The online racing simulator
#1 - VoiD
"* A record was set but...
...has subsequently been deleted. This record is available again for you to win."

Combo is XFR/AS6...

Any reason for deleting the old record..? Because I´can´t see any special or abnormal driving in the old replay.

And why is the old/deleted record still showing under myCTRA..?
#2 - SamH
IIRC, the XFR/AS6 records were deleted because they became unachievable/unbeatable.

XFR/AS6 records should all be run using a CTRA layout but the layout was missing for a short while following an LFS server update and the code defaulted to the incorrect XFRAS6Standard. XFRAS6CTRA is the correct code for PBs and records on AS6 in the XFR. Records and PBs with anything but that code can't be matched or beaten.

It sounds like there's a problem with my admin record deletion script if it's left a trail in MyCTRA, though, so I'll look into that.
#3 - VoiD
I´m realy confused now..!

Did a race on Race3 on AS6 with XFR (sucky 2:57,980) a few minutes ago. I´m pretty sure it was the first race after deleting the old record and I´ve raced my a** of.... but:

Klouczech´ CTRA-wr is still showing under $track/myCTRA...!?

Not that I´m wr-hungry but this/your.cfg needs further investigation..

EDIT:
"toper" managed a 2:56,760 the next race and it still shows the old record...
#4 - SamH
Hmm.. I'm seeing Klouczech at:
[B]Aston Grand Touring[/B] (CTRA) [B]XFR [/B]2m55s250 [URL="http://www.raceauthority.com/replayarchive/Race3_AS6_24_Sep_2008_1925.mpr"][COLOR=#0066cc]R[/COLOR][/URL]

but I can see your PB of
[B]Aston Grand Touring[/B] (CTRA) [B]XFR [/B][B]2:39.48 [/B]18:52:02, 31 Oct 2008

set long after Klouczech's record..

so there's definitely an issue that needs resolving. I'll get on it.
#5 - J@tko
2.39? In an XFR???

Eh?

I can get a 2.58 - but certainly not a 2.39, and I'm not slow
#6 - SamH
Umm.. Klouczech's 2:55 beats toper's 2:56?
#7 - VoiD
Quote from J@tko :2.39? In an XFR???

Eh?

I can get a 2.58 - but certainly not a 2.39, and I'm not slow

Big HMMMM:

That´s completly totaly 100% wrong. But it´s shows under myCTRA..?!

According to LFSworld my pb at this day (10/31/08 18:20) is 2:55.480

SamH: feel free to erase it!
#8 - SamH
I looked at the replay and you were driving an XRR, not an XFR, in that race. Hmm. I'm going to assume, for now, that it's a rare glitch. There's no easy way to figure out how it happened tbh.

I've added the option to delete individual CTRA PBs in MyCTRA so you can scrub that one yourself

Oh wait.. I didn't watch right to the end. Did you swap to an XFR before the race finished and you got placed in the results? I'm hungry and off to get dinner.. the replay is here: http://www.raceauthority.com/r ... _AS6_31_Oct_2008_1855.mpr
#9 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :...I've added the option to delete individual CTRA PBs in MyCTRA so you can scrub that one yourself ...

Done!

Thx alot.

And SamH: Don´t mess arround with all that X´s...
#10 - VoiD
Did a 2:55.820, the old/deleted/Klouczech record is still showing under $track/myCTRA...
#11 - SamH
Quote from VoiD :Did a 2:55.820, the old/deleted/Klouczech record is still showing under $track/myCTRA...

Yeah, because that's slower than Klouczech's 2:55.25. You can't steal the record unless you beat his time

Umm.. Klouczech's record isn't deleted because it was set on the correct layout (CTRA).

[Edit] Yes, this is the confusion. Only the records set on AS6 using the standard/no layout have been deleted. They're treated entirely differently from the records set on AS6 using the CTRA layout. Klouczech still holds that record, at 2:55.25
#12 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Yeah, because that's slower than Klouczech's 2:55.25. You can't steal the record unless you beat his time

Uhm...slow down for me plz:

First of all I´m not talking about stealing/whatever someones record(s)! That wasn´t my intention and you know that...

You/myCTRA stated his (Klouczech´) record was "available to win again" (aka obsolete) because of some layout/new code used on this track... Than you write something about it isn´t...

Add some wine :spin: and you realy WILL be confused...
#13 - SamH
LOL! Hmm.. then I was confused before Where did I say that? Did the webpage say it or was it me?

[PS] "Steal" doesn't always have a negative tone. You can steal a record simply by beating it and it's no bad thing. You can also steal a look at a good looking girl, and nobody would blame you.. or steal away, as in slip away quietly. I didn't mean you were attempting an illegal move
#14 - VoiD
"A record was set but...
...has subsequently been deleted. This record is available again for you to win." (according to myCTRA yesterday)

That´s what myCTRA "said" about that particular combo (and that´s the reason why I started this thread anyway)...

I´m too "doOfed"/drunk/confused now for any further conversation..

Let it be....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG