The online racing simulator
MoE and altering Live for Speed's functionality
Masters of Endurance utilizes Live for Speed to host and execute its schedule. As such, all competitors make use of Live for Speed and the functionality it offers. This functionality is equal for all competitors. In addition, Masters of Endurance heavily relies on the sportsmanship of its competitors. The use of an exploit or cheat (in this case to gain an unfair advantage over the fellow competitors), or the use of an external program which has an direct influence to the functionality of Live for Speed, is therefore a direct affront to the core principles of the Masters of Endurance and an insult to all of the Masters of Endurance competitors: it is a breach of the spirit of the league.

Any actions taken against the core principles of the league will be dealt with in harsh terms.

After carefully considering the facts related to Sasa Pasic (Scipy)'s exploit/cheat we, the MoE admins, have come to the following conclusion. Based on the evidence provided, the following actions will be taken:
  1. Sasa will be banned from participating for the remainder of MoE season 2008/2009. After this season his status will be carefully evaluated for future participation.
  2. All of Sasa's driven laps in race 1, The 12 Hours of Kyoto Grand Prix Long, will be removed from Mercury Racing Team GT1's total lap count. They will be scored accordingly and their season points will be adjusted to reflect their new position.
  3. As regards the South City race, no evidence has been found to indicate that Sasa used his exploit in that case.
We would like to thank those involved in discovering this exploit for bringing it to our attention. We would also like to thank Mercury Racing Team for taking action after being informed. The correct results and standings will be updated shortly on lfsforums, and already have been updated on the website.

Any information posted regarding the nature of this exploit/cheat will be removed.

Finally, we would like to caution against abusing Sasa for his error in judgment. While we find his behavior reprehensible, in the end he confessed to using the exploit, and this honesty has resulted in a seasonal rather than a lifetime ban.
Just a small mistake I found in the standings. From 4th place it goes to 6th place, so there´s no 5th place, wich makes 18 places in the standings, when there are only 17 competitors in GT1.
Quote from chunkyracer :Just a small mistake I found in the standings. From 4th place it goes to 6th place, so there´s no 5th place, wich makes 18 places in the standings, when there are only 17 competitors in GT1.

Nice catch. We'll fix that quickly.
Thanks for the work.
Thank you, good work. I feel the decisions you came up with were the right ones
Agreed with above, thanks for the investigation and great work on finding a penalty that hits the person in question, rather than the team he disadvantaged (or at least as little as possible in this situation).
#8 - CSF
Glad im not in GT1 to see how Merc responds. Interesting season coming up now.
Quote from traxxion :Agreed with above, thanks for the investigation and great work on finding a penalty that hits the person in question, rather than the team he disadvantaged (or at least as little as possible in this situation).

As little as possible? We were fricking leading before I gave him the car.

But yea I guess it was the only fair thing to do, just means were gunna have to trick everybody onto the fail boat and win every race from now on....
Thanks to the admins for their work in this case...im just glad its behind us now and were more than ready to look ahead
Quote from Bawbag : just means were gunna have to trick everybody onto the fail boat and win every race from now on....

You say that like its a problem of some sort?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG