The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :There really is no justice in football

Chelsea in the first 88 mins was the most negative performance in a European final since Steaua Bucharest in 85. Absolutely pathetic.

Still, Bayern should have taken their chances.

No there really isn't justice... But that goddamn Robben and his penalty in the ET -.- I knew his not going to score, anybody else would have
But really nice game even though the final score is unjustified... next year again Bayern!!
Quote from The Moose :
Chelsea in the first 88 mins was the most negative performance in a European final since Steaua Bucharest in 85. Absolutely pathetic.

+1.
Quote from The Moose :There really is no justice in football

Still, Bayern should have taken their chances.

Yeah, they probably slot in at 5 behind Red Star Belgrade from 89, Steau 85 Real Madrid 98 (or 2000 :razz and Liverpool of 2005 as least quality winners in European Cup Final history. I guess if they had won it in their younger days that wouldn't be the case, but this team is well past their best...
Am I right in saying that Petr Cech should get full credit for saving Chelsea's bacon in that final?
Quote from CSF : and Liverpool of 2005

Liverpool 2005 might well have been low on quality, but at least they actually attacked! (Milans second and third goals were on the counter) It was a shocking first half, but at least Liverpool went forward.

Liverpool didn't park the bus until it was 3-3

Chelsea last night did absolutely nothing until Bayern scored. Not at any point up till then did they look like they wanted anything but a penalty shootout.

It wasn't the strongest Chelsea lineup, but it was still one of the most expensively assembled teams in the world!

Quote from Senninha25 :Am I right in saying that Petr Cech should get full credit for saving Chelsea's bacon in that final?

You are! Top player and top man Cech... I have a lot of respect for him.
Haters gonna hate. Well done, Chelsea!
Quote from The Moose :Liverpool 2005 might well have been low on quality, but at least they actually attacked! (Milans second and third goals were on the counter) It was a shocking first half, but at least Liverpool went forward.

Liverpool didn't park the bus until it was 3-3

Chelsea last night did absolutely nothing until Bayern scored. Not at any point up till then did they look like they wanted anything but a penalty shootout.

It wasn't the strongest Chelsea lineup, but it was still one of the most expensively assembled teams in the world!

That Liverpool team got to the final on defensive performances. They parked the bus home and away v Juventus and Chelsea, but were picked apart by Milan. It was a fluke 10 minutes that won them anything, and some terrible goal keeping.
Quote from CSF :That Liverpool team got to the final on defensive performances. They parked the bus home and away v Juventus

They parked the bus after going 2-0 up at home against Juventus! You can't honestly compare that to a team that doesn't even attempt to attack for 80 odd mins.

Defending a lead is one thing.. Playing for a 0-0 in a final is completely different
They counter attacked, went 2-0 up, and sat back for 150 or so minutes in the rest of the tie, and got very lucky for the rest of the tie. It was pretty much what Chelsea did v Barca in the semi.

I don't think Chelsea didn't want to attack, they simply have an old team that can no longer do much more than counter attack, but without Ramires giving the energy he did against Barcelona it was never going to work as well.
Chelsea were defensive, but they had to be, and it worked. Bayern piled on a lot of pressure and when Chelsea did try to break out Bayern contained them very well. They knew how important the first goal would be but I don't think think they expected to get so few chances themselves (it was their first corner kick of the match).
I wouldn't say they were playing for penalties, but it was a defensive tactic.

Barca vs Real would certainly have been a better game of football, but in terms of drama this was great.
Yeah, it was like the 2010 final, Bayern with all the ball and shooting from long range, but only looking like scoring a couple of times. Inter went with a few long balls over the top and there was Millito who put them to the sword.
Quote from CSF :Yeah, it was like the 2010 final, Bayern with all the ball and shooting from long range, but only looking like scoring a couple of times. Inter went with a few long balls over the top and there was Millito who put them to the sword.

Agreed. That was also the reason why they had so many problems in the Bundesliga. Once the system they play is understood you can defend them pretty easily if you have good defensive players. Or you can compleltely out play their system as Borussia Dormund and Borussia Mönchengladbach showed in Bundesliga. Yet the media presents them as the best Bayern squad since the 1970s. Although I end up being called a "bad German" for saying that, I'm quiet happy they lost. Especially since they acted all season as if they were the only proffessional team among amateures.
Germans lose on penalties? Bizarre.

Also congrats to York City who won the FA Trophy last weekend and won their promotion play-off final today to put them back in the football league after 8 years in the conference.
Lets face it, if you can't beat a weakened Chelsea squad, in your home stadium, then you don't deserve to be Champions of Europe. I'm just happy to see a new name on the trophy, and it was quite fun to watch Germans going through the pain of losing on penalties.
Quote from TFalke55 :A message by Audi.

To bad we don't know what car it was because in the place of the Chelsea logo there would have been the starting number.

It was on all cars, I suppose. Audi was signed as a sponsor of Chelsea through 2013 the day before the final.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :It was on all cars, I suppose. Audi was signed as a sponsor of Chelsea through 2013 the day before the final.

It was only on that car though. The Phoenix Audi still carried the regular onboard overlay for example. Moreover is Audi also a main sponsor of FC Bayern for many many Years, being jearsy sponsor for the basketball team and being name sponsor to their indoor stadium. I love the irony that included. To bad it is destroyed by the Audi-Chelea deal
What the heck are we doing having Poland and Ukraine host Euro2012?
(Yes I just watched the panorama documentary on the BBC).

I knew about these "Ultras" but I didn't realise the racism and anti semitism was so widespread or so blatant!

Somehow English "hooligans" are still the stereotype of choice in things like American television. Ours look like "peace and love" hippies in comparison.

It's really quite disgusting. Ukrainians and Poles should be ashamed of their supporters and their in-denial police forces if the picture this documentary paints is even remotely accurate.

I will be incredibly surprised if one or more of these thugs doesn't try to glorify himself amongst his brain dead hate filled xenophobic racist peers by targeting some visiting fans. But what we see in the stadiums will probably be more indicative of the way the fans actually think, and will likely be even more disturbing when we see it's not just young misguided men but women and children making gestures and chanting hate.
Didn't see anything, but i'm sure it was just exaggregated and very biased thing.

Not that polish fans are saint, like their great pope, but as always, there are two sides to a coin. Only this coin has the darker side a bit bigger. Nothing beats angry bunch of, turks or serbians. That's where the proper hell lies imo.
If they managed to get stadiums ready, the organisation will hopefully keep it safe, hooligans will most likely won't get in anyway, because half of the tickets goes to sponsors. Nobody wants international shame live in TV. Only thing that could bother them is the possible debt.
-
(Kalev EST) DELETED by Kalev EST
Quote from sinbad :What the heck are we doing having Poland and Ukraine host Euro2012?

I knew about these "Ultras" but I didn't realise the racism and anti semitism was so widespread or so blatant!

It's eastern europe, why do you think there are basically nil percent of Muslims or Black people?
Quote from Kid222 :Didn't see anything, but i'm sure it was just exaggregated and very biased thing.

Not that polish fans are saint, like their great pope, but as always, there are two sides to a coin. Only this coin has the darker side a bit bigger. Nothing beats angry bunch of, turks or serbians. That's where the proper hell lies imo.
If they managed to get stadiums ready, the organisation will hopefully keep it safe, hooligans will most likely won't get in anyway, because half of the tickets goes to sponsors. Nobody wants international shame live in TV. Only thing that could bother them is the possible debt.

I don't think you can exaggerate Heil Hitler salutes by an entire stand of supporters and a chief of police saying they are just pointing at the opponent fans.
Or home fans sat in a family section being beaten by fellow home supporters because they're Indians. Or the multitude of white power and anti semitic symbols and slogans on t shirts and banners, on walls at city railway stations. Or the unpunished racist chants and gestures towards coloured players. Either these things happen, or they do not, and clearly they do.

Even if these were the only instances, and were dealt with immediately, which I doubt, it's more than enough to stop foreign fans from wanting to travel there. Rather than exaggerating or being bias, I think it's more likely that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

But we shall see.
Quote from sinbad :What the heck are we doing having Poland and Ukraine host Euro2012?

Somehow English "hooligans" are still the stereotype of choice in things like American television. Ours look like "peace and love" hippies in comparison.

It's really quite disgusting. Ukrainians and Poles should be ashamed of their supporters and their in-denial police forces if the picture this documentary paints is even remotely accurate.

I will be incredibly surprised if one or more of these thugs doesn't try to glorify himself amongst his brain dead hate filled xenophobic racist peers by targeting some visiting fans. But what we see in the stadiums will probably be more indicative of the way the fans actually think, and will likely be even more disturbing when we see it's not just young misguided men but women and children making gestures and chanting hate.

This part: Somehow English "hooligans" are still the stereotype of choice in things like American television.
The ONLY reason that is the case is because what ever those people are doing down on the field is boring. The only Americans that have anything to do with soccer are illegal aliens and suburban white kids in a goofy everyone gets a trophy cause they're too wimpy for real football league. But don't worry. if the Poles and Ukranians show up dressed like neo nazis you can bet CNN'll plaster it all over the news and then we'll think that all European soccer are racist defects instead of British hooligans.

not really. it seems you're the one stuck with stereotyping as well. See Soccer has FINALLY gotten hold here in the US of A. We're probably not on par with the rest of the world, but we're getting there. At least the violence from the fans part.

I see that you take everything that have been shown as common behavior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcfjtWD8vw&feature=fvst
This is a common behavior in UK?

I haven't prepared any specially selected cuts. These is what i have found just by typing 'England Riot 2011'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 3SBA0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7bzMSTpUDw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... eature=endscreen&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... xz8SU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... UWJzS0&feature=relmfu
Looks like UK is not a safe place. I see that I can be beaten and robbed on every street.
I hope that people will not go back in a coffin after the Olympics in London.

Edit:

:something
In England racist and anti semitic gestures and logos, chants and attacks are not common in football stadiums. It is not tolerated.

The riots are a different thing completely. Everywhere has "bad people", the issue here is how these people are dealt with by a sport whose national governing body in both cases here clearly does not want to stop these people from doing these things, or is incapable of it. Why should nations that have these people frequently attending and demonstrating their ethics at football matches with little or no fear of reprimand, clearly, be hosting international football tournaments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93iQgI3_Iw

If it's such a minority of fans, why on earth can't they stop it?
Lets just see how the actual event turns out, hopefully they will come down hard on anyone being racist in the crowd, because if the police don't crack down on the home fans then I expect visiting nation fans will crack a few skulls attempting to beat some sense into these mindless ****tards.
Quote from sinbad :I don't think you can exaggerate Heil Hitler salutes by an entire stand of supporters and a chief of police saying they are just pointing at the opponent fans.
Or home fans sat in a family section being beaten by fellow home supporters because they're Indians. Or the multitude of white power and anti semitic symbols and slogans on t shirts and banners, on walls at city railway stations. Or the unpunished racist chants and gestures towards coloured players. Either these things happen, or they do not, and clearly they do.

Even if these were the only instances, and were dealt with immediately, which I doubt, it's more than enough to stop foreign fans from wanting to travel there. Rather than exaggerating or being bias, I think it's more likely that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

But we shall see.

I wouldn't go blind and yell that they don't exist. They are there, they are a problem. But the problem is also how they are presented to public.
I'm not trying to defend them, but i'd like to see the BBC video. I'm thinking that it presented every polish fan as a rioter. It's like thinking that every living being in Afghanistan is a terrorist, or every American is fat.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG