The online racing simulator
old player, wanted to play s1 again, can't get it to unlock
I was a player on s1 back in 04, just decided to get back into it tonight.

I downloaded s1 (since thats the license I have paid for), logged on and got all my game passwords and user name straight. I

The next step was just start the game, put in your username and game password, and hit unlock. The game should unlock itself if it's connected to the internet (which I am); no key necessary.

Well it's not. How do I request an unlocking key? It says I have unlocks left.

Sorry the incredibly stupid questions. I remember I had a few hassles getting it going last time too so I figured I'd just ask you guys and save myself some grief hopefully.
1) Download the S2 version, as licences simply unlock content (atleast at this point)
2) Throw in your Username and Game Password there
3) Voila, unlocked as a S1 user.

You're trying to unlock probably S1 0.3 F (H or so took out the unlock keys) and the Master server has moved several times in the... 3 years since those versions were released.

Hope this helps.
Yes, I'd just like to confirm that, the old versions no longer connect to the master server (because the master server moved location and the old versions do not have the ability to redirect to the new IP address).

But that is no problem for S2 licensed racers, all the S1 cars and tracks are available to you in the S2 versions.

What you need to do is download the most recent version 0.5Z and unlock that.

Downloads : http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads
Ok, got S2 alpha Z, did that, it's telling me the passwords don't match.
are you using your gamepassword? its different from the one to log onto the forum and other lfs websites
anyway you probably forgot it so what youll have to do is go to www.lfs.net log in at the top right with the same password you use for the forum and then set a new game password
Never mind; I went back and changed my password on the main page and now it works.
Thanks! Hopefully I'll get my old sidewinder ff wheel to work with vista (it looks like it doesn't want to learn key combinations for the buttons, at least that is the first problem I notice haven't event tried to drive with it yet).
#7 - RasKK
heya,
i kinda archived the good old slippery s1 versions, and i would like to go for these old versions again.
could you post the old master server adresses so i could redirect them on my own to the new masterserver if the game trys to contact them ?
You could only play online if someone else had exactly the same redirection modification and the same S1 version - To be honest, it's not worth the extra effort (You couldn't play online with the S2 version boys)
Quote from RasKK :could you post the old master server adresses so i could redirect them on my own to the new masterserver if the game trys to contact them ?

you could find that thread from iirc it was the_angry_angel with modified exes in it that have the right ip hardcoded into them... also you could probably ask taa for the right addesses
im thinking there are simpler ways to unlock .3h though
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG