The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :You must really feel like the odd one out, but if you hear hva faen or va fan you know that there is some bullshit goin down!

lol. Those words have been used alot around here lately, I wonder why. :]

Btw, Bob likes to raise the beer bottle higher and higher above the glass while he's pouring the beer in there.. now, that worked fine up until 10 minutes ago when he missed the glass and poured some of the beer on the table. Does that mean he had one beer too many?
Be happy I haven't drifted two meters to the right, or I'd be pouring it on your head.
Quote from Bob Smith :Be happy I haven't drifted two meters to the right, or I'd be pouring it on your head.

We're not many beers away from that now are we? lol.
And to finish: there was some more racing for the rest of the night, of varying standards of soberness. Much talking too; I was kept up against my will until 06:30 this morning drinking rum. I had a horrible, horrible time.

Some photos of the karting have now been posted on the Swedish forums: http://forum.liveforspeed.se/viewtopic.php?p=40237#40237

Anyway, must dash, bus and a plane to catch.
Thanks to Bob for the updates and the link to the images on the swedish forum... must have been fun!

...although I didn't understand a word on the swedish forum.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :I'd rather not take my computer package with the G25 on a train xD

That's what I did!

(ok, I went there by bus)
Quote from hrtburnout :I'm amazed. Bob, you're everywhere
When I go to bed tonight, I'll check my closet for Bob Smith.

Quote from hrtburnout :I keep my underwear in my clothes closet.

then we might asume that Bob came out of the closet?
since i saw him in gothenburg:magnify:
Had a great time, the carting rocked .
going out on the first qualify the track was all wet,cold tyers and it was cloudy and going dark. didnt know the track and the cart was either understeering or powersliding depending on speed.
So i figuerd i better make this fun..so after the start finish straigt i went full attack in to T1 (lfs drifting style) tapped the brake and went to a beautiful and scary powerslide..then laughed for one lap and then continued to to that.

the Final races (there was one A and one B) were pure darkraces,and with one light going dead T1 was interesting, u had to guess were the apex was and then go for it. worked fine 50% the rest turned up to be a horrific recoveroperation.

Bob did good i think (didnt see him in the A-Final:razz
Pics and stuff can be found in the swedish forum.

im gona try my best to attend to the next U.K meeting. with high expectations
I got in 20 mins ago. 25 hours to get home. Damn delays!

First the plane is 6 hours late, then I arrive in Glasgow too late to use any form of public transport, so I kip the night in a local hotel, chat to some Swedish roadsweeper service men here on business, ring work and tell them there's no way I can make it in today, get a taxi back to the airport, 40 min train to glasgow, 2 hour wait for a train to newcastle, then some guy gets ill and we have to wait for the ambulance to wheel him away, and finally a taxi ride home from the train station (I really couldn't be arsed waiting for a bus by this point).
Quote from Bob Smith :I got in 20 mins ago. 25 hours to get home. Damn delays!

Damn, that sux.
took me 3,5 hours in the car to get home..

was the weather that bad?or did u just get drunk somewere and fall asleep?
The plane was delayed as it broke down (well, had "technical problems", which could be anything from the chicken soup dispenser is blocked, to the engine/wings have fallen off) in the UK, they couldn't get it fixed so the got a another plane, and then of course that had to be flown over.

If there's a next time with a LAN party, I'll seriously look at the ferry, then I can pack all my own computing gear, wheel, setups, desk, kitchen sink, etc with me. A little more expensive but I get the feeling it will be faster.
Thanks for stopping by, Ben (even if the travel time was about as long as your stay, hehe). Just like the last time we met I had a great time.

The participants seem very happy with the event so chances are we'll organize one or two events each year from now on. I'll keep you (all) posted.

Edit: In case anyone was wondering the meet had 24 visitors of which 18 took part in the karting.
Thomas, I'd probably turn up to one a year, so long as it didn't coincide with either a UK meet (next meet July/August '09), some other LFS meet I might get roped into (NL, June '09?), or my visits to Erik's closet. Hopefully more people from other countries will brave the trip, and I might even get myself a travelling companion.

Edit: Btw I'm looking for a decent image of me from the event for a new avatar, but can only seem to find pictures of the back of my head. Did anyone manage to snap a better one? I have to say I don't remember posing but I do remember somebody blinding me with his camera after I picked up my timesheet.
#38 - VoiD
Must say i enjoyed reading the posts and checking the photos out! Defintly need to join the next ''outing'' that gets planned!

Could give Bob some company, Though bring another Italian with and you'll only hear 2 Italians Moaning 24/7 about our asses getting kicked!

But then again, Italians are known to be moaners!

Congrats to the Person who won the Kart race!

Belial (Need to get my S2 License, i feel so left out )

LFS Swedish LAN+Karting Meet, november 2008
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG