The online racing simulator
LFS crash when load OC2 bios on mine graphic card
So......I got one problem.I have Sparkle Calibre p860 Turbo (nvidia8600GT ddr3 256MB),and have hardware overclock(there is a switch on the back side of the card,OC1 and OC2),it is external BIOS switch.

OC1 GPU: 540 MHz, Shader: 1296 MHz, Memory: 720 MHz

OC2 GPU: 600 MHz, Shader: 1566 MHz, Memory: 750 MHz

In OC1 everything is ok.OC2.........LFS crash and locks my computer,need to restart it......I dont get it.....Every other game works fine only LFS crash....
Temperatures are the same in both cases(OC1 and OC2).Drivers are up to date...

Rest of mine hardware:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
MSI K9A2 CF
Chieftec GPS-450AA-101A-B 450W
well... my suggestion would be to just leave it at OC1, becuase LFS isn't really graphically stressing enough to require some increased performance.
That's the solution,but......I would like to know why is it happening?
#4 - J.B.
Locked up computer is always hardware or driver error. Try some newer GPU drivers or return the card.
Every other game works fine only LFS crash in OC2.....Maybe never drivers,but it's ok in OC1,got plenty of FPS
In 3dmark and any other game,everything is fine,just in LFS is some kind of glitch......I will test with never drivers,and post here a screenshots if happens again
Hmmm interesting.

I get lock ups on occasion too. It also only seems to happen when playing LFS. I also have an Nvidia 8600GT card.

What OS are you running? wouldn't be Vista would it?

I've no idea if it's just a conicidence, and I've no idea why it happens. I've looked through all of the event logs and all I can ever find is a generic "window recovered from an unexpected shutdown" which doesn't lead to any info on the MS support site either.
XP sp2 is OS.But,damn,every other game runs good in OC2 mode,only LFS had some weird bugs,like in mine mirrors are some crazy things,like michellin advert and other stuff on the track,textures are mixed up,and can't get a screenshot,because sistem hangs out,sometimes it recover,sometimes not,must do harware reset and switch to OC1 bios.
Drivers are latest from nvidia

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG