The online racing simulator
Race Results
(15 posts, started )
Race Results
Don't know exactly whether it is a bug or intentional, but anyway it seems wrong to me. Not that it would matter much, however.

When you cannot finish the last lap then no result is recorded, even if there were people behind you. So what am I talking about? Let's look at a theoretical race:

Let's say you are doing a five lap race with 10 cars. You are the leader when finishing your fourth lap and have already lapped 3 cars, and then for some reason you are out of the race. So in real life this would mean, that you are ranked 7th, as you finished lap 4 faster than these three you lapped. In LFS you are simply not ranked, isn't that odd?
nah, u didnt cross the finish line.
Quote from BenjiMC :nah, u didnt cross the finish line.

Of course I did, only a lap earlier. It's true I didn't cross the finish line after the race had officially ended. But the finish line is a valid finish line already before the winner crosses it. At least in real life racing.
#4 - Gunn
Quote from Reini68 :Of course I did, only a lap earlier. It's true I didn't cross the finish line after the race had officially ended. But the finish line is a valid finish line already before the winner crosses it. At least in real life racing.

When the winner crosses the line everyone else is now on their last lap. If you fail to cross the line on the last lap, you're out. DNF = did not finish.
Quote from Gunn :When the winner crosses the line everyone else is now on their last lap. If you fail to cross the line on the last lap, you're out. DNF = did not finish.

Obviously it is implemented this way. I was just mentioning this is not how it works in real life.
if i'm not mistaken, You are the leader, but Run out of fuel or whatever on lap 4 of a 5 lap race?
Quote from BenjiMC :if i'm not mistaken, You are the leader, but Run out of fuel or whatever on lap 4 of a 5 lap race?

For example, yes.
then that person ahs not driven the race distance. so when the guys 3 laps behind eventually pass for the lead, which they will, that person is no longer the leader.
But the person that was lapped before doesn't finish the racedistance either. He is however ranked (-1 lap). But as I said it isn't much of a warry to me, but it's in contradiction to the real life.
the person who is lapped eventually overtakes the leader, as they dont complete race distance.
Quote from Reini68 :But the person that was lapped before doesn't finish the racedistance either. He is however ranked (-1 lap). But as I said it isn't much of a warry to me, but it's in contradiction to the real life.

Tell me something please, the picture in your avatar, is it you? Cause if it is you've made my day.. I can imagine your confused face trying to count laps on ur fingers.. math is so hard
Best example is http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2001/38/

Mika Hakkinen had completed 64 laps, and had lapped everyone up to and including 10th place. When he retired on the last lap - and as the races are sorted on laps completed - he was classified 9th (due to also having a taken a shorter time to complete those 64 laps compared to Alesi).
Quote from scipy :Tell me something please, the picture in your avatar, is it you? Cause if it is you've made my day.. I can imagine your confused face trying to count laps on ur fingers.. math is so hard

Congratulation. You just made a fool of you.

@boothy: Thanks
This exact issue was one of my first threads. No action since then, of course...
#15 - _ak
Such event happened with Bourdais in Australia. He retired but was classified.
Also in 2005 year when Raikonnen crashed just before finish line and had one more lap to go, he was classified.

F1 rules clearly state that driver have to complete 90% of distance to be classified. In endurance races you can even crash 100 laps before finish and still get classified.

Race Results
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG