The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Installed F4:AF over the weekend, although time was limited to a quick-start dogfight in which I managed to find my way home, land, but didn't work out the wheel-brake command before I hit the fence at the end of the runway

Hopefully I'll get a bit of time to read the manual and download the keycharts etc.

Anyone know if there are any free addons/mods etc for AF? I've found the latest patch, and I've found a payware scenary texture update (don't want to pay )...

The flight model is lovely though

Cool.
You might want to try the freefalcon mod, it installs on the original Falcon 4.0 as well as on Allied Force.

Remeber my PM, if you have any questions, please ask them!
There are only so many Falcon 4 flyers left, better to help anyone...
Wish there was more info on when this will be coming out for the English market

Anyone heard anything?
Just found out the English version is finished and was made available digitally a few days ago.

Tempted to buy it as a download but I think this is going to require a physical manual I can have on my knee as I fly. 2 pages of instructions, just to get it off the ground apparently
is it just me or dose that game seem OPF based?
Opf?
operation flash point
Surely that would be OFP?
I can kind of see the similarity, but it's coincidence. This one's based on the LOMAC engine.
Le Sigh...

I tried to buy it from the website just to find out I don't have a CC (only debit) so can't...

This is one of the rare games I really want to buy as well. Anyone know if its coming out on steam? Else its either a torrent or wait till 2009 for the boxed version...
They're in discussion with Valve about having it on Steam.
Quote from Crashgate3 :
Tempted to buy it as a download but I think this is going to require a physical manual I can have on my knee as I fly. 2 pages of instructions, just to get it off the ground apparently

Very true
I wanted to just take off and fly but soon gave up and started the mission when you start in the air already (and thats after watching take off tutorial several times)

Starting right in the air wasn't THAT helpful anyway
they better have a good reason not to have a demo or tell you anything about payment options before you tell them everything meaningful about you
This is quite strange. I have just been playing OFP and i plugged in my joystick and have done nothing but fly the helicopters around for hours on end wishing there was a game dedicated to it. And then i come here and find this. But I have an Athlon XP 2500 so i dont think i can run it
You might be lucky. It's based on Lock-On which is an old game that your PC should be able to handle, so this might run ok too.
another game for people to lose their lives in playing though will be rubbish but the Idea will be enough to say its great...

im a fair bit skeptical
cpu 486dx4? wtf!?
Quote from theirishnoob :another game for people to lose their lives in playing though will be rubbish but the Idea will be enough to say its great...

im a fair bit skeptical

If you like complicated simulators it doesn't get any better than this. Simmers have been crying out for something with this level of detail for ages. The use of a fully interactive clickable cockpit is also very nice and helps greatly with the overwhelming level of detail.

The fact that Eagle dynamics have been released from the shackles of a major publishing company (eg UBI soft) has done wonders, they can work at their own pace and make a product that simmers like and are happy with because the guys making it know what the users expect. Essentially they are making the kind of sim they would want to play, just like LFS
I agree with Sean..... amazing work producing this Heli Sim.... they deserve people buying it I just need a new X52
Gah.. I just went to buy it, and they only accept credit cards.

GAAAAAHHHHHH
Quote from Crashgate3 :Gah.. I just went to buy it, and they only accept credit cards.

GAAAAAHHHHHH

yeah, they should do paypal or some other scheme!

The 'LFS of flight sims' has a release date
(159 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG