The online racing simulator
#1 - Migz
Acer Predator Harddrive In Other Comp?
Bassicly my 70GB 4 Year old computer used to be enough for me, but then it just started getting full. So then my brother let me use his portable hard drive, but thats only got about 50GB left and i feel a bit guilty about the fact its HIS hard drive but most of the data is MINE.

So i thought perhaps i can just put one of the removable hard drives from my dads Acer Predator in my computer. But it has special casing so im not sure if it'll fit.
Here are some pictures, any chance itll fit in my computer?
Attached images
CIMG0002.jpg
CIMG0003.jpg
CIMG0004.jpg
CIMG0005.jpg
#2 - Jakg
It's SATA so it'll work fine. The "extra casing" is for a special cage, it should just screw off so it fits in.
#3 - Migz
Quote from Jakg :It's SATA so it'll work fine. The "extra casing" is for a special cage, it should just screw off so it fits in.

Thank you
Shall unscrew it and try replacing my current one later then
Shall let you all know how i get on.

Edit: If i was to move my old hard drive to my dads computer, then copy eveything from that hard drive to my "new" hard drive. When i put my "new" hard drive into my computer will windows still work fine? Or are their files that are just not found in the explorer?
#4 - filur
Quote from Migz :If i was to move my old hard drive to my dads computer, then copy eveything from that hard drive to my "new" hard drive. When i put my "new" hard drive into my computer will windows still work fine? Or are their files that are just not found in the explorer?

http://www.google.com/search?q=clone+harddrive
#5 - Migz
Uber fail :/ After unscrewing one of the spare cases, and putting my hard drive in it, i put it in my computer and it wouldnt come up in my computer, whenever i removed it while running the computer itd crash. Then i found out my hard drive is a bunch of pins, whereas the hard drives for my dads computer are sort of a slide thing.

To cut a long story short my hard drive is different to my dads hard drives.
i thought the predator was yours
#7 - Migz
Its legally my dads as he payed for it. But it is mine too.
But i dont use it that much so i just call it my dads.

Edit: Whoo hurry for breaking my computer! Now it doesnt work!
Whooot. :/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG