The online racing simulator
Inside Sim Racing Episode 28
(18 posts, started )
SRT explores E for All gaming expo. See cool products from TN Gaming like the fps vest, CH Products flight sim wheel, Gamers Grub and more. Jessica has several interviews including one with Jonathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel and George Woo of Intel as we checked out their rigs running Live for Speed.

Shaun actually had the fast time by over 4 seconds at one point..hehe

Up now at www.insidesimracing.tv
good episode its cool to see a guy who plays GT5 win at LFS
Some godly creature needs to combine GRID with LFS.

Opinions vary, but to me it looks and sounds very pleasant. Too bad it drives worse than GT4.
Now where is my magic wand......
Lol I lol'd watching it. That Fatality guy needs to try serious sim racing.

I agree Phreak, GRID physics and damage with LFS physics and feel would be amazing (and GRID sounds).
Did you see the way Wendel knocked sim racing . I bet FPS hasn't got its own TV show & they certainly haven't got Jessica so .
I didnt like the way he came across, Sim Racing is Big & it's big business to some.

I bet those FPS players didnt get a chance to win an chevy SUV & travel to Italy this year did they?
#6 - TG44
Fatality seems to be an *ss

like if you don't need precision and skill to do simracing... he's never tried anything more realistic than pgr then

there's also the thing that watching simracing from the side actually IS interesting.. unlike looking at a freakin fps game -.- i still want to punch that guy.. lol
Failtaility = moron.
Fatality = FULL OF SH!T.
Damn that guy is a nimrod.
I'm an avid FPS gamer and enjoy it quite a bit but I need to take a break if it's going to do THAT to my brain!

Failtality indeed
"Uhhmm, I met Dale last yeah, ya know and ummmm, ya know...really cool guy" .....?
No one asked him whether he knew "Dale". She pointed out to him that he uses sim to train....ugh...nimrod!
Quote from anttt69 :Did you see the way Wendel knocked sim racing . I bet FPS hasn't got its own TV show & they certainly haven't got Jessica so .
I didnt like the way he came across, Sim Racing is Big & it's big business to some.

I bet those FPS players didnt get a chance to win an chevy SUV & travel to Italy this year did they?

What, like mainstream prime time TV shows and massive world championships broadcast on network television? Nah, they dont have their own shows... They have their own industry.
Newsflash for this f41tal1ty: shooting people in real life takes a lot more skill than doing it in Quake.

Actually interesting compare... how many years of sim racing does it take to be Greger Huttu vs. how many years of fps gaming it takes to be someone-well-known-but-not-this-douchebag?

Of course like in real sports too, popularity is one important thing and there are quite a few more fps gamers than simmers...

ps. "Gamer snack" - can't blame for someone having original ideas and doing business but...
#13 - Osco
Quote from evilpimp :Lol I lol'd watching it. That Fatality guy needs to try serious sim racing.

I agree Phreak, GRID physics and damage with LFS physics and feel would be amazing (and GRID sounds).

I hope you meant GRID graphics, the physics of GRID I find shite compared to LFS (obviously)
The graphics are too, but many are fooled by the bling-bling overlays their ridiculous bloom shader produces...
Quote :It requires hand-eye coordination, reflexes, timing, strategy, precision

That's right. Because none of those are involved in racing... What a fud.
Quote from bbman :The graphics are too, but many are fooled by the bling-bling overlays their ridiculous bloom shader produces...

As I said, it was my opinion and I know there are people like you who will disagree.

As for me, I've turned off blur and lowered particle effects so there is no noticable bloom except where their should be (reflections on metal, glass, etc...very minimal though)

It still looks very crisp and detailed. Lighting is to die for and cockpits are quite good as well.

Realistic physics are non existent but the damage model is close to perfect; at least on the visual side. Force feedback effects (note effects, not forces), canned or not, are quite a nice change of pace, too.
After all, GRID is not a Sim, it's a game...just like NFS or Midnight club or what have you. But it's looks and presentation will make it more money in a year than LFS will in it's whole, unnecessarily stretched out life.

LFS is very good at everything that's finished within it....but that really isn't much. And while all of us here love LFS in one way or another, some of us see faults that others refuse to notice...very obvious ones.

Ignorance might be bliss but more often then not, one ends up looking like a fan-boyish idiot (general statement and not pointed at BBman or anyone else in particular)

But hey, at least all of us seem to agree on Fatality being a nimrod
Did he say

"fps shooting games have everything like in the real sport" ?????
Fatality , Ambassador of how to be a cock.

And please bring back the guys to do the talking, no offense ..

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG