The online racing simulator
1 LFS under multiple OS
(7 posts, started )
1 LFS under multiple OS
Hi all!

I have multiple system partitions in my PC as I'm working either with Win XP SP3 32 bit or Win Vista SP1 64 bit OSs. I have already ussed a few applications and games on a common partition visible from both operating systems successfully. Now and then I'd like to play after work without restarting the PC, of course...
My problem with LFS used in this way is that after each switch to the other OS, my S2 license goes back to demo and my controller settings are gone .
Is there a way to use the same LFS installation from multiple OSs (installed to the same, common partition)? Or should I better install the simulator in two independent locations?
Quote from newtom66 :Hi all!

I have multiple system partitions in my PC as I'm working either with Win XP SP3 32 bit or Win Vista SP1 64 bit OSs. I have already ussed a few applications and games on a common partition visible from both operating systems successfully. Now and then I'd like to play after work without restarting the PC, of course...
My problem with LFS used in this way is that after each switch to the other OS, my S2 license goes back to demo and my controller settings are gone .
Is there a way to use the same LFS installation from multiple OSs (installed to the same, common partition)? Or should I better install the simulator in two independent locations?

Better get 2 LFSes. Because when you unlock, it creates a file which contains data about ur Hardware and OS, so it will be invalid every time you start LFS in new OS.
1) unlock under either os (lets say you unlock with xp first)
2) copy the data\misc folder to eg data\misc_xp
3) unlock under vista and copy it to data\misc_vista
4) delete your data\misc folder
5) create these bats in your lfs directory and use them to start lfs with
xp:

ren .\data\misc_xp misc
lfs.exe
ren .\data\misc misc_xp

vista:

ren .\data\misc_vista misc
lfs.exe
ren .\data\misc misc_vista

Quote :I have multiple system partitions in my PC as I'm working either with Win XP SP3 32 bit or Win Vista SP1 64 bit OSs...

I ask support. Answer:

Hi,

I'm afraid you cannot use one LFS folder in two OS's. The unlock mechanism
of LFS depends also on OS fingerprint, so that's the reason why LFS appears
locked again in the other OS.
The only solution is to create two LFS folders, one for each OS.
Maybe you can create a shortcut for some of the data folders, such as skins?
I don't know actually if that works.

Regards,

Victor van Vlaardingen
Good idea "create a shortcut for some of the data folders". But need NTFS and command "mklink /D" in Windows Vista SP1. This is no shortcuts, this is symbol links on folders LFS from Windows XP. 2 Gb my LFS folder XP. Vista use this folders from XP and all changes is common for both OS's.
Absolutly right about folder MISC. This folder different for XP and Vista. And no problem with unlock.
Attached images
Vista LFS.jpg
this doesn't help or is it relevant but it an idea that sould be in mind even it it is not required.

think of getting two lfs's as supporting the Sim, because it is.
legoflamb, why problem?
Realy i have LFS folder in XP and LFS folder in Vista. But LFS folder Vista almoust all folders in \DATA have symbol links on \DATA LFS folders Windows XP. Yes, cfg.txt Vista and cfg.txt XP different, but it very good for me. Grafic options Vista and XP different in my case.

My example organization symbol link data/skins in Vista:
cmd
K:\Users\Aleg>mklink /D M:\Game\Simul\LFS\LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z_V\data\skins M:\Game\Simul\LFS\LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z_XP\data\skins

See sintacsis mklink /?
Quote from aIM BLR :legoflamb, why problem?

Sorry there was no problem, my statement was meant to be comical, but I guess it didn't come off that way

1 LFS under multiple OS
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG