The online racing simulator
Vector 2000hp
(38 posts, started )
Vector 2000hp
You should've posted it in one of those threads.

Nice car though
So it'll do 170mph and have 600hp then, by the time it's finished. And it won't be able to turn at all. Then it'll break down.
Once you get to those sort of power levels, I have to ask; what's the point? It was only a matter of time before somebody turned to boat engines to stick in supercars. At least it looks nicer than the Veyron (IMO).
Never heard of "Vector" until I played GT2 (I think it was GT2..). Alot of their shapes were based on Lambos of days gone by.
WAY too many 'American made' references for my liking.
Not even leaf springs? 535532563HP and an other car wit a lot less HP would beat it.
#8 - JJ72
Quote from Bob Smith :Once you get to those sort of power levels, I have to ask; what's the point? It was only a matter of time before somebody turned to boat engines to stick in supercars. At least it looks nicer than the Veyron (IMO).

boat engines are weak, a Merlin on the other hand......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxFE37Sxw
I'm sure there was a thing a while ago where someone had a pickup truck with TWO Merlins in it.

Two *27-litre* supercharged V12s...
Quote from JJ72 :boat engines are weak, a Merlin on the other hand......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxFE37Sxw

Old school Top Gear is not as good as the newer style.

Besides, the guy who's talking is like.. the voiceover for some of those "How it's made" program. Accent for the lose.
I prefer the 'Red Victor 2' though. A old Vauxhall Victor with 2,200bhp that can reach a speed of 183mph in 7.8 seconds and it does 0-60 in one second.
It is said to be the worlds fastest street legal car. He has estimated to have spent £100,000 to get it to its current spec.
Quote from tristancliffe :So it'll do 170mph and have 600hp then, by the time it's finished. And it won't be able to turn at all. Then it'll break down.

No worries. It looks like a Lambo so I'm sure it will catch fire and burn to the ground long before it ever reaches a corner.
i think the biggest problem with that kind of power is transferring it to the street.

probably comes stock with slicks
well that kinda a waste of power. Notice how the small block engines reach 60mph first, and is only 0.2 slower on thee 1/4 dragstrip. For the big block, you're gonna need new sets of tyres each time you take off. Actually, make that for both engines.
Quote from S k i p p y :No worries. It looks like a Lambo so I'm sure it will catch fire and burn to the ground long before it ever reaches a corner.

That makes no sense .
Quote from Bose321 :That makes no sense .

He is judging cars actions by the way they look. Never mind him.
Quote from Bose321 :That makes no sense .

There have been several occurrences of sudden fires in Lamborghini Murcialagos.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :He is judging cars actions by the way they look. Never mind him.

Yeah sorry. I forgot I have the wrong type of flag next to my name, I'm not allowed to judge anything.
finally an american who's talking sense ^^
Quote from S k i p p y :Yeah sorry. I forgot I have the wrong type of flag next to my name, I'm not allowed to judge anything.

Yeah you forgot that anything an American says on this forum is discredited because of their nationality...

Ohh I forgot to mention that ALL American cars use live axles and leaf springs, yes even the front wheel drives... yeah... The ONLY car in the US market that is still live axle is the Mustang, and that is for nostalgia proposes and to keep costs down. Live axles have not been used in a production car with any type of performance in the states for ages… but hold onto your perceptions, they are extremely accurate and provide useful insight to the US auto market...
#22 - 5haz
Seems like America has caught the British 'small sports car company' syndrome, where they build one concept of a stupidly over the top car, and then go bust within a year because nobody is interested.

I heard somewhere once that the bloke who owns (ed) Vector was an English expat, that'll probrably explain why they have caught the syndrome.

Quote from S k i p p y :Yeah sorry. I forgot I have the wrong type of flag next to my name, I'm not allowed to judge anything.

You make that sound like it's a bad thing.
Why would vector waste so much money building this? No one would buy it because it's not so easy on the eye unlike the WX3 ( sexiest car in Gran Turismo 2 in sky blue ). I think some LFS teams have better sites than vector's.

5haz has a post count of 666
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Why would vector waste so much money building this? No one would buy it because it's not so easy on the eye unlike the WX3 ( sexiest car in Gran Turismo 2 in sky blue ). I think some LFS teams have better sites than vector's.

5haz has a post count of 666

its 667 now, and you missed out on a 13:37 post time by 1 min! :O
Classy website.....

Vector 2000hp
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG