The online racing simulator
Nvidia Powermizer
(3 posts, started )
Nvidia Powermizer
Had a strange FPS issue with LFS on my Dell M90 laptop last night - dropped from solid v-synced 100fps to 40 at best and 5fps at race start online! Changed all screen settings and graphics but to no avail.

Wondered if it was graphics drivers so did a re-install. Still the same.

Nvidia Quadro FX3500 was operating fine.

Id been using the laptop on batteries on the train beforehand and wondered if it'd been damaged or something.

Did some online searching and found that there is an Nvidia power conservation setting called Powermizer. Went through Nvidia settings and found it was turned on. Turning it off restored the graphics back to full power and all was fine again.

I didnt turn the setting on and can only assume it turned itself on when using batteries to prolong battery life. Just read up on powermizer ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_powermizer.html ) and it says it "automatically adjusts gpu so the user will not notice". Iv just put that claim to bed.

Just thought Id post here if people ever experience similar laptop performance issues.
A good old word that Laptops are not for gamers. They run games but not as good they could run on PC. My old laptop ran games so damn shitty. Wasnt the cheapest laptop tho. I know that i kinda misstopic'ed that post, but still.
-nvm-

i didnt reads good enoug xD

Nvidia Powermizer
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG