The online racing simulator
getting better
(61 posts, started )
I crashed so many times trying cause its no even funny anymore...
Quote from spenceris :I crashed so many times trying cause its no even funny anymore...

Take a break, have a drink and return when you're calm.

Take care,
PK
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
Is learning racing with a wheel harder than with a mouse?
Cause i cant take it anymore seriously....
Once you get used to it wheel will be easier, but when you first change from one controller to another (not just mouse to wheel) you'll be slower to begin with.
The one your looking at is a test drive hotlap with Bawbags FBM.
My pb is 1.14.21 during a race. When i do hotlaps i just spin out of the race in one corner... if i dont spin out my time is like 1.15 now.
I mentioned in this thread eralier i've done 23.86 1st split and then i F uped on the corner after the straight... i always F up somewhere when im doing good and fast.

Thats what im talking about :
I know i shouldve released the brakes when i started sliding but the hotlap would be messed up still you get the point. And that happens to me all the time.

Do you guys recommend getting the Logitech momo force steering wheel?
24 months of warranity if anything goes wrong. Would you recommend it for like one year use if ill get it?

OK i quit... i just cant take the anger anymore....

EDIT : maybe im not... managed to get 1.14.05. And i think im getting better somehow i dont understand. No more 1.15 laps. Only mid and low 1.14's maybe i have chances after all ^^ im starting to feel braking throttling timing etc.
Thank you my goal is to do 5 laps in low 1.14's like go the same rate without crashing or spining out, maybe later hit 1.13's. I see mousers race in 1.13's and so jealous I like play 6 hours a day to practise.

About your first point in your previous post, im using a automatic tranny cause i loose like two seconds when im in manual one and i have to lift off the throttle and then shift the gear i loose much time cause i dont lift off the throttle enough so the gears wont change when i shift. So i just use a automatic one.

Ill see maybe ill talk to my parents and theyll lend me some cash then i would be able to get the g25, but i like the momo aswell it just turns harder then the g25.

Well going to practise again today ^^

EDIT : i did that pb of 1.14.05 going 24.13 the 1st split, not a minute ago i did the 1st split in 23.92 and i spinned out of the track after the long straight corner it always happens when i go fast through 1st split and i know whats wrong. When i see that my 1st or second splits are good my heart starts beating faster my hands start shaking and i just loose control and spin out of the track. I somehow have to control my emotions about it thats the main problem i think.

Smashed my mouse again two times but its alright i just cant control it.

EDIT : ok i teared another mouse apart now i have to use my old one...

Well i killed two of my mouses and i quit racing with the mouse cause its just ridiculous. Im just going to wait for the MOMO racing wheel next week. Sorry.
But you helped me a lot to improve though guys. bye
Sounds like you got some anger management issues
Don't wreck the MOMO, punch a wall*

*Concrete wall, you'll make a hole otherwise
yeah well i actually catch everything thats by mind hand first and then throw it into the wall usually things are : keyboard, microphone, mouse & sometimes punch the monitor hard ^^.

Ok so im leaving for a bit now... till the next week when ill get my wheel, then ill get back to the forum and to race yet again. Next goal will be to get S2

cya
Quote from oldnavy :well i recomend you read this

..followed by a swift trip to your nearest anger management course.
That article really helped thank you
I'm hapy that my and others work is helpful
After reading that article i've got to 1.13's barely ^^ and i didnt race with the FBM for like a week.
Double post :

Caught another pb of mine 1.13.74 with a mouse. Damn im in a good mood right now ^^
Any ideas what could i improve on T1, cause i loose quite some time there?
wow, a fellow mous'er... ...driving "auto"???
First and formost, I salute you for your effort you put in coming this far.

If by now you cannot improve any further in lap-times running the fbm, here's my top-tip: take another car.

XRG and XFG are open to demo-users, so take either and feel the difference.
Although I now own a G25 since about a year or so I still quite often just use mouse when going for a quick spin in the road-cars myself. If you have set up your controls the right way that is...

...fully-linear steering, gas brake
...no "helping hands" of any sort
then you can go a long way using a mouse except in a F08 or BF1 for that matter, they are just un-raceable using mouse because of their insane power-to-weight figures
...another thing that you should check is the sharpness-settings of the textures in the graphics/display options. I just recently explored that the long-kept defaults can be signifficantly improved allowing for much better visuals of bumps, road-surface and curbs.

If going for a wheel, please consider one of the newer 2nd-generation Logitech Driving Force GT's if your budget isn't on par with a G25. They are marketed for Playstation-3 but work just fine with a PC. Check out a short review at insidesimracing http://insidesimracing.blip.tv ... vingForceGTWheelReview593
Having a higher usable steering lock is of GREAT advantage over a cheap'n'cheefull Momo-Racing (the still available black one). Especially when it comes to any road-car or GTR. I am talking out of experience since I had one of those myself.

Keep in mind though, that -in the old days- the pedals of the cheaper Logitechs tend to wear out after a year's worth of intense use or so. People say that newer revisions should have improved substantially - but tbh: I'd still have an unsound feeling about them.
The G25's weak point on the other hand is the h-shifter. I already hat my entire set replaced because of this little accessory going bust for no comprehensible reason whatsoever (and I do not throw my kit against the wall, never!).

One other thing I might suggest is: get some fresh air before getting frustrated. Plus: Go and dig up some 32 british pounds in order to aquire an S2 license. Sounds as if you might enjoy one.

Cheers
DrBen
Thanks for this kind post DrBen so your point is about the steering wheel is that the momo one is rubbish? im getting one tommorow, maybe you can tell its minuses. And ill still get the g25 like till summer, the momo will just be a temporary thing...

Im more into single seaters than race cars, cause im into go-karting in rl.
Of course watching vids with GTR cars seems like fun, well we will see when ill get S2...

But S2 costs 24 quid, not 32?

P.S. FBM is the vehicle im really in love with, cant wait to try other single seaters, especially MRT.
You're right about the cost *what was I thinking*

However the Momo isn't exactly rubbish. In fact it is very nice for a wheel with only 240° of steering lock. It is a comfortable thing to hold in your hands and the 6 buttons + 2 shift-paddles on the wheel are just about enough for what you'll do with them.
It's just the pedal-unit that came with it that let me down with the wheel itself being not even half way through it's life.
Second minor disadvantage with the black Momo is its motor-resistance. The high gearing inside of the mechanism means additional physical resistance when counter-steering quickly. That said, with enough force applied, it is still way quicker to counter-steer a wheel at 240° lock than it is to do this on a 1080° car in real life. The motor-resistance on the other hand takes away some feel and with that accuracy.

So if you hadn't already ordered the momo I'd have seriously suggested the Driving-Force-GT (Playstation3-wheel).
I think G25 isnt very good for open wheelers
Nope i havent ordered the momo im going to the shop to get it.
But the Driving-Force-GT wheel is a bit too pricey for me though.

Will it be possible to do fast laps with the momo wheel? ill just try that thing out for half a year.
You're planning to burn it after just half a year?
If you don't kick it around you house too often it should last quite a bit longer than that!
I don't know about your local dealers but the recommended sales price of both of these Logitech wheels are identical.
EUR 149,- in GER
However retail-prices here have been jumping around 90-100EUR for the Momo and the predecessor of the GT (the good-old "driving-force-pro").
I can imagine given the recent introduction of the new GT-model that there are some gap between street-prices, now.

That said, if you can get a black momo for under 100EUR (or the relative equivalent price-point where you are living/shopping) then it is a good deal for a fairly good wheel

EDIT: the most signifficant impact a wheel will have on your driving is with the analogue throttle and brake - pedals. Not with the steering since you learned quite a bit about that when perfecting mouse-steer.
The Force-Feedback however will give you an advantage especially on mid- to long-distance races. You will be able to feel when the ride suffers from touches and crashes before you change your direction. You will be able to react quicker, much less depending on visual feedback. For a beginner's wheel I still consider the black momo very capable. Given that you like the single-seaters most of all, it should suffice just fine.
Any more advices what i have to do before i spin out of the track when im doing a 1.13 lap and right before the finish i spin out of the track in the last corner and i just want to smash my head into the freakin monitor. ic ant control it... ok im going to sleep see you tommorow with the momo

g-night

getting better
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG