The online racing simulator
A1 new season.
(11 posts, started )
A1 new season.
Started today in Zandvoort, a very wet Zandvoort. Cars a spinning of left and right at the moment and it seemed a reduced grid for the first race with only 17 nations making the race (even GBR missed the week).

Still the front 2 are currently putting on a good race.
#2 - JCTK
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Started today in Zandvoort, a very wet Zandvoort. Cars a spinning of left and right at the moment and it seemed a reduced grid for the first race with only 17 nations making the race (even GBR missed the week).

Still the front 2 are currently putting on a good race.

the sprint race was probably finished a while ago as there were already a race report on Autosport...

don't know if anyone has seen this, but WTH was the rescue vehicle doing driving on the edge of the circuit (which was kinda the racing line) with the field charging towards it close behind...
#3 - J@tko
Quote from JCTK :don't know if anyone has seen this, but WTH was the rescue vehicle doing driving on the edge of the circuit (which was kinda the racing line) with the field charging towards it close behind...

Sounds like a New Dimension Racing Event
Quote from JCTK :the sprint race was probably finished a while ago as there were already a race report on Autosport...

don't know if anyone has seen this, but WTH was the rescue vehicle doing driving on the edge of the circuit (which was kinda the racing line) with the field charging towards it close behind...

Sky are lying to me....they had the litle icon on the top right saying 'live'....either that or the hungover is really worse than I previously thought.
#5 - JCTK
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Sky are lying to me....they had the litle icon on the top right saying 'live'....either that or the hungover is really worse than I previously thought.

Sky isn't the only one...
I'm watching Star Sport in Asia and it also has "live" on the top right corner...

thank god I was keeping an eye on autosport (waiting for the WRC results) and accidentally came across a ".... won the Sprint Race" article.
#6 - JCTK
ooh... and also on Ferrari typical's waiting list...
how do they decide which teams receive their cars and which teams doesn't~? I think 5 teams didn't get their cars because Ferrari couldn't built them on schedule...

they tried to remedy it by allowing each team to drop their worst race weekend, but that is still hardly fair is it~? (although the teams are trying to say it is for whatever reasons). Those that received their cars and have a pretty decent weekend this time round can afford to have a crap weekend elsewhere, where as those teams who somehow was unfortunately enough to not have their cars delivered won't have that luxury.

how much did the organisers paid those teams to shut them up... lol
They made sure teams that have home events early in the season got their cars first, and they have introduced a new rule that allows teams to drop their worst result, which means the teams who didn't attend this race won't lose out, although in my opinion they will and they should have just run the race without scoring championship points.

I will have to catch the highlights of the actual race, I stayed up till 5am to watch the MotoGP and then slept through the A1GP race.
#8 - Mrwei
Pos Driver Team Gap
1. Loïc Duval France 1:11:58.723
2. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia + 2.288
3. Earl Bamber New Zealand + 2.709
4. John Martin Australia + 6.329
5. Jeroen Bleekemolen Netherlands + 8.273
6. Clivio Piccione Monaco + 2 Laps
7. Jin Woo Hwang Korea + 3 Laps
8. Daniel Morad Lebanon + 4 Laps
9. Ho-Pin Tung China + 5 Laps
10. Charlie Kimball USA + 6 Laps

Bad Storm.hard race !
#9 - JCTK
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They made sure teams that have home events early in the season got their cars first, and they have introduced a new rule that allows teams to drop their worst result, which means the teams who didn't attend this race won't lose out, although in my opinion they will and they should have just run the race without scoring championship points.

I will have to catch the highlights of the actual race, I stayed up till 5am to watch the MotoGP and then slept through the A1GP race.

which basically mean France, Malaysia and NZ can afford to have an absoblutely horrible weekend, but GB can't because they weren't even given the chance to race....

but I guess suddenly changing the race to non-championship events would be a huge struggle with all the various contracts (especially sponsorship and advertising one) signed. as well as possibly people who purchased tickets demanding a refund.

so I'm just wondering how much did team GB got paid to get stuffed and said "it's fair, it's ok, as teams can drop their worst result anyway blah blah blah"...
I think they would be happy to take it as an excuse for not beating New Zealand and France. I actually liked the old cars, they were unique and everyone could identify them as A1GP cars, and they didn't look that bad in the flesh.
I had plans to go there, only the weather was realy bad! maybe next year

A1 new season.
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG