The online racing simulator
Making a racing seat: help needed!
I just found a scrapyard that as a PILE of car seats lying around. Im thinking of getting one (there are some sporty seats, some leather seats.... the lot) as my command chair/racing seat.
Good thing is, car seats are the best chairs around, but they are also lacking... legs. So they are very very low. My desk is about 72cms high, so Ill need to find a way to raise the seat.
Any ideias? Get a big block ' wood and mount the seat's rails on that?
#2 - dadge
Quote from Stigpt : Get a big block ' wood and mount the seat's rails on that?

i think you answered your own question.
I wanted more ideas, though.
#4 - bbman
Why? It is the easiest, quickest and probably best solution you can get...
I have my red leather Cadillac seat atop a swivel office chair. It works for me because i can change the height and I can turn to the other side of my L-desk so I can do work. I used to have it on a hollow rectangular prism, but being it was a rectangle, one side was too short and one was too tall.
get a cheep office chair, un screw the plastic. weld the seat onto the old rails ?
#7 - neRu
Brilliant, that office chair idea
I got a pretty sturdy one, with 4 HUGE screws on the underplate that grips the chair itself
go on ebay and get a £50 racing seat weld it to a home made frame and place it inround of your desk, wich apart from the desk part is what i did for my race car you can get realy good race seats on ebay
thing is.. 50pounds + shipping is about what it would cost to buy one HERE.
And I want something pretty cheap - I gotta pay my minivan's insurance, and its 105'000km overhaul - which will entail some work to the clutch (prolly new clutch), alternator belt.... its gonna hurt, that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG