The online racing simulator
Netkar pro, This is the worst thread youll ever see in your life (help)
Well since NetKar pro is seemed to be decent etc I figured id download the demo, and now im quite severly stuck...IVe loaded the car with fuel, and mounted its tires (i think), but i just cant work out how ot start thte damn Formula 1600...I feel quite retared for making this thread but still.

Sorry if theres threads like this (but i doubt people are as retarded as me)
And sorry if the answer is obvoius.

Cheers, Jimaxx.
#2 - Jakg
You actually have to click the buttons (using your mouse) in the car itself to start it.

I had the same issue
You first need to turn on the ignition (flip switch on the left side (by clicking it with your mouse)), then hit the starter switch nearby. IIRC the backspace key was the shortcut for the starter motor if you can't seem to make it work on the dash.
Well, now im stuck with a "GAH STOP ABUSING ME" engine sound then a fail to start :P
I think you need to turn on ignition, fuel pump THEN start it. Also, you have a limited battery life, so you'll need to start it on the first couple of goes. It's meant to be realistic, but fails admirably in the attempt.
#6 - amp88
Firstly click on the top switch on the left (labelled main). Then click and hold the second switch down (labelled start) until the engine catches.

edit: Added pictures
Attached images
step 1.jpg
step 2.jpg
woots, cheers :P, Im sure I tried that

GAHHHZZZ, Now another thing, how the living jesus do i setup my throttle propely (Its reversed push for less lift for more) and how do i set my paddles /stick as a gear, im realy struggling with the options for this game :P
Quote from tristancliffe : Also, you have a limited battery life, so you'll need to start it on the first couple of goes. It's meant to be realistic, but fails admirably in the attempt.

I always figured race cars would have small batteries to save weight and probably wouldn't take many starting attempts before draining them of their power. This isn't the case then?
Quote from jimaxx : Now another thing, how the living jesus do i setup my throttle propely (Its reversed push for less lift for more) and how do i set my paddles /stick as a gear, im realy struggling with the options for this game :P

not sure whats up with the reversed throttle, not come across that before What wheel do you have? Can you reverse the axis in your wheel control panel?

Set the paddles/stick to the same button on your wheel

(EG: Paddle up and stick up to the same button.)
Using mah dfp, and well I suppose I could TRY and play it with the reversed throttle since im just playing around in single player...

Edit: One other problem: How do i turn the wheel "screen" crap on, speedo etc :P
Quote from jimaxx :woots, cheers :P, Im sure I tried that

GAHHHZZZ, Now another thing, how the living jesus do i setup my throttle propely (Its reversed push for less lift for more)

I had the same problem with the reversed control for my clutch. Here's how to fix it. In Settings -> Controllers, take your foot off the throttle and click on the "set min" button to the right of the throttle. Now press the throttle all the way in and hold it. Click on the "set max" button to the right of the throttle. Now you can let go of the throttle and it should be the right way.
Quote from jimaxx :Using mah dfp, and well I suppose I could TRY and play it with the reversed throttle since im just playing around in single player...

Hopefully a DFP owner will have the answer for you. I know a few people that played it with a DFP with no problem at all.
EDIT:- answer supplied already!

TBH i would probably wait for the new demo to come out anyway before assesing netKar Pro. The cars feel very different in the new version, the pysics and tire model have changed. Setup's from the 1.02 version are completely useless, and most of all you will actually have the AIM display working in the Demo with 1.03.
Quote from The Moose :I always figured race cars would have small batteries to save weight and probably wouldn't take many starting attempts before draining them of their power. This isn't the case then?

Of course it's the case. But the starting procedure in a real car ends up nothing like in nK. For starters, cars with small batteries have a plug in slave battery that will last for many many starts (20? 30? 50? Probably more). Plus there is none of the unlabelled, unknown buttons hidden out of the view in a real car. And you can feel when the engine is going to, or already has, caught, so you know when to let go of the button.

Without tactile feedback it's a silly addition. It could be improved, slightly, with keyboard shortcuts that are slightly closer to cockpit switches than a mouse and a pointer.
Quote from tristancliffe :Without tactile feedback it's a silly addition.

more importantly its a chore that adds nothing in return for taking away a few seconds of your day
Quote from Shotglass :more importantly its a chore that adds nothing in return for taking away a few seconds of your day

ROFL. No chance of getting you to start a 737 from cold and dark in flight sim then.

Your wrong anyway, it does add something, that little thing called immersion. Starting the car from cold is a feature that most nKPro drivers absolutely love.
Quote from The Moose :ROFL. No chance of getting you to start a 737 from cold and dark in flight sim then.

what makes you think id like to waste 20 minutes on checklists when i could be busy trying to somehow bring a 747 down in one piece on meigs field with 150kmh winds gusting from the side instead?

Quote :Your wrong anyway, it does add something, that little thing called immersion.

yes its extremely immersive to bend over you wheel and fiddle with your mouse

Quote :Starting the car from cold is a feature that most nKPro drivers absolutely love.

yes but with what all 15 of you are willing to endure im guessing youd also enjoy a colonoscopy as long as kunos does it to you
Quote from Shotglass :what makes you think id like to waste 20 minutes on checklists when i could be busy trying to somehow bring a 747 down in one piece on meigs field with 150kmh winds gusting from the side instead?

Exactly my point. You just want the money shot, some people want the foreplay as well.

Quote from Shotglass :yes its extremely immersive to bend over you wheel and fiddle with your mouse

No, it's immersive sitting in the garage in a cold car, firing up your electronics and starting the car. But not for you obviously. See point 1

Quote from Shotglass :yes but with what all 15 of you are willing to endure im guessing youd also enjoy a colonoscopy as long as kunos does it to you

Ahh, the famous German sense of humour strikes again.
Quote :I always figured race cars would have small batteries to save weight and probably wouldn't take many starting attempts before draining them of their power. This isn't the case then?

Like all parts on a car used in motor sports it is a subject of extremes. Some years back a friend of mine working in a battery factory got to build the battery for a car racing at Le Mans, I forget which team, the one based in Saffron Waldon.

Anyway it was a major custom job involving carbon fibre and gel, if I recall correctly it was designed to weigh under half a kilo, be capable of driving the car for around half a lap to limp back to the bits if needed and took 2 days to assemble from parts after the bits had been manufactured, and then was thrown away after 1 race - the next years car had a different design.
Quote from The Moose :Exactly my point. You just want the money shot, some people want the foreplay as well.

normally foreplay is supposed to be fun... my friend who has a air traffic license (on hold) certainly didnt put 80k into it because he enjoys doing checkups and i rather doubt that tristan drives his f3 to a track because he likes sitting in the pits flicking switches so much
#20 - 5haz
Quote from Shotglass :what makes you think id like to waste 20 minutes on checklists when i could be busy trying to somehow bring a 747 down in one piece on meigs field with 150kmh winds gusting from the side instead?

You'd have a hard time seeing as its no longer there.

OT: Well its a nice original touch I guess, doesn't do any harm.

Quote from Shotglass : and i rather doubt that tristan drives his f3 to a track because he likes sitting in the pits flicking switches so much

There's nothing like being stuck on your knees in the rain in the pits, with the handle of a jack, smashing the shit out of a starter motor to make it shut up, with the car's electronics flipping on off, infront of everyone. I think they should add that to Nkp, electrics that aren't quite put together at all.
Quote from Shotglass :normally foreplay is supposed to be fun... my friend who has a air traffic license (on hold) certainly didnt put 80k into it because he enjoys doing checkups

Hard life aint it. You spend 80k becoming a pilot only to discover that they don't employ someone to start the plane, check the systems and programme the FMC for you . I don't know why they bother.

A monkey can fly a plane.(well, the plane can fly itself tbh) It's all the other stuff that takes some skill.
Quote from The Moose :Hard life aint it. You spend 80k becoming a pilot only to discover that they don't employ someone to start the plane, check the systems and programme the FMC for you . I don't know why they bother.

A monkey can fly a plane.(well, the plane can fly itself tbh) It's all the other stuff that takes some skill.

Stop it right now! You're pissing into the wind.
Quote from 5haz :I think they should add that to Nkp, electrics that aren't quite put together at all.

well its coded by an italian guy so on that basis it doesnt make any sense that the elctrics work as well
but at least the program itself is not put together all too well

Quote from The Moose :A monkey can fly a plane.(well, the plane can fly itself tbh) It's all the other stuff that takes some skill.

not exactly... all the other stuff is just routine and even more monkeyish
the guy up front is just there to read playboy and take over whenever the computers wont cut it (and when the female copilot decides that dragging the wingtip across the runway is a pretty neat idea)
A race car is easier to start than a road car I reckon. Somehow Kunos managed to make the process so simple that hundreds of people have to ask how it's done. Like that happens in real life.

Maybe The Euro F3 drivers of this day and age often forget how it's done, and nKP simulates this stupidity to give immersion. Me? I think it's a waste of time, especially as the engines are usually fired up a few minutes earlier for the warm up procedure. Even in club racing.
Quote from tristancliffe : Somehow Kunos managed to make the process so simple that hundreds of people have to ask how it's done. Like that happens in real life.

Hundreds? There's only 15 people playing it apparently.

Of course its simple. It's only not simple if you're a bit...simple.

You read how to do it or ask how to do it once and do it. Simple.

It seems that all of three people don't like the feature. Don't want to take the time to flick three switches? Don't play nKPro. It's better off without a bunch of petty moaners.

Quote from Doorman :Stop it right now! You're pissing into the wind.

Aye, it's a very windy forum at times, but sometimes it's worth getting a little urine on your legs just to see what nonsense people will come out with next

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG