The online racing simulator
How the HELL is this news?
(56 posts, started )
Because it happened, the people involved are in the entertainment industry and it's an ongoing investigation by the BBC.

How is it not news?
Anything can be described as news these days

for the record, I would love the bbc to get rid of these over paid tosspots. Ross is marginally ok (as long as it's radio) but Brand is just awfull regardless
But why is it headline news? A side news story yes, but how can it be aboev the current crisis in the economy.

That's really dumbing down !
Jonafan Woff if not worf fe newfs fpafe tbh, props for not going for a £M court case.

edit: how many weeks or months does the econonic crisis get to be headline news before it gets old? Personally I got bored of it on day 2. Sure it's a big issue and all, but since it's going to be spanning a long time-frame, it doesn't need to be headlines every single day for the next 6 months.
Quote from Intrepid :But why is it headline news? A side news story yes, but how can it be aboev the current crisis in the economy.

You linked to the Entertainment section. You should think yourself lucky it's not about Paris Hilton's latest haircut or Britney Spear's newest nailbreak
Why is it news?, because the media like nothing less that trying to bring down high profile people, simple as.
#8 - Bean0
Quote from Dajmin :You linked to the Entertainment section. You should think yourself lucky it's not about Paris Hilton's latest haircut or Britney Spear's newest nailbreak

He linked the actual story rather than the BBC News frontpage (http://news.bbc.co.uk/), the story is the main headline at the time of posting.
#9 - 5haz
Hah, I heard the podcast and the whole time I was wondering 'how the hell did they get away with this'?

Turns out they didn't.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Ross is marginally ok (as long as it's radio) but Brand is just awfull regardless

I guess thats why a lot of people (especially the media), like them so much.
Quote :why is it headline news? A side news story yes, but how can it be aboev the current crisis in the economy.

We already know the economy is screwed, and we've been told to blame the bankers (and not the people they lent money too with open arms for holidays and big houses and BMW's they couldnt afford).
I like how blown out of proportion this whole thing has become. Yes it was bad what they did, but the fact that 18000 people put down their copies of the Daily Mail and complained is just ludicrous. And then even the PM who should be focusing on the state this country is in comments on it. What business is it of his!
Quote from Becky Rose :We already know the economy is screwed, and we've been told to blame the bankers (and not the people they lent money too with open arms for holidays and big houses and BMW's they couldn't afford).

too true. it's quite funny how the MPs have jumped on the band wagon trying to grab brownie points in their constituencies. Who gives a f%^k what Brown thinks about this!

I don't like the fact we HAVE to pay the licence fee in the first place. What they do with it afterwards is almost irrelevant.

And I find this way more offensive than some prank phonecalls on a pre-recorded radio 2 show - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEV0FvKk0M
if people are going to complain about prank calls lets start a petition to get fonejacker taken off the air
"Due to the unique way the BBC is funded", they have rules they must follow that are set out by The Govt. This would be why Brown has stuck his oar in.

It is our very own 'State Television' after all.
#15 - 5haz
Im sure there will be no shortage of privately run TV companies waiting to take on those two anyway.
It's utterly ridiculous how far this has gone. Make them apologise, sack them whatever, I don't care but why has the Prime bloody Minister been called into it?
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't it the producer's job to decide what is and isn't suitable for broadcast? So obviously some suit decided it was fine, therefor that's where the actual blame should lie. It was a tasteless thing to do and I don't think it's funny at all, but that's what a producer is there for. If the production team has been letting them just run riot with whatever they like, it's hardly surprising it got out of hand.

Anyone can approach a radio station with an idea, but it's up to the producers what is and isn't put on a show.

I also understand that Ross has already been to the house with flowers and a personal apology, which is at least something.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's utterly ridiculous how far this has gone. Make them apologise, sack them whatever, I don't care but why has the Prime bloody Minister been called into it?

Agreed, +11111

Also agree with Dajmin, the producer OK'd it so it should be his fault.
Quote from mookie427 :I like how blown out of proportion this whole thing has become. Yes it was bad what they did, but the fact that 18000 people put down their copies of the Daily Mail and complained is just ludicrous. And then even the PM who should be focusing on the state this country is in comments on it. What business is it of his!

The funny thing is, i bet out of those 18000 people, maybe around 5 were listening.

If you listen to the Russel Brand show (as I do) you know what you are going to get. Apart from Ross effin and jeffin Brand's show is hardly any different each week. Anybody who listens to them could tell what was going to happen when they were put together for a show.

Yet people complain about something they've never paid any attention to before. Well done Britain.

How long will they be suspended for? About 5 minutes - they're the most listened to on Radio 2 along with Wogan.

You have to also bear in mind the show is broadcast between 9-11pm on a Saturday evening, it's hardly going to offend anyone at that time. And of course the parties involved will play it up, you'd be a fool not to.
Quote from Dajmin :

Anyone can approach a radio station with an idea, but it's up to the producers what is and isn't put on a show.

so Brand and Wossy are being used as a scapegoat, makes sense. It is the BBC after all
#21 - 5haz
Probrably, also Brand seems to go mad when hes with Ross (he has been on the show before), what the hell has happened to Matt Morgan?, he seems to keep Brand 'in line' sometimes, and I bet he writes a lot of Brand's funnier jokes.
It is typical of the British Public though. I recall when Nigel Mansell bought Dunkeswell and proposed some improvements to it. Basically upgrading it from a club kart venue to a higher spec venue that could have corporate events and maybe national races.

WELL.... the local villagers went mad (including the the mis-niformed idiot from 'Location, Location, Lacation'). 100s marched against it. These are some of comments

1. We don't want a track built in an area of out standing natural beaty
2. The noise will be bad
3. We don't want F3 cars racing every day

What was telling is here was the REALITY in response to what they were protesting about

1, The track had already been there for 50 years and had been in regular usage
2. The track is RIGHT next to an airport
3. It's a kart track and NOT a car track!

The point is people will take some so small and make this big hoo ha just to make themselves look good! This is why this BBC thing winds me up. When SERIOUS shizzle is going down this is what we get rammed down our throats - two half-baked comedians make a prank call!
Listen, if he is sacked and everyone thinks that we wont be wasting money on him then your stupid.

The license fees aren't going to go down just because Jonathan Ross is sacked and we're not going to get our money refunded back.

It will just be put into someone else. I like Jonathan Ross, I think he's funny and I love his show on fridays so I hope he doesn't lose his job over a silly joke.
its a shame that this made front page of most papers. Just goes to show that they dont care about real news, just a quick sale.

I heard today that we have LOST the battle against the taliban and are now in talks with its leaders. So all those who have died, have died for jazzy snizzel. We havn't caught bin laden, more opium is coming out than what was before, the government is even more corrupt now and we are wasting tax payers money. Where is this in todays papers?

yet still they put these idiots on the frontpage who have done nothing to better anybody.

Although i think Jonathan ross if funny, i cant stand that freak Russell Brand how the hell does he get so much fanny?!?
Quote from Rdcranno :

Although i think Jonathan ross if funny, i cant stand that freak Russell Brand how the hell does he get so much fanny?!?

Well he follows the 3 rules

1. Be unattainable, and not a dependant dweeb (at least appear to)
2. Be spontaneous and confident
3. When she talks you sit, listen, and say yes I agree every other minute.

That's pretty much 90% effective shh.... don't tell anyone though

(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG