The online racing simulator
A little confused
(8 posts, started )
A little confused
Hi guys Ive been looking for a new card i was set of the radeon 4850 ive always been one of them people who bought somethign they didnt really need you know its like a watch it says it will dive down to 200meters but you would never go that deep. So while board waiting for college i went into PC world and look at some cards i like to hold things and look at them before buying. So i looked and saw a Nvidia BFG 9500GT 1gb The original Radeon 4850 was 512mb. The 9500gt was 60 pound but the radeon is pushing 110 120 ish so is it worth double the money for the extra i only play LFS do i really need to spend double the money will i really get double the performance. What diffrence does mb rating make so 256mb 512mb and 1gb.

Help apreciated.

A
What other games apart from LFS are you going to be playing so that I can advise you better.
#3 - G!NhO
i'd say go for the 4850
With a 4850 you'll get more like triple the performance, not double.

Do not compare video cards based on RAM, it's a pointless comparison, like comparing a car to an airplane.

Check out the Rdaeon 4830 or 4670, they're in between the two you're looking at and may better suit your needs.
#5 - amp88
Whichever you go for don't buy it in PC World. Shop around online and do some price comparisons (eBuyer, Dabs, Scan etc).
Quote from amp88 :Whichever you go for don't buy it in PC World. Shop around online and do some price comparisons (eBuyer, Dabs, Scan etc).

I know that i went in there to see if they had a 4850 that i could look at as shopping online looking at a picture isnt the same so while i was in there i was just looking. Killing a bit of time looking at some mice see which felt nice.

A
Get a GTX260, FTW
If your only playin LFS then the 3850 is more than good enough & it should only set you back £50.
If you occasionally enjoy fragging online FPS style then the 9600GT 512mb can be picked up for around £75 which is a good price/performance buy imo.

A little confused
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG