The online racing simulator
G25 steering wheel: problem with gaspedal.
Hello !

I hooked up my G25 steering wheel in LFS.
I got one major problem, when the car starts it automaticly gives full power while i am not pressing any pedals.
I tryed configuring soms elemenst but this problem keeps on comming back.

Further more: the steering is to responsive/to fast, how can i make it respond a bit slower so it feels more real?
1) http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel

2) If the throttle is always showing full but decreasing when you press it, you have to invert the throttle axis. To do this, go to Options > Controls > Button "Axes / FF", find the "Throttle" button and press the "invert" button next to it. If you look at the animation in the manual (link above) you'll see how a G25 has to be set up in general.

3) If the steering is too sensitive, you probably don't have it calibrated correctly. Go to Options > Controls and make sure that the calibration lock (on the right side of the screen) is turned off (set to "unlock", I think). Then press recalibrate and fully rotate the wheel left & right and fully press each of the pedals so that the full motion range is detected and used.
OR, his gas/brake pedals are configured as combined.

First suggestion, don't use the Logitech's gaming software, just close it if you have it running.

After you have done that, go to Windows control panel --> Game controllers, and hit properties while G25 is selected on the list.

Then go to the settings and unselect the combined.
Set the degrees of rotation to 900, or 720 or whatever you prefer.

Also disable centering spring and check that Spring effect strength and Damper effect strength are set to 0%. Keep the overall Effects strength somewhere around 100%.

Also I'm gonna warn you to set your speakers off before pressing "close" or you may hear a very annoying sound effect.

Now go to LFS and configure your axes in control options, axis menu.
MAny many thanks !
The tip about the configuration screen in windows did the job!
Now i got the wheel working, i got into another problem, the game is slow when i', driving on a track, i got big freezes in the motion.
So now i git the wheel working but my graphics act up. I did not have this problem with the rumble pad 2 before, but now when i use the wheel i do.
In the left corner of my screen when driving, i see FPS? it's between 20 en 50 during driving in this bad situation.
Anybody got an answer on that?
Glad to help.

That problem with stuttering sounds weird and even more weird when I'm saying that the origin of stutter may still be that Rumble Pad 2. I also may be very wrong whit this, but read the following.

My friend used to play games with that controller and when he first time tried LFS he had a bad problem with stuttering. We tried to find a good solution for it, but after all the problem was gone when we disconnected that rumble pad.

Do you have both, G25 and the Wingman rumble pad connected? If so try disconnecting the rumble pad.

I dunno if that Wingman rumble pad uses any drivers, but if it does, try to uninstall them and maybe even G25's drivers too and then reinstall the G25 drivers and see if the problem is gone.
They're both Logitech products so I would imagine them messing each other.

And be sure that any of buttons or axes in LFS aren't assigned to the Wingman.
Thanks again for the reply.
I tryed to explain that it was my grahpics the had the problem, not the sound
After i reconfogured my G25 en unplugged my rumble pad ( just to be sure) i had the videp graphics problem.......................but i got the answer to that !!! ( REBOOT !!!!!) hahaha
A reboot did the trick and i am now a happy driver with a working G25

Thanks again for you're quick help and hope to see you on the track.

Supreme-NL
With stuttering I actually meant an graphics/FPS related problem, when the image/motion keeps "stuttering".

Yes hah, reboot can be very useful sometimes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG