The online racing simulator
Freedom Server
(19 posts, started )
#1 - m4ccy
Freedom Server
I have launched a server wich may be freely used by newcomers to s2 who wish to just let loose in any car they wish, no rules apart from be nice to other players.

You will not be kicked for crashing by accident.

THIS IS NOT A DESTRUCTION DERBY SERVER!

Use any car you wish, players are also allowed to change track so if u get there 1st you can choose ^^

This server however will not prepare you for the rules systems in other servers, its just a place you can master your cornering in a relaxed atmosphere no threat of being kicked for not following rules you neglected to read.

If you joined a pro server who gave you a set and told you to practice offline, you could instead use this server for your practice.

There is no mods of any kind running on this server.

There are probably a few servers for this allready.... well now there is 1 more at least its not another cruise ^^

server name : Freedom Of Cars
24/7 dedicated host
good idea becuase when i was getting S2 i was hoping there was a server so i could just practice freely with out been kicked/banned and i alwyas wanted a server that is like a trackday with any car and just race
Quote from m4ccy :Use any car you wish and drive any direction you wish, players are also allowed to change track so if u get there 1st you can choose

I don't think that's going to work well.
#4 - m4ccy
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think that's going to work well.

Maybe but at least it will give the new people a chance to avoid hitting each other head on lol, this may assist in training ^^
Quote from m4ccy :Maybe but at least it will give the new people a chance to avoid hitting each other head on lol, this may assist in training

Why should anybody need to train that? There is only one direction. Everybody drives either in the normal or in the reversed direction.
Quote from m4ccy : This server however will not prepare you for the rules systems in other servers, its just a place you can master your cornering in a relaxed atmosphere no threat of being kicked for not understanding rules.

Contradiction and understatement of the year.

Quote from m4ccy : at least its not another cruise

Well is the Cruise option enabled? Can you do what you like? If so, it's a cruise server in all but name (crossed with a destruction derby).
#7 - m4ccy
--
Ok clearly bad idea suggesting wrong way travel but i not expecting the server to be full so figured this would not be a problem.

Therefore I announce now that if you join the server dont drive the wrong way!.

And no the cruise option is not on.

Its a hotlap server for noobs to s2 who want to hone there skills on any track any car.

Im going to edit my 1st post to remove the idea of wrong way ^^
#8 - m4ccy
[quote=boothy;993555]Contradiction and understatement of the year.

I dont understand why my comment is contradiction ?
The comment is aimed at newcomers to s2
This server will NOT prepare you for the rules systems that are in place on other servers so if you are new and you come to this server 1st dont take it as being how the other servers would be.

I dont see whats so contradictory about that ?

Or maybe you thought i said that the server will prepare people for the rules of other servers ?
#9 - m4ccy
Quote from zeugnimod :Why should anybody need to train that? There is only one direction. Everybody drives either in the normal or in the reversed direction.

True say fair enough bad idea the server is now 1 way only.
Please bear in mind that I only joined S2 this week and am a noob myself ^^
--
Any suggestions for server settings that I should know about plz let me know.

I may possibly place a lapper insim on there to record peoples times.

Would this be a good idea ?

Guide me you gurus you ^^
Well, Cruise option = Wrong way on; so to have wrong way allowed as you originally thought you'd have had to have the Cruise option on!

The contradiction was about the "master your cornering in a relaxed atmosphere no threat of being kicked for not understanding rules" - how could you master cornering when it would be a free for all (even going the correct way)?
Because this server is not likely to have more than 5 players on at 1 time.
And if its a big track then the better.
Earlier about 5 of us were doing hotlaps, there was not many times when we saw each other but when we did we all passed safely.

I had a nice few hotlaps that were not interrupted except for when I crashed out all by myself ^^

I guess there will be times when people dont use common sense and cause an accident, hopefully they can learn from that apologize and move on with a bit more exp.

I got familiar with the track pretty quick and there is no layout added.

I am going to review settings just realised there is no wrong way kick.
As a guy came hurtling at me ^^.

In a typical race server you have not got time to learn the tracks It would be better to get practice on them first before trying to race them or people will just have a 1st corner argy bargy turning into a rage fest lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :Why should anybody need to train that? There is only one direction. Everybody drives either in the normal or in the reversed direction.

=/ I'd have to dissagree in some cases. Some pickup race servers you start last and encounter about 20 situations in 3 laps were you have to avoid a car that is facing you. This happened to me about 7 races out of 8 on some server (which I will not name but it was great fun :P.)
Quote from evilpimp :=/ I'd have to dissagree in some cases. Some pickup race servers you start last and encounter about 20 situations in 3 laps were you have to avoid a car that is facing you. This happened to me about 7 races out of 8 on some server (which I will not name but it was great fun :P.)

4 letters and one number?

Actually 8 letters.
12 letters and 1 number

No its not CTRA :P
Although when your around in CTRA I do encounter twice the ammount of oncoming traffic then usual. JK :P
hi all how you all doing

Freedom Server
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG