The online racing simulator
How to know youre doing alright
(15 posts, started )
Ive done a couple tracks, learning the breaking points, trying to get better. With the xrg my times: BL GP, my best time is 1:37.8. On SO classic, 1:01.80

These are both about 5 seconds slower than the wr. Im not sure if perhaps I should start putting myself in races, or perhaps trying out more tracks to keep improving. Thanks
#2 - AMB
Being consistent and knowing the 'limit' normally I go to a track brake where I think i should and each time brake later until I crash and then I know a rough idea of the limit, obviously taking smooth lines helps and getting good exits out of the corners.

post a replay and I will try help and post a replay tomorrow and you can compare my lines to yours and braking points etc, or you can just check the WR
Quote from agm_ultimatex :Ive done a couple tracks, learning the breaking points, trying to get better. With the xrg my times: BL GP, my best time is 1:37.8. On SO classic, 1:01.80

These are both about 5 seconds slower than the wr. Im not sure if perhaps I should start putting myself in races, or perhaps trying out more tracks to keep improving. Thanks

If you like the XRG, go and take a look at www.raceauthority.com and give their server 1 a try. It's usually busy and has some good racers. Will be good competition for you! Points don't make prizes there but you get some fun. Just don't put a foot wrong or you'll get an admin sticking the boot up your arse!
Just go on the CTRA1 Server (as StableX mentioned) and drive there.
Anyway, Id suggest using the XFG, its easier to keep up with the others, and to drive.
I do use CTRA 1 a bit, mostly dont do so well quite yet.
Quote from StableX :If you like the XRG, go and take a look at www.raceauthority.com and give their server 1 a try. It's usually busy and has some good racers. Will be good competition for you! Points don't make prizes there but you get some fun. Just don't put a foot wrong or you'll get an admin sticking the boot up your arse!

And just how would you know? You must have a good memory

Sorry Andy I couldn't resist

Oh and to the original poster, just go online any server and give it a try mate, times are not so important at all, respect for other drivers is what matters. Maybe just let folks in the server know you are new and you'll be fine. Online is where the fun is
Yeah. I found sometimes races can feel a little tense. I find when i join a race midway, and im in the middle of a corner, passers will honk at me and such. I understand it, but at the same time there's nothing for me to do about it at the time. I usually try to hug the corner out so they can pass me then.

Anyways, i attached a replay.
Attached files
agm_bl1_laps.spr - 221.3 KB - 111 views
If you're a mid-race joiner, the unwritten rule (outside of the likes of CTRA or DMR, where it is written) is that you shold by no means interfere with the race in progress. Keep well out of their way, off the racing line when necessary.

On the other hand if you started the race and are just getting lapped, you have every right to be there, and are expected to drive predictably and considerately so that the leaders can pass you safely and cleanly.
Okay, ill keep that in mind when i join mid-race. Did a few races on the server, was lots of fun
The one thing I always have in the back of my mind is respect other drivers. Its all about the fun you having from driving a race online. I dont care that much of winning or getting best lape times. To me its the fun I get from the game.

Just use common sense repect each other and you`ll be fine
yeah did some races last night. I ended up getting some points, making a couple new PB's. Was quite fun
best advice i can give is race someone faster than you..
Quote from agm_ultimatex :yeah did some races last night. I ended up getting some points, making a couple new PB's. Was quite fun

Hey M8

Ran into you last night "Quite literally" on Lota 2 . Another good bit of advice is, if you crash someone say "Sorry"
Makes the sting a bit less for the others on the track
Don't forget to ask for sets nicely, most people will give them out No Problem unless its a race set. A good base to start with is Race_S. I know I can hear the moaning from the peanut gallery

Don't worry about what people say about Race_S we race these sets each week on DMR and they ain't half bad
Good luck and have fun. Also come by our server for some fun RSRadicals.
Im currently using setups from setup grid. They work pretty well for the most part. Which track are ya referring to by lota? I usually apologize for one, and im sorry that I did not
Quote from agm_ultimatex :Im currently using setups from setup grid. They work pretty well for the most part. Which track are ya referring to by lota? I usually apologize for one, and im sorry that I did not

You joined us on the Oval in the XRT, sideswiped me in the first corner then drove around the track honking your horn at other cars. Seemed like you were new so no one took major offence to it.
Hope to see you around

edit: If your just starting out you should try to take an Endurance set out first to get lots of consistant laps. Then when your up to speed go for a more agressive set up.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG