The online racing simulator
G25: Shifting question
(10 posts, started )
Hello !
When driving in Formula cars the shifting does not fucntion properly.
When i give 100% throttle on the pedal the upshift does not respond on the steering wheel itself.
When i release the gas peadl for a fraction of a second i can upshift....
Can anybody help me with this? I want to upshift smootly without haveing to release the gas or pop the clutch.

In the normal cars this problem aint theire.

Greetz,
Supreme-NL
i guess that's called 'flatshifting'. The Formula cars don't like that i suppose then. Btw, it's better for your clutch to release the thottle.
Quote from Supreme-NL :Hello !
When driving in Formula cars the shifting does not fucntion properly.
When i give 100% throttle on the pedal the upshift does not respond on the steering wheel itself.
When i release the gas peadl for a fraction of a second i can upshift....
Can anybody help me with this? I want to upshift smootly without haveing to release the gas or pop the clutch.

In the normal cars this problem aint theire.

Greetz,
Supreme-NL

That's how you have to do it.

Really, some people just aren't cut out for racing games.
So true S14..
But if you really want it like that, i suggest going to earlier LFS versions where you can still enable it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's how you have to do it.

Really, some people just aren't cut out for racing games.

That aint nice to say..................
Racing games are my number one.
But to the people with normale answers, thank ou for replying.
I had to ask because my G25 had some starting problems and because of those problems i figured that this could be one of the remaining problems.
Then if racing games were #1 you'd bloody well know the difference between a sequential box in a racing car and a H-Pattern shifter in a road car. >__>

This is a simulator, and therefore things that may seem normal to you from playing other games (guess?) are not valid here.
So you linked me to another thread (with basically the same question) in which linked me back here.
also I did not know that some racing cars have to release throttle partially before shifting.
have u guys been born with the knowledge for that? guess nawt
Quote from fraghetti :also I did not know that some racing cars have to release throttle partially before shifting.
have u guys been born with the knowledge for that? guess nawt

Thats what i meant, i didn't know it so theirefore my question but mister DRIFT 14 isn't the person that would help other beginners by answering with a normal answer in that question.

ow...and another driver with a normal question:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=48520

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG