The online racing simulator
Truth in 24: Audi's 24h of LeMans Documentary
In case you are interested....

http://www.truthin24.com/

Statham's narrating is laughable, but otherwise it looks worthy of a DVD release soon, and I want it. So far there are only screenings across the globe... and it is winning some film festival awards.

iMDB link

This reminds me a lot of Speed Tribe, but that sucked.
Had a quick look around the website, watched like the first intro bit, and I'm a bit confused as to what this is.

Is this a documentary about the Audi history in the sport, their recent "zomg turbodiesel" outings, or just a documentary of the sport itself?
#3 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Is this a documentary about the Audi history in the sport, their recent "zomg turbodiesel"

Would think so, seeing as one of the recent copies of Motorsport magazine had had several pages taken over by Audi, describing how brilliant they are.
Well, they are brilliant... They are one of the most successful automotive brands in the world, and that's before the even entered Le Mans..
Quote from Tweaker :In case you are interested....

http://www.truthin24.com/

Statham's narrating is laughable, but otherwise it looks worthy of a DVD release soon, and I want it. So far there are only screenings across the globe... and it is winning some film festival awards.

iMDB link

This reminds me a lot of Speed Tribe, but that sucked.

So is his acting....but thats already been ranted about in another thread.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, they are brilliant... They are one of the most successful automotive brands in the world, and that's before the even entered Le Mans..

For some reason I think your parents own a VAG garage. Also, they win at Le Mans because they have all the money in the world to test.
#7 - Vain
Quote from hrtburnout :Also, they win at Le Mans because they have all the money in the world to test.

I think that's the spirit of factory racing. Look at the racing series in the world, find the one with the most room for improvement within the regulations, build a car that is utterly superior and defeats all other vehicles to the point that opposition is pointless and withdraw from the series when those whiney b*tches rule out your car because it's too far advanced. The strategy is called "unfair play".
Happened that way for Porsche (917), Mercedes (CLK GTR) and it's the situation Audi is in. Once the FIA recognizes that they've been out-smarted by Audi and cripple the diesels enough Audi will withdraw. Just like BMW should've withdrawn from WTCC after the laughable rule-changes to make the BMW catchable by the FWD competitors.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Happened that way for Porsche (917), Mercedes (CLK GTR) and it's the situation Audi is in. Once the FIA recognizes that they've been out-smarted by Audi and cripple the diesels enough Audi will withdraw.

What about the 6 years of Audi R8 dominance? That wasn't diesel. While I agree as to the unfair play strategy, Audi was on top long before the R10 came about.
Quote from Vain :I think that's the spirit of factory racing. Look at the racing series in the world, find the one with the most room for improvement within the regulations, build a car that is utterly superior and defeats all other vehicles to the point that opposition is pointless and withdraw from the series when those whiney b*tches rule out your car because it's too far advanced. The strategy is called "unfair play".
Happened that way for Porsche (917), Mercedes (CLK GTR) and it's the situation Audi is in. Once the FIA recognizes that they've been out-smarted by Audi and cripple the diesels enough Audi will withdraw. Just like BMW should've withdrawn from WTCC after the laughable rule-changes to make the BMW catchable by the FWD competitors.

Vain

Hmmkay. I said nothing and agree completely. I also dislike BMW being punished for their engineering.
Quote from hrtburnout :For some reason I think your parents own a VAG garage.

My uncles do.
Quote from MAGGOT :What about the 6 years of Audi R8 dominance? That wasn't diesel. While I agree as to the unfair play strategy, Audi was on top long before the R10 came about.

Well, that's 6 if you are including the Bentley victory, which is Audi anyway.
Quote from hrtburnout :For some reason I think your parents own a VAG garage. Also, they win at Le Mans because they have all the money in the world to test.

Hahahaha.

Aren't VAG the car group that, when you apply the brakes in many of its products, the throttle doesn't work. Meaning you can't do Heel'n'toe downchanges?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Aren't VAG the car group that, when you apply the brakes in many of its products, the throttle doesn't work. Meaning you can't do Heel'n'toe downchanges?

Tractors....sorry Diesels... don't have much engine braking anyway
Quote from BlueFlame :My uncles do.

Well, that's 6 if you are including the Bentley victory, which is Audi anyway.

From memory the Bentley was a sole entrant in its class (i.e. it wasn't directly racing against the Audis).
Quote from amp88 :From memory the Bentley was a sole entrant in its class (i.e. it wasn't directly racing against the Audis).

It still took the overall victory. Essentially, the 2003 Bentley Speed 8 (Not the EXP from 01-02) was an R8 with a roof and some fiddling with the bodywork.

I seem to recall it being classed as "LMGTP" to encourage other marquees to build closed cockpit cars, but that didn't take off at the time. It was still a P1 class car in specs.
Quote from MAGGOT :It was still a P1 class car in specs.

actually it had slimmer wheels all round
Quote from Tweaker :This reminds me a lot of Speed Tribe, but that sucked.

I saw that trailer some time ago. Weird shit.

Reminds more about Chasing the Dream (there is also a prequel but I have not seen that one), which is actually a ok-ish documentary.

ps. Statham's narration is a little bit over dramatic.
Quote from Vain :Happened that way for Porsche (917), Mercedes (CLK GTR) and it's the situation Audi is in. Once the FIA recognizes that they've been out-smarted by Audi and cripple the diesels enough Audi will withdraw.

Not FIA though...

And speaking of which, diesels will get 10.5% overall performance cut next year, lower boosts and reduced restrictors.

last week Audi published R15 (diesel again, but specs unknown), so at least not yet withdrawing.
Quote from Shotglass :actually it had slimmer wheels all round

AFAIK there's no rule stating that you can't run tires narrower than the maximum. I know Creation Sport did that for two seasons after moving their Creation/Zytek up to P1 from P2. Was there a rule set for the LMGTP (or whatever) class that year?
iirc there was... narrower tyres to make up for the better aero you get from a closed cockpit
Quote from amp88 :From memory the Bentley was a sole entrant in its class (i.e. it wasn't directly racing against the Audis).

Yea, so Audi factory team pulled out to let Bentley win, which Bentley is owned by Audi anyway.. therefore It's an Audi victory
Quote from Shotglass :iirc there was... narrower tyres to make up for the better aero you get from a closed cockpit

Ahh I See. Ah well.. Still an R8 'neath it all
#22 - 5haz
Only thing Audi about it was the Engine block, RTN (Racing Technology Norfolk) designed and built the chassis, Peter Elleray was the designer.

Obviously the engine was also bored out, because of the larger capacity limit in the Bentley's class.
So is this thing actually worth watching? :o
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So is this thing actually worth watching? :o

Unless you're an Audi fan, it doesn't seem so.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG