The online racing simulator
Hosting problems
(3 posts, started )
Hosting problems
Hi guys,

Ive spent a few days now with another user who host tryin to nut out why i cannt host successfully.

Basically we cannot come up with any reason why, everything seems to be correct, using the most recent version 0.5z, ports and ip is all correct. reall completely and utterly stumped.

This is my setup file with the password xxxx for obvious reasons.

// Example host configuration file
// How to use: LFS /cfg=setup.cfg
// Lines starting with // are ignored

// host name
/host=^0(^3AW^0)^1AsphaltWarriors2

// optional: password
//pass=

// optional: admin password
/admin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

// optional: InSim port
/insim=29999

// optional: local specified ip address
/ip=192.168.1.50

// a high number below 65536
/port=63392

// demo/s1/s2
/mode=demo

// no/yes/hidden
/usemaster=yes

// BL1/BL1R/BL2, SO1/SO1R/SO2, etc
/track=BL1

// weather
/weather=1

// cars allowed - see README.txt
/cars=FBM

// max guests that can join host
/maxguests=15

// slots reserved for admins (0 to 8)
/adminslots=7

// max cars in a race
/carsmax=10

// max cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carshost=2

// max cars (real+ai) per guest pc
/carsguest=1

// smoothness (3-6) number of car updates per second
/pps=6

// qualifying minutes, 0 for no qualifying
/qual=0

// number of laps, 0 for practice
/laps=5

// if laps not specified: hours
//hours=24

// 0=no/1=low/2=high
/wind=0

// nogfx/invisible
/dedicated=nogfx

// no/yes: can guests vote to kick or ban
/vote=no

// no/yes: can guests select track
/select=no

// no/kick/ban/spec: wrong way drivers
/autokick=spec

// no restart within X seconds of race start
/rstmin=60

// no restart within X seconds of race finish
/rstend=30

// no/yes: allow join during race
/midrace=yes

// no/yes: pit stop required
/mustpit=no

// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=no

// no/yes: force cockpit view
/fcv=no

// no/yes: allow wrong way driving
/cruise=no

// fixed/finish/reverse/random: race start order
/start=finish

// optional: welcome message up to 200 chars
//welcome=welcome.txt

// optional: text file listing allowed tracks
//tracks=tracks.txt

// optional: message log file
//log=deb.log

// no/yes: network debug
/ndebug=no

// MPR autosave (0=off / 1=manual / 2=auto)
/autosave=0

// MPR folder
/mprdir=mpr

// LYT folder
/lytdir=layout

The only way to gain a connection is using it via local access, the correct ports have been forwarded and there are no firewalls/security restrictions in place. Im really clueless, even more bafflin is it was workin fine just last week. Any help is really appreciated. Cheers.
Quote from Smokey_4643 :Im really clueless, even more bafflin is it was workin fine just last week.

Something has changed. Most likely the "server pc" is still using a dynamically assigned IP address and this has changed, and you're now port forwarding to the wrong local IP. Double check the actual rules with the actual IP assigned to the "server pc".
Quote from the_angry_angel :Something has changed. Most likely the "server pc" is still using a dynamically assigned IP address and this has changed, and you're now port forwarding to the wrong local IP. Double check the actual rules with the actual IP assigned to the "server pc".

Hello. Thanks for responding to this. I am the host of (AW)AsphaltWarriors' main server. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I am also a Network/PC technician of 12 years who solves complex networking issues every day of my life and yet this one has me stumped. I spent 2 hours or so with him last night trying to resolve this issue. So as you can imagine, having a static address was one of the first things that I had him check, and it IS static as shown in the Config. Also, I had him check all port forwardings/security settings on the router, as well as any/all security and/or firewall scenarios on the PC. Now, to get more detailed about the issue. The server was working perfectly last week. No problems at all. Now, the problem is that noone can see the server in the online server list, and neither can he. HOWEVER, he CAN connect to it via clicking on "Local Network" in LFS. Furthermore, when I try to "Join Specific" from my house to his server, I dont get the typical "Host not found on Master Server" message that you would get if DEDI was simply not working at all. What I get is the obvious signs that LFS sees the server, and is trying to connect to it, then up comes something like "ClientConnect: Connect Failed".

At some point, just to eliminate the minute possibility of a router issue, I had him DMZ the host PC. So the issue is NOT on the router at all. In pure desperation and as a last resort, I had him power cycle everything. We even deleted his entire DEDI folder and started over 100%. No luck.

Now, there is 1 thing and 1 thing only that has changed about the server since last week, when it was working. And it is that he added a case fan. Thats it. How that could possible affect DEDI is way the hell beyond me. However, just to be sure I made sure that he hadnt also installed any 3rd party Fan Speed/temp monitoring software as well, and he hadnt. No other software/hardware has been added either. Just a fan.

So, anyways, I just thought I would add some clarity to this issue so that you guys could have more specific info to go on. Thanks much for any/all help.

Hosting problems
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG