The online racing simulator
Personal Bests?
(7 posts, started )
Personal Bests?
First, yes I searched, checked FAQs, searched again, missed half of the football game, checked every menu option in the game,etc.....

Is there someplace I am missing where I can review my personal bests without having to upload every stinking replay into LSFW? This seems like really basic functionality to me. I have not started playing online yet (not good enough - can't even manage T1 unscathed in the singleplayer mode). So most of my time is spent hotlapping. But I have a hard time figuring out how I am doing without a single place to check my best times for different cars and different tracks. Even the arcade games track this info.....

Am I missing something obvious, or is this merely lacking in the game?
Singleplayer lap times are not 'uploaded' to LFSW.

You have to go online and do laps, or upload your hotlaps to get your times reflected in LFSW unfortunately mate.

*edit*

As a side note, I was recently offline for quite some time and had the same issue.

What I did was installed Lapper and set up my own server and played on that (offline naturally).

It's not the ideal set up, but it will give you PB's, split times etc whilst playing offline.

Worth a shot, IMO.
Thanks, I will check it out. Do I need a separate, dedicated server?
I ran two instances of LFS, one as a mulitplayer host and one as the client (driving around).

I can't recall if there was any excessive fiddling about needed. I will confirm for you later but I'm at work atm.

Someone else might help out between now and then.
#5 - bbman
Quote from bcblues :Thanks, I will check it out. Do I need a separate, dedicated server?

Just open a Server from your client... I believe you can run the server hidden, so it won't be advertised with the Master Server List, so nobody will join your server unless you give him the name... Your PB's will then be automatically recorded which you can view here...
Man, I looked at the package I downloaded and I couldn't even figure out the first step - changing the password in the config file. This looks like a computer programmer's wet dream and far too difficult for a motor-head like me.

This just seems like basic functionality that should be included with the program.
Quote from bcblues :Man, I looked at the package I downloaded and I couldn't even figure out the first step - changing the password in the config file. This looks like a computer programmer's wet dream and far too difficult for a motor-head like me.

This just seems like basic functionality that should be included with the program.

Start lfs and go to Multiplayer > Start new game. Set it to hidden.

Personal Bests?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG