The online racing simulator
GT2 Balancing
(25 posts, started )
GT2 Balancing
Is there any easy way to compare GT2 times for the CTRA tracks?
It seems the FXR is the most frequently used car on the track .
Does it dominate the lap records as well?

PS also having issues connecting to raceauthority.com .Very very slow , if it loads up at all
#2 - scipy
FXR is most used because it's the easiest to drive and 90 % of the drivers on CTRA (even ones with platinum+ licenses) aren't all that skilled. In good hands FZR & XRR are the quickest, with XRR having a slight edge because it's the most difficult to drive (it's 1-2 tenths quicker depending on the track).
Quote from scipy :...with XRR having a slight edge because it's the most difficult to drive (it's 1-2 tenths quicker depending on the track).

Now that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You're right about the rest, though
#4 - scipy
It makes perfect sense because I did the balancing.. GT2 class isn't balanced like the GT1, FZR isn't the fastest by far, FZR and XRR are very close but XRR is slightly faster (unlike GT1 class). FXR is competitive when someone fast is driving it, but the longer the track the slower it gets cause of transmission losses.
For me having a platinum license just means that I have had no life for the past year and spend far too much time on racing sims but yet I'm still unskilled. I put that down to too much drink and a general lack of talent......this does not mean that all platinum racers are unskilled though. GT2's should be banned
FXR also brings you most points because it's meant to be the slowest of the GTRs and it's easiest to drive.
I consider myself a decent FZR driver but I only see super-aliens matching FXR with the FZR on the majority of tracks. I think the FZR could do with a little less restriction.
I think the FXR is winning when restricted because you can keep your foot planted most of the time and keep momentum up. This is harder to do with a restricted FZR.
I like to tease the guys on our team who drive the FXR lots, I tell them to get out of the "Trainer car" and into a "Real mans car"
I'm just jealous because they are beating me most of the time the rotten buggers
Quote from scipy :FXR is most used because it's the easiest to drive and 90 % of the drivers on CTRA (even ones with platinum+ licenses) aren't all that skilled.

Therefore should the FXR ,being the easiest to drive and consistently faster car ,not have a power disadvantage?

Makes for much better racing when there is a good spread of different cars in the same class.
Now , as you say ,90% of drivers take the easiest, fastest choice.

So why is the easy option so fast
Easiest car to drive ,should be slower .( in most peoples hands)
#10 - Dru
Quote from Turbo Dad :Therefore should the FXR ,being the easiest to drive and consistently faster car ,not have a power disadvantage?

Makes for much better racing when there is a good spread of different cars in the same class.
Now , as you say ,90% of drivers take the easiest, fastest choice.

So why is the easy option so fast
Easiest car to drive ,should be slower .( in most peoples hands)

This is a similar issue to The FXO issue on the TBO server, that people can jump in the easiest car and have good results.

The problem then was there was no balancing possible.

On the GT2 server I would personally say that adding additional ballest to the FXR would help clip its wings by a bit.
It really depends on the track as to which car in the GTR2's has the edge. Restrictions, to be totally accurate, needs to be by track or run a rotation that allows for an even balance.
#12 - Dru
Quote from StableX :It really depends on the track as to which car in the GTR2's has the edge. Restrictions, to be totally accurate, needs to be by track or run a rotation that allows for an even balance.

absolutely - can not agree with your comments any more than saying - you are totally correct
Will CTRA be looking into the possibly of clipping the wings of the FXR or increasing the power of the FZR? (GT2)
#14 - SamH
Not at the moment, no. Scipy did a very meticulous and comprehensive job of balancing the cars over the full complement of Race3 tracks and the balancing he produced was well qualified. I'm confident that it's as close as it is possible to get on the track, overall. I *may* look closely at retarding FXR points slightly in the near future, though, to compensate for the easy-drive aspect of that car.
GT2 needs points or restrictions rebalancing. I think i am not only one, who does not want to spend whole gold license going "slower" fzr, or driving competitevly in toy-car(fxr).
It's unfortunate but because they cars are unbalanced race 3 is pretty much an fxr-fest, very few fzr in the races and rarely at the top of the timesheets.
#17 - SamH
Point for FXR are less. A car coming 2nd in an FZR will score as many or more points than an FXR in first.
I didn't realise that. Cool. Is that due to the perceived difficulty in driving the fzr over the fxr?
Ban GT2, I tell ya, problem solved, horrible GT2 cars......whinge! moan! grump!.......meh no one listens to me.....every time i go on CTRA 3 your all driving those pussy foot GT2's......get a bloody real car.

End of yet another moan about GT2's by me......no one ever listens but I feel better
Well they are definately a lot closer than the 1 sec a lap difference from that Jan thread. I just think it just needs a little tweak and the balance will be near perfect.
Quote :every time i go on CTRA 3 your all driving those pussy foot GT2's......get a bloody real car

True.
Quote :every time i go on CTRA 3 your all driving those pussy foot GT2's......get a bloody real car.

Because in the grand scheme of things a simulated GT1 car is so much more manly than a simulated GT2 car?
Quote from Becky Rose :Because in the grand scheme of things a simulated GT1 car is so much more manly than a simulated GT2 car?

No, but I did not see the announcement that Scawen had released GT2 cars for this sim? GT2's are a user made mod and I don't like driving them because I just don't. Even the GT2 cars in GTR2 handle better in what my little head anyway

Now if you'd said that an 8" er was more manly than a 5"er then I could not have argued...
Quote from Becky Rose :Because in the grand scheme of things a simulated GT1 car is so much more manly than a simulated GT2 car?

Of course!

Driving a GT2 car when you are licensed to drive GT1 makes your e-penis shrivel up.

GT2 Balancing
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG