The online racing simulator
Epic Rickroll
(77 posts, started )
Epic Rickroll
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7646807.stm

Quote :Eighties pop singer Rick Astley has become the surprise contender for best act ever at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool.

The star, who has never been nominated in the history of the event, is up against U2, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Green Day and Tokio Hotel.

The winner, chosen by fans online, will be unveiled at the show on 6 November.

This man needs to win!!

We all need to vote for him, and we can vote for him as many times as he wants

http://ema.mtv.co.uk/vote/#_

Rick winning would be much better than U2 picking up another undeserved award
OMG 4chan guys did it
I voted for him
Channel 5 now, its on the news lmao, rick rolled eh?
Arrgh... why couldn't they make voting easier by having a vote button that I could just mash. Instead I have to click 3 times per vote!

He got my 10 or so votes.. more to come
Quote from Scrabby :OMG 4chan guys did it
I voted for him

This one wasn't a 4chan solo-op though (unlike anon vs Oprah). Several independent communities were on it, running a javascript to automate voting.

Very funny though.
Using iMacro for Firefox, you can leave it looping for ever, it clicks the 3 buttons on a macro Ran it over 9000 times myself overnight, he better bloody win now
For crying out loud....this convinces me that the people voting for this, never lived through the horror of the 80's.

It's like voting for the James Allen ahead of Murray Walker........IT'S JUST WRONG!!!!!
But if he wins his shitty song will Rick Roll the world!!11oneonenumbernumber##

Though I can see him not winning anyway, something will happen which means U2 will walk away with it.
I voted, if only to stop f***ing U2 getting it.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I voted, if only to stop f***ing U2 getting it.

I voted for U2, just to stop F*****g Rick getting it.
Who cares about some mtv awards anyway? It's like they could give the awards to the most sold artist/record without any of this voting... kinda like the oscars. Btw. Wonder how many oscars someone like Steven Seagull would have if his movies would have sold more? typoed seagal on purpose
Quote from Crashgate3 :I voted, if only to stop f***ing U2 getting it.

thats the best reason to vote anyone but U2....what a bunch of tosspots they are, especially Bono
None of those other acts even come close to deserving the title "Best Act Ever". I would be so happy if the internet won, and they Rick Rolled the whole event, because the people at MTV badly need a Rick Roll.
Hoax? "You got Rick Rolled!"?
Voted
Site doesn't seem to work properly in Firefox 3? Having to use IE else the menus ignore my clicks.

Best act ever? That's a genuine double-you-tee-eff moment. Two manufactured blonde bimbos, a one hit wonder, a band I've never even heard of, a reasonable (if uninspiring) rock band, and the only genuinely interesting band in the list haven't made good music for 11 years. The list is such a joke it deserves to be thoroughly rick rolled.

And that little rant was my 9000th post. Scary stuff indeed.

Edit: Oh, just, no. The rock list is even worse. 3 jokes, one I've never heard of, and a once awesome band on the comeback. :|

Edit again: one plus side, that Katy Perry bird has nice tits...
Quote from Bob Smith :And that little rant was my 9000th post. Scary stuff indeed.

Oh dear. That is scary Maybe this is a sign of something?
I'm guessing the not heard of one are Tokio Hotel, Bob.

You don't want to hear their stuff - think German MCR but even more depressing and cliched.
#19 - wark
wtf is the point if you can vote as many times as you like?
Quote from wark :wtf is the point if you can vote as many times as you like?

Because it's designed for the fast-paced radical MTV generation yo!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Using iMacro for Firefox, you can leave it looping for ever, it clicks the 3 buttons on a macro Ran it over 9000 times myself overnight, he better bloody win now

Play (Loop) currently going on.
Sooner or later those tools at MTV will announce that Rick Ashley's votes have been "spammed by hackers" and disqualify him.
If it was organised by 4chan, I'd have expected Gary Glitter rather than Rick Astley
Quote from Crommi :Sooner or later those tools at MTV will announce that Rick Ashley's votes have been "spammed by hackers" and disqualify him.

If that's the case, I suggest everyone who did spam votes complains that without people like them he'd never have been back in the spotlight in the first place
This is EPIC!

It would be great to have this happening.

Epic Rickroll
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG