The online racing simulator
Westhill reverse finish line
(10 posts, started )
i know there are several "wrong" finish lines on the S2 tracks, but this one is strange.
Sorry, if it was posted before.

As you can see, my team mate Danny Engels finished before C. Halverkamp. He was in front of him all the time until they were clocked with the same time (as you can see in the screen).

You can download the replay here:
http://www.esl-europe.net/de/l ... /season5/download/841120/

It would be interesting what's the reason for this bug, because it was a league race and maybe the result has to be corrected.
Attached images
bug2.jpg
Is that not just because the gap was less than 0.01 so it decided they crossed the line at the same time? You can usually tell from the replay which car is infront but lfs seems to be 50/50.
Looks like they tied, and LFS chose the driver with the best lap time to decide the winner between the two.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from joshdifabio :Is that not just because the gap was less than 0.01 so it decided they crossed the line at the same time? You can usually tell from the replay which car is infront but lfs seems to be 50/50.

i think half the length of the car should be more than 9/1000.
But maybe that's the case.

But then it would be interesting who is put in front when 2 drivers have the same time. Randomly? Alphabetically?

or maybe the finish line is just like that:
Attached images
line.JPG
#5 - ORION
Quote from inCogNito :i think half the length of the car should be more than 9/1000.
But maybe that's the case.

But then it would be interesting who is put in front when 2 drivers have the same time. Randomly? Alphabetically?

Well, at 200 kmh you already move 55cm in 1/100 of a second.

Additionally, you always need to consider the ping. Im not sure how Scawens code works here, but normally the driver who was first before should also be first when they cross the line at the same time. The 2nd driver can only be 1st if he finishes earlier, thus 0.01s ahead.

So I guess the actually slower driver has sent his "i have finished" packet earlier than the other one. This would mean that not the driver who in front before makes the difference, but the time when the server gets the packet for the mpr file.
#6 - Gunn
I'm in the same camp as Orion on this one. Maybe it would be interesting to see someone else's replay of the same finish?
it's the same in all replays
#8 - maczo
Quote :So I guess the actually slower driver has sent his "i have finished" packet earlier than the other one.

isn't it common for the server to send (and i assume also receive) 3 to 5 packets per second? the inaccuracy then would be huge when talking of close racing. isn't the time "held" on each drivers computer and then a packet is sent with "i finished in 11:02.10" ?
#9 - ORION
yep, but their times were identical, thus it makes sense that the packet that arrives first will place it's "owner" onto the first place of the 2 with the same time.
ah,ok. looks like i misunderstood what the problem was. sry

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG