The online racing simulator
Odometer for the dash's
(13 posts, started )
Odometer for the dash's
Would it be possible to include a odometer in each car? I just want to know what I've driven in each car realtime.
thats what i said about 2 years ago; finally we got one.. but its not in the game, its at LFSW
sorry for being N00B (or not so good in english )

what is an Odometer ???
More or less a "distance counter". Normally you have a display at your speedo of how far you've driven since the last reset (you know, there's usually some kind of button to reset it). There's also an overall-odometer to determine how many kilometers/miles the car has been driven overall.
Ok Cool

It would be cool, I think.
I don't think i cost too much time to make it.
surley it wouldnt be hard for the devs to link the LFSW mileage to an in-car readout, one that shows total miles.

Anyway, how difficult is it to actually have a milometer?
LFSW dosent show it right. For instance is im not racing online it dosent seemt or record. I've driven tons in LFS and it only shows me in the XR or something with low miles. So thats not completly goof-proof. (And milometer is a odometer)
Well yeah, it only works when you are connected to the master server, so either you need to play online or on a "online" server you create (set it to hidden or something).
well, I hope if this will come, that you can choose between km and miles.
YES, I'm very agree, here is my suggestion:

Odometer:
Odometer is missing on the tachometer or dashboard. LFS is counting the kilometers (traveled distance) on LFSWORLD, it is good idea, but not counting kilometers in the car during driving on the road or off-road. There should be odometer in tachometer or on the dashboard to view all traveled distance in real time. All cars (or at least road cars or not-formula type cars) should have his own odometer (saved traveled distance of the car from first LFS install), one permanent odometer, and second one with reset possibilities by user - as in real car. First odometer should count kilometers from first drive (from first launching of LFS), and should not be reseting. And second odometer should count same kilometers, but it should be with reset possibility. Each car should have his own odometer with own traveled distance. There may be third odometer (permanent) (if you want) with all summary traveled distance with all cars (same counter as on LFSWORLD). Can be realized it in LFS?
Your bumping alot of 2+ year threads...

Anyway, this would be a nice addition...!
totally agree... nice thing to add

+1

Odometer for the dash's
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG