The online racing simulator
help with g25
(13 posts, started )
help with g25
today i decided to follow the tut. on how to make the g25 shifter quiet......was so happy, it was completely silent and felt real...but....now it won't go into gear or if it does it's in the wrong place. i took it all apart a bunch of times and everything seems to be fine. Has anyone come across this before or does anyone know what the problem might be? i would really appreciate the help and i hope i don't have to loose the gearbox!
thanks
make sure you put the potentiometers back in to the plastic slots. If they are loose or misaligned, that might happen. or if you were rough with it there might bee some loose solders that might need touching up.

those are just some guesses
When I put mine back together the first time, I hadn't put the pot on the side back in it's slot, and it wouldn't recognise any of the top 3 gears (I think). If you've horsed it back together (as I did :tilt, it's quite possible that you could've done that too. There's one underneath the shifter assembly, and one to the right as you look at it. They must both be in the slots.

If they're fine, then as legoflamb said, you've probably cut something, or else pulled out some/all of the wires going to the assembly from the circuitry at the top. It should be easy to spot what's wrong after a good look at it, there aren't many components in the shifter
i just checked again and it's all there but for a while i was having the same problem but only the botton 3 were out...but now none of them are detected:weeping:. I tried reinstalling everything and getting the latest profiler, everything. I think i might have to move on to an alternative. U guys know about any shifters that work with g25? and thanks for the feedback i missed the chip on the bottom!
Quote from jonny dank :i just checked again and it's all there but for a while i was having the same problem but only the botton 3 were out...but now none of them are detected:weeping:. I tried reinstalling everything and getting the latest profiler, everything. I think i might have to move on to an alternative. U guys know about any shifters that work with g25? and thanks for the feedback i missed the chip on the bottom!

Lightning SST shifter is USB, but costs $235 iirc. Only option i know of, besides finding used g25 shifter.
Googled it and it's like $180 :o
You can buy a ACT Labs shifter, I think that should work. Just plug it into the USB adapter and set it up. They're supposed to be pretty decent quality, while not extremely expensive.

What's this tutorial to make the G25 shifter more quiet, by the way? I'd like to read it.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=293044

the one with the network cable works so nice and it's the only one that actually makes it realistic with 0 sound, but i screwed up and had to use the foam(works pretty good). And thanks for the help, i think i might get the act labs kit, it's got 8 gears so i could keep my paddles as look buttons even if im in the bmw!
Thanks for the link. I don't think I'll be trying that

Also, what does it matter how much gears the ACT Labs shifter has when driving the BMW? Neither of them have H-gate shifters so that's irrelevant, isn't it?
you must have missed it, they have an awsome h shifter that has 8 gear slots and you can get a 4,5,6,8 speed boot for it, and even one for triptonic. you can get a lot of customizable stuff for it, i just ordered one with the carbon fiber shifter knob and all the boot options. no leather but there cheap and seem very nice. im pretty happy my g25 shifter broke lol! thanks for the link, you saved the day!

or were you saying i can't use h patern in game with f1 cars?
Quote from jonny dank :or were you saying i can't use h patern in game with f1 cars?

Yeah, that's what I was getting at I don't know, maybe you can use the H-pattern shifter with the formula cars (although I thought this wasn't possible? have never tried it myself), but why would you want to?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the AL shifter. I've been wanting to get one for a while but there's a lot of other stuff that I have to spend my money on first.
No you can't and you wouldnt want to.
o well it was just a thought cause i always drift so i use the paddles to look around and i always changed it just because g25 is a six speed, never thought you had to use them. almost got a chance to be more lazy

help with g25
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG