The online racing simulator
Desafio das Estrelas - Massa's Kart Event This Weekend. Battle Royale!
I believe this to be the final qualifying line up.

Pos No Equipe Tempo Dif. na
1 18 Lucas Di Grassi 42.592
2 20 Vitantonio Liuzzi 42.707
3 11 Rubens Barrichello 42.809
4 1 Michael Schumacher 43.222
5 21 Thiago Camilo 43.342
6 3 Antonio Pizzonia 45.090
7 16 Allam Khodair 45.162
8 42 Ricardo Zonta 45.535
9 65 Max Wilson 46.290
10 80 Marcos Gomes 46.942

I think there was a 1 lap shoot out for pole. Massa got 10th
in pre-quali which I think should have seen him in the top 10
shoot-out but he must have been excluded from quali. Not too sure.
Just working with what i've got. He is supposed to be the second best
driver on the planet according to the FIA! What's doing not
challenging for the win? lol :P

Schumacher Vs ' I still got it' Barrichello should be friggin' good

Luizzi has to be favourite to take the win. Di Grassi is a nice surprise
up there too.

It's on EuroSport 2 tomorrow for anyone wanting to watch some proper racing....

It's a shame the karts have those stupid wedge bodywork they look
DISGUSTING!

It's just a shame Hamilton wouldn't be allowed to take part
Yup, 1 lap shoot-out for the top 5 of each group - there was 2 groups of 13 cars on qualify, and the top 5 of each group earned the chance to try the pole-position.

Group 1 Results:

Group 2 Results:

Starting Grip:

Lol @ Jeff Gordon. And I don't see why Di Grassi is a surprise... But my vote goes to Luizzi as well.
Well I am not 'surprised' by Di Grassi's speed, but pole is very impressive against someone like Luizzi. It would be nice to see some pro kart drivers in the mix too - Ardigo, fore, Thonon! Though to be honest it would get embarrassing for some of the so called 'best drivers on the planet'. Mind you they are all racing in Macau at the moment!

Also you would have to jump through hoops to get Fore, Ardigo, and co driving a Birel chassis. notice Schumi (who is part onner of TonyKart) has a sticker over the Birel logo on the wheel

Have to give it to Massa for putting on this event, and getting Schumi involved. Has to be said they are proper drivers. I am tempted to organise something similar myself but to get some of the big names in the UK would be a NIGHTMARE! Some of our drivers are contracted to death
Any idea at what time they'll be broadcasting it?
GMT Times

13:15 race 1
16:00 race 2

That's on UK Eurosport.. not sure about Canada
I'm sure I can find UK Eurosport broadcasts online . Seems like some fun stuff.

Jeff gordon = Fail :S
Quote from Intrepid :Have to give it to Massa for putting on this event...

On a sad side note, Santa Catarina (the state where this event is happening) has gone through some nasty storms the last days and there are already 110 dead, 19 disappeared and nearly 30k homeless people.

Massa already stated he will be donating some money, and will try to get the other drivers to do the same.
O_O Wow. Thats some pretty nasty stuff :S.
meh too bad its only karts.
Quote from Mustafur :meh too bad its only karts.

I know dude. What I don't get is why would Dan Wheldon last week at the SKUSA SuperNats say "this is more competitive than IndyCar"? These guys must be idiots!
#11 - JJ72
do i read it right? roberto moreno? he is what....50 years old now I guess?
Quote from Intrepid :It would be nice to see some pro kart drivers in the mix too - Ardigo, fore, Thonon! Though to be honest it would get embarrassing for some of the so called 'best drivers on the planet'. Mind you they are all racing in Macau at the moment!

I just want to remind you (in case you've forgotten) that Liuzzi was 2001 world karting champion.

Di Grassi shouldn't surprise you. He was 5th in 2000 Formula A world championship (some interesting names in that season: see here - Lewis Hamilton was 20th!).
Race is about to start!

Edit: Pfft, Barrichello took Liuzzi out of the race...

Edit2: Lol Schummy spun!

Edit3: Race 1 Results:

Damn anyone got a stream :S. Can't find it :S
Quote from samjh :I just want to remind you (in case you've forgotten) that Liuzzi was 2001 world karting champion.

Di Grassi shouldn't surprise you. He was 5th in 2000 Formula A world championship (some interesting names in that season: see here - Lewis Hamilton was 20th!).

But Formula A was a sub class to Formula Super A back then. Formula A wasn't the TOP class at that time. The actual World Championship was won by Davide Fore in 2000. Hamilton had issues in 2000. 1 off races with 100cc engines can yield some weird results! Hamilton had dominated 2000 in Formula A in reality!

I was probably a little over zealous with the term 'surprise'. Di Grassi is quality.

and if you read my post PROPERLY you would have seen that I mentioned that I thought it was good for Di Grassi to beat 'someone like Luizzi'. I know Luizzi was 01 World Champ and that's why I mentioned him

Funny to see Rubens win. That race actually meant something to him. lol Luizzi woulda won had he staying on!
His NAME is LIUzzi!!
Lol xD Was that water or oil or something on the ground though? :P
Yh i think something was down in that area. Still funny though!
"Aaaah, Schumacker."
Quote from Intrepid :and if you read my post PROPERLY you would have seen that I mentioned that I thought it was good for Di Grassi to beat 'someone like Luizzi'. I know Luizzi was 01 World Champ and that's why I mentioned him

Come to think of it, I'm a little curious that there aren't any more big-name drivers. It would be nice to see more of the F1 chaps, especially the likes of Kubica, Kovalainen (who did really well in the Formula Super A), and Raikkonen.

Any more results?
Obviously got pretty low standards if the top 10 drivers in the world (according to Alan) are split by over 4 seconds when you ask them to do one lap.
Quote from ajp71 :Obviously got pretty low standards if the top 10 drivers in the world (according to Alan) are split by over 4 seconds when you ask them to do one lap.

what are you on about?
Quote from samjh :Come to think of it, I'm a little curious that there aren't any more big-name drivers. It would be nice to see more of the F1 chaps, especially the likes of Kubica, Kovalainen (who did really well in the Formula Super A), and Raikkonen.

Any more results?

contractual issues make it difficult. You see plenty of IndyCar drivers competing in kart events. The FIA actually stopped Luizzi and Speed competing in the SKUSA SuperNats a few years ago and threatened to withdraw their F1 Super Licences. All because they wanted to compete in a non-FIA accredited kart race!

So that is a hurdle for some drivers.

Alonso/Kubica are always out karting. Kubica, apparently raced in Siena in the KZ2 class. The only reason I can't confirm is because it was only suggested he raced after his test day in his newly branded 'Kubica Kart' (pics here - http://www.ksp.fr/cgi-bin/Phot ... d=362111&style=ksp_en ) There are no results however. I doubt he would have won anyway

I was actually going to be there for some other reason, but didn't make it ! DOH! Kubica appears to want to do some more races though. he is managing a team now.
Quote from samjh :Any more results?

Completely forgot, sorry.

Here's the Race 2 results:

Liuzzi didn't race because his back was injured (Barrichello's fault?). Schumacher had to retire after some contact with Thiago Camilo, but seems like he wasn't in shape this time anyway.

I can't find the "championship" standings but seems like Rubens won with 36 points, ahead of Di Grassi with 35.

Edit:
Quote from samjh :Come to think of it, I'm a little curious that there aren't any more big-name drivers. It would be nice to see more of the F1 chaps, especially the likes of Kubica, Kovalainen (who did really well in the Formula Super A), and Raikkonen.

Obviously most of the drivers will always be brazilian, but as far as I know Massa invites a lot of people out there. It's up to them (and whatever/whoever manages them) to accept it or not. Gordon said he accepted it without even thinking and was one of the most excited guys in the track, despite having little experience with karts. Kimi, on the other hand, refused.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG