The online racing simulator
World sauna championships
(61 posts, started )
#2 - !RAM!
Woah...some people experienced first degree burns ;o!!!

Longest i've beein in a sauna for is about 4 minutes but that was under 110 degrees Celcius
Meh...

Somewhere around 75 centigrade's warm enough for me. Above that it isn't relaxing anymore.
Max 75 to me. But 110C... huh
18 mins of Le Sauna
I've been upto 90 degrees celcius for a little while but that? Daaaamn!
Haven't measured the temperature before, but I've easily spent 30 mins at a time in the Sauna. Must've been 70-80 degrees, I'd just freak at 110
Am I right in thinking you're not meant to sit in there for ages, just for 5 minutes or so, then jump under a cold shower for 10 seconds, then back in for 5 minutes, then back under the shower etc.

I have a couple of friends in Finland and that's what we did when we visited anyway. Once we'd finished and got out, I've never felt so relaxed in my entire life.

I do know it's pronounced 'sow-na' not sor-na' like most people say it here
My maximum what I have been in sauna is ~95 degrees celcius, on my friend's sauna. On other saunas I haven't been on that high temperatures, 80 maybe. How "wet" the air is in the sauna has a big meaning on how hot it feels, on dryer saunas it feels more hot. But also if it is too wet I get bored and frustrated because I cant get high "peak" enough after throwing water to the stove.

Usually the first time on sauna is just getting it warmer enough by "beating" the water as much as it is needed, whit fast pace. It usually takes ~10 minutes, after that a short cold shower or even better a swim on the lake. Then some 5 to 10 minutes "sessions" and always something cold between.

Usually it is 30 to 40 minutes overall, but on good, a bit drunken days I have been there like 3 hours overall...

I'm not usually a special "hot master" with my friends, but when I get a bit taste of alcohol (best is a bit of vodka, or something with 40%) I'm usually the last sitting on the sauna beating more water to the stove until I ran out of the water.

Cold beer after sauna is the best.

Your sauna session isn't a success if your skin is not red all over.

I love sauna, but I think that the best moment and the real meaning is the über relaxed feeling afterwards.
Quote from BigPeBe :How "wet" the air is in the sauna has a big meaning on how hot it feels, on dryer saunas it feels more hot.

Errrr... it´s the other way around. The more humid the air is, the hotter it feels.
Quote from Kalev EST :Errrr... it´s the other way around. The more humid the air is, the hotter it feels.

That's how it is said when talking about weather etc. I dunno why, but it feels seriously hotter in sauna when it is dryer.
And I thought we were average..

Our normal weekly sauna is ~95 Celsius, the maximum i've been in is 110, and it really wasn't that hot.

My brother, who is 9, goes at 100 Celsius into the Sauna for fairly many minutes too.

And for the Sauna to be pleasant at such high temperatures, three things are required - good ventilation, lots of water in you, lots of water in the air (dry water is just awful)

@Kalev - I understand the water makes it pleasant, but it can't be too hot - e.g when you throw water on the stones, it turns into HOT STEAM, but aftwer a while it will get cooler and it will be pleasant.
In which countries is sauna-use widespread then?

I knew Finland, Norway and Sweden, but I had no idea they were popular in Estonia. It makes sense, as Estonia is very close, but I didn't know until this thread.
I guess it isn't as popular as in finland, but it is very popular

Quote from Wikipedia :In Finland, Estonia and Latvia, the sauna is an ancient custom

Well, Sauna is a Finnish word, so the Finns should own that series but a Swedish guy won. This isn't good :|
only 110C, too little. i regularry use 90-100, yesterday had 100 C. my best is 120-130C, tht is really hot, hurts to ur breething even if u dont throw any water, and when u throw water than it hurts the whole body
Funny.. I always thought sauna was a necessary part of a house. Just like a bathroom or a shower. How can one live in a house without it?
Quote from batteryy :only 110C, too little. i regularry use 90-100, yesterday had 100 C. my best is 120-130C, tht is really hot, hurts to ur breething even if u dont throw any water, and when u throw water than it hurts the whole body

Do you have an ejection seat if you feel you're passing out or if you start smelling roasted internal organs?
China has but loads of these at most massage places and theirs 6 of them in my district bit dodgy tho no temp things ill have to take a temp thing( i cant spell it so i wont try) with me and see how hot it is. but i know at the hot springs i go to on the weekends the water is hot in one pool and cold in the other and they make you get in one for 5 mins get into the sauna then out into the cold after 10 mins into the cold then you have a full body scrub (exfoliating) then get a massage then sit in a steam room for 30 mins
Quote from Paranoid Android :Do you have an ejection seat if you feel you're passing out or if you start smelling roasted internal organs?

no, simple answer. i have sauna where i can get out and i know when to stop(when you cant keep yourself standing straight) after that cold shour is the best and drinking smthing
Quote from batteryy :only 110C, too little. i regularry use 90-100, yesterday had 100 C. my best is 120-130C, tht is really hot, hurts to ur breething even if u dont throw any water, and when u throw water than it hurts the whole body

Now that's a man.

To those that don't know, it's a tradition to jump into cold water right after leaving the hot room. A lot of saunas are built into lakes with one side.
Quote from Lible :Now that's a man.

To those that don't know, it's a tradition to jump into cold water right after leaving the hot room. A lot of saunas are built into lakes with one side.

u shuold try something close to 120, it aint really as bad as it may sound like. but there is one problem tho, can your ass take the heat of dryed wood what been almoust half an hour on 120C. thats basically whats the meanest part of being on that heat.sometimes it kinda feals good to take lots of heat in sauna
Quote from LFSn00b :If you mean that video, the finnish guy won.

Let me what it again I'm sure I heard him speaking Swedish, and I'm sure his second name was 'sson. Oh, he was speaking Finnish but his name is definately Swedish, Bjarn Hermansson or something like that
Quote from BlueFlame :Let me what it again I'm sure I heard him speaking Swedish, and I'm sure his second name was 'sson. Oh, he was speaking Finnish but his name is definately Swedish, Bjarn Hermansson or something like that

:hide:mayeb hes acting finnish, hes really swed but wanted finns to win. or his mom and dad were swedish but he isnt
Quote from batteryy ::hide:mayeb hes acting finnish, hes really swed but wanted finns to win. or his mom and dad were swedish but he isnt

If his parents are Swedish, then his is too. Just like if his two parents were black, he would be black too, you can't fake it! :P

(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG