The online racing simulator
Di Grassi lined up for Renault seat
Well looks like Pique didn't impress anyone, not me you or bosses of Renault so for the next year we got new rookie in Renault seat.

We have to admit that Pique had hard job against Alonso, but take a look how Hamilton deal with that last year

Althought this is not final since Alonso is like still hoping to get in better team witch unfortunately won't happen as the situation is now, but if he stays in Renault Pique has no place there, so ether he can go to Torro Rosso, or test for someone. But going to Torro Rosso isn't bad as they are really fast atm, but that might change for next season :/

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71030

More about Lucas find here: http://www.lucasdigrassi.com.br/eng_lucas.php
Looks like talented Brazilian
#2 - JJ72
hm my impression of di grassi is pretty similiar to piquet.
I think Di Grassi will do better than Piquet.

I thinkn Piquet's MAJOR downfall was his own pre-season hype. Did he say that what Hamilton did was nothing special? Also didn't his oldman say he NEEDS to beat Alonso or somehting along those lines.

He failed to live up to them and it all started going from bad to worse.
I think Piquet's problem throughout the season has been that he is a crap racing driver.

I dont know anything of this new guy, but I can hardly see any change of driver would be a downgrade for Renault. Even our very own Tristan Cliffe could do better and he spins on straights ;P.
Quote from JJ72 :hm my impression of di grassi is pretty similiar to piquet.

+1

If Alonso really leaves and they have Piquet and Di Grassi for next year, I don't predict a very successful year for Renault.
He was pretty anonymous in GP2 this year. Potential F1 champions don't get beaten by Pantano...
But wasn't Piquet only like fourth in gp2 after Rosberg, Kovalainen and Shot Speed?
Quote from hyntty :But wasn't Piquet only like fourth in gp2 after Rosberg, Kovalainen and Shot Speed?

Is Piquet a potential F1 champion?
Quote from hyntty :But wasn't Piquet only like fourth in gp2 after Rosberg, Kovalainen and Shot Speed?

You shouldn't use GP2 as a measuring block of talent. When money is such a huge factor in getting a good car and team what you see on track isn't the full story. Hence why Torro Rossi have invested in Beumi over what it appears Senna.
Quote from thisnameistaken :He was pretty anonymous in GP2 this year. Potential F1 champions don't get beaten by Pantano...

Ah, don't forgot Di Grassi missed the first 6 rounds, by which point both Senna and Pantano had scored 24 points - Di Grassi only finished 13 behind Pantano at the end!
Quote from thisnameistaken :He was pretty anonymous in GP2 this year. Potential F1 champions don't get beaten by Pantano...

Yeah, lets just conveniently forget the fact that Di Grassi missed part of the season and scored most points per weekend (9,0) vs Pantano (7,6 points per weekend).
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Yeah, lets just conveniently forget the fact that Di Grassi missed part of the season and scored most points per weekend (9,0) vs Pantano (7,6 points per weekend).

Also, seeing how a little more anonymity on track would have been a great improvement for Piquet, Renault might actually like the fact that Di Grassi wasn't sticking out all that much and just collecting points like no other.

There doesn't seem to be the one overwhelming candidate in GP2 this season. Grosjean looked promising after GP2 Asia, but didn't live up to the expectations, due to not being consistent enough. He is a great driver, though and overtakes like no other in GP2 at the moment, but he might not be ready, yet. Same with Senna and many others. Why STR should be interested in Buemi, I really don't know. As far as I could tell, he hasn't done anything special throughout the season.
I like Di Grassi, he's probably the best driver we have from the "new generation" (and probably the last, since we only got crap stock cars now). He did a great GP2 season and wasn't in a top team (or was?).

There's Senna as well, but I don't think he's "ready", so to speak. I mean he has potential, but can you put a guy that has been racing for 4 years in F1?

PS: Piquet's problem might come from the fact he has always raced for his father. Renault was the first time, if I'm not mistaken, he's on his own. You can say his name put him where he is now, wich seems to be the opposite of Bruno Senna.
He deserves a shot at F1, he would have dominated GP2 if he had started from the first race instead of missing the first 3.
Di Grassi was the best on this year's GP2 grid.

IMHO, he's way better than Piquet Jnr. Di Grassi is successful on his own merits, rather than his father's name and wallet.

3rd this year in GP2 despite only racing in 7 of 10 rounds!
Pantano: 4 wins, 7 podiums, 76 points, 20 races (3.8pt per race)
Senna: 2 wins, 6 podiums, 64 points, 20 races (3.2pt per race)
Di Grassi: 3 wins, 6 podiums, 63 points, 14 races (4.5pt per race)

And he beat Robert Kubica at Macau GP in 2005.

Quote from Intrepid :Also didn't his oldman say he NEEDS to beat Alonso or somehting along those lines.

Piquet made an ass of himself by saying he didn't need his father to get to F1, and that he'll be challenging Alonso.

His father said (back in Jnr's British F3 days) that he makes too many mistakes. "To be someone in F1, you can't make mistakes". Of course those days are long gone, but Piquet doesn't seem to have matured much since then.

Who knows, Piquet could be just struggling with the car. He's talented, no doubt. But perhaps he isn't talented enough in comparison to the other "young guns".
I think You need to look at drivers who get soo far with such Little experience they are a true deffinition of talent(thats how we get drivers like Vettel and kimi).

I think Di grassi will be okay better then piquet, but he will still have no chance if put agianst alonso, but thats only logical.

Hamilton was a rookie in 07 but he was nearlly fully devoped by the time he got to f1, he could of got into F1 at around 19 like Vettel but he would be in same situation as him.
#17 - JJ72
I think Di Grassi was impressive back in F3, but by the track record of things I can't say he is definitely better than Piquet, look at his competition this year....Pantano - a F1 reject, Senna - I always thought he is progressing too fast for his true credit. He is good for sure but everyone isn't successful until proven in F1.

Piquet was impressive in F3 and GP2 none the less, and he had tougher competition in Lewis. (and in 2006 has beaten Di grassi, pantano, timo glock, premat and the lot)

so in short, too early to tell. And I think all brazilian drivers need a coupe years of struggling before they can be consistently competitive, to go from having raw speed to being a complete racing driver.
Di Grassi won Macao beating Kubica 2005, didn't he?
Loved that race.

Di Grassi was clearly GP2's best this year. I'm just
not quite sure if this shows us how good he is or
how incapable the rest of field was.

What's quite funny is that I hate Piquet's guts mostly
since he wrecked di Grassi in some Kart Event in Brazil
like an arrogant Blackwood-Noob leading Michael Schumacher
to win that event.
Quote from JJ72 :I think Di Grassi was impressive back in F3, but by the track record of things I can't say he is definitely better than Piquet, look at his competition this year....Pantano - a F1 reject, Senna - I always thought he is progressing too fast for his true credit. He is good for sure but everyone isn't successful until proven in F1.

Piquet was impressive in F3 and GP2 none the less, and he had tougher competition in Lewis. (and in 2006 has beaten Di grassi, pantano, timo glock, premat and the lot)

so in short, too early to tell. And I think all brazilian drivers need a coupe years of struggling before they can be consistently competitive, to go from having raw speed to being a complete racing driver.

Do we have a potential F1 champ in JJ72? (read the bold writing)
#20 - JJ72
don't get it

LOL!
one factor that may help or hinder him is that next years cars are to the new regs so everyone will be out of their comfort zone to a certain extent, obviously the experienced drivers will be more familiar with most aspects of the cars but they will all have to find the new limits and charecteristics of the cars handling under differing circumstances.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG