The online racing simulator
I have lost my passion for LFS
(73 posts, started )
Well after a break of several months I have tried to come back to race, but still there alot of idiots out there and gettig a good clean race can take several attempts to start.

I hope to be back at some point, but I dont see it in the near future.
So until my passion returns I'll see you later.
How could such a thing like this happen?
Quote from FPVaaron :How could such a thing like this happen?

It has happened to a number of people I know I fear it is quite normal

I think it's dificult for like minded racers to link up sometimes, and can be very frustrating trying to get a good race in a server full of over zelous racers that keep driving beyond their limits It is a real pleasure though racing against individuals that while they race fast and agrressive they remain curteous and considerate of their fellow races and remain within there driving abilities, unfortunately that doesn't happen on every excursion into LFS

I feel there is a need for something in between league races and public races... Sad to hear another good racer going by the way side
Puplic servers

Hmm, we should get option to have servers where at the start nobody had acces. There should be list where people allowed to join would be, names could be taken for leagues or from single events and people who are know to race clean would get there. In system like this no random noob or wrecker could join and clean people would have a good place to race on the server list. Private servers and passwords are too complicated and hard way to get people race. You would see this kind of server on the list and it would be quaranteed clean.

Oooor another option is to have ADMINS on the puplic servers. I think I have seen admin on a puplic server on S2 once, there was 3 of them actually but they were only testing new options wich came in a patch.
#5 - SamH
Not everyone can have and maintain a passion for LFS, or for many things for that matter. It's not different in online racing sims from any other aspect of life. Time passes, and life is peppered with both significant and insignificant things. All those things affect your ability to focus your interests and attentions. Some things stick and some things slip. That's life.

Pabs, I hope that whatever happens to you in the future - whether it includes a return to LFS or not - is positive and to your benefit
Quote from Blackout :Hmm, we should get option to have servers where at the start nobody had acces.

The training in sp doesn't really work I think, a lot of people do few lessons and then just go online.. With all known accidents.
Since the LFS Credits are been put aside, a new evalution system of the racer would be a good idea. Don't really know right away how to put that up, with points, scores, just the amount of time you race..dno...
That's the devs job!

Good luck in future Pabs, hope to see you soon @ track
Quote from Blackout :Puplic servers

puplic as in public servers are full of young pups you did that on purpose didn't you! LOL I've got a puppy at the moment and she's an absolute terror!
Quote from Pabs(Sco) :Well after a break of several months I have tried to come back to race, but still there alot of idiots out there and gettig a good clean race can take several attempts to start.

I hope to be back at some point, but I dont see it in the near future.
So until my passion returns I'll see you later.

Do your team mates not provide close and clean racing?

I can sypathise with your reasoning here though. If i had to search for a server of my liking, only to find it was half full of people who havent quite grasped the concept of clean racing, I would also get very frustrated.

I suppose one of the main reasons LFS has such longevity for me is the fact that I can pretty much always goto one of our team servers and at least have control over what goes on.

Take last night for example, there was alot of good racing with Tristan, Clownpaint, Fordy and quite a few others at the front of the pack on our team server. But there was still alot of noobs on. I know these people need to learn, and until it proves a problem we can all race togther. However, even these races can turn messy unfortunately.

The reason I am surprised that you get frustrated is that I thought you would get clean races with your team mates. This is guaranteed for myself and our team every Friday when we have private practice/races, often with invited guests. e.g. last friday we had TBO4 at FE Gold, and there were no accidents at all during the 1st lap and ive got the replay to prove it. I suppose it is all down to being able to race with people you can trust, and those people knowing that races arent won on lap1.

I suggest trying to get your team more active and organising events, or at least joining someone else's event.
#9 - Micha
If you want to have clean, long and exciting races u have to come to Team [PiRa]! Keep it clean, keep it PiRa!

www.pimba-racing.de and race for your life!
since i broke my steering wheel my passion has not been the same.

doesnt stop me though! lol
Everytime i join servers where i find clean fast racing il add the racers who i see as great people to fight with, therefore using my buddies list more as a good race search.
#12 - th84
sad to hear that pabs!! hope to see you back real soon!! i recall some very good racing with you! cya soon i hope
Quote from Dragger :since i broke my steering wheel my passion has not been the same.

doesnt stop me though! lol

I broke two microsoft steering wheels driving on LFS.... (actually on the second the cable that connects the wheel with the base got worn and is with bad contacts due too much use, and in the first, the pcb burned).

I was already loosing interest on LFS due to the bugs, and now, I have another reason to not driving on LFS.

But I have to admit that I got too much addicted on LFS...
When im on a new track/car where i dont know braking points/turn in points or basically when I am not 'perfect' on it yet, i allways drop to back at the start. More servers should make this 'message' appear to all who come in. And threaten banning immediately if they obviously are not capable of driving the track cleanly because of lack of experience in the same message.
Quote from Mogar :I was already loosing interest on LFS due to the bugs, and now, I have another reason to not driving on LFS.

If only you could find a reason not to releatedly post your thoughts on how much you dislike the game

On Topic - being an 'teamless' Aussie (and probs not as hardcore as most of you) I find it hard to find a race at all! I probably spend more time on the demo servers than on S2 public servers.
I'd rather race a decent sized field, and avoid a few n00bs and wreckers, than race against no-one.

Here's looking forward to S2 final's release to regenerate some interest
Also, I'm secretly hoping for a TBO renaissance to fill up the S2 servers in the near future.
I recently found two things:

1. I've definitely "lost my passion" for this forum. Every second new thread is either about progress reports, (or the recent "lfs dev team" one which I won't even bother opening), and then the other threads go somewhere along the lines of: "Do midgets/military people play LFS?".

2. I kind of changed the "way" I play LFS. I focus on league races. That gives me the motivation to really train on a certain combo, as well as race with a group of people I know, and enjoy. That means I pretty much gave up joining random servers, and racing with random people.

Mind you, I still have a bloody good time playing LFS
Cheers!
I lost my passion toward the end of last year, its just burn out, it happens in many things in life, and you will get the passion back one day.

As Szyszek says for his point no2, thats pretty much all I do, practice, or race a certain combo on a certain server, I rarely join random servers.

Also, I have noticed that alot of people can't differentiate between a bad driver, and them being in the wrong line etc, I have lost count of the amount of times someone has bitched and moaned at me for being a bad driver, when it was a racing incident, or , I had the line in the corner, and they turn in on you, or they have the wrong line completely.

Dan,
i can understand him.

i am racing not very often, because i have little time and i am often too tired. but when i want to race online, i see that most servers have track/car combos that i really don't like. i don't like the slicks and how they heaten up. i especially don't like formula cars and the oval.

so, i browse through the server list and find some interesting combos with racers on the server. guess what? password protected. it seems that if some ppl want to try something different they have to protect themselves. tough luck for me!

when i found a public server i haven't had problems with wreckers at all. but 75% of the times i want to race, the only interesting ones are closed.

most of the public streetcar servers are driftserver (>_<), the only rx server i often find is a stuntserver (wahhhhh!!!).

if you aren't that involved in the community it's difficult to find some nice races.
Quote from szyszek :I recently found two things:

1. I've definitely "lost my passion" for this forum. Every second new thread is either about progress reports, (or the recent "lfs dev team" one which I won't even bother opening), and then the other threads go somewhere along the lines of: "Do midgets/military people play LFS?".

2. I kind of changed the "way" I play LFS. I focus on league races. That gives me the motivation to really train on a certain combo, as well as race with a group of people I know, and enjoy. That means I pretty much gave up joining random servers, and racing with random people.

Mind you, I still have a bloody good time playing LFS
Cheers!

The same goes for me in every aspect.
Damn that sucks... I haven't played for a few days and I though I lost it but months man that can screw the driving cells right up Hope 2 see u back on the Race track wit ur car in High gear..... :S since I can't tho
Over here in the US, it's still that dang AS National in the GTR's. I said on the server recently, I have over 1000 laps there now. Someone said, "dang dude, aren't you tired of it here?" Er, yea, but I don't have much of a choice when other servers all they do is run hour long qualifying with 1 or 2 other connections. AS Nat is still the only one you can get it on with 15 or so other cars.

FOX at KY Nat. or Westhill pops up now and then, but not very often. I end up every few weeks, jumping over to the demo servers and end up having some really good racing there.
Quote from mrodgers :I end up every few weeks, jumping over to the demo servers and end up having some really good racing there.

Are you serious?!
Quote from B2B@300 :Are you serious?!

Well..... There was this one guy named Oz.....
Quote from mrodgers :Over here in the US, it's still that dang AS National in the GTR's.
FOX at KY Nat. or Westhill pops up now and then, but not very often. I end up every few weeks, jumping over to the demo servers and end up having some really good racing there.

Have you tried joining to empty server and setting the track to something else? I have also over 1000 laps in AS nat with the GTRs and I have decided not to drive it anymore. I have couple of times joined to an empty server and changed the track to AS4R or something little different and sometimes people join, sometimes not. But I bet there are others that are sick of that combo too And FOX at Ky nat is nice combo, I like it a lot...
Thanks for the comments guys..

this is definately not a "I am going for good".

n1Racing is very quiet at the moment and has been for some time. I found a new game to play which is taking up most of my free time (Eve-Online). But I am sure I will reduce my gameplay on that at some point.

hopefully the rest of the n1 members will come back, I would hate to see n1Racing die...our Team Manger is away on Army duties and for the rest I dont really know. A few may have moved to other teams, our forums have been dead lately.

I even tried to become a member of the OLFSL crew to keep me in the game, but with RL commitments on a Sunday I was missing most of the races.

I really love driving sims...infact I can not even driver anyother since I played LFS so I am sure my passion will return...possibly within the new F1 season.

And as Arnie syas...."I'll be back!"

(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG