The online racing simulator
Upsidedown car speed bug
(13 posts, started )
Upsidedown car speed bug
So I flipped my car (XFG, if it matters) beside the edge of a track, right beside the wall. The drive wheels were still spinning, and the speedometer was showing some speed. I turned the wheels so they rubbed against the wall, and they stopped with the speedometer showing 0, and the engine stopping. Everything is fine up to this point. Now, I turned the wheels back to normal so they weren't touching the wall, and they magically sped up again to the speed they were at before, the speedometer was at the speed it was before. Keep in mind that the engine was off at this point.
wind? or... hmm...
Wind? Bloody strong wind for a simulation. Tis a bit odd but hey, its a simulation, it can't be 100% to reality. I gotta wonder why too. Bet you didn't save a replay!
How much speed?

auto clutch + a higher gear? That would probably start the tire spinning again.
Probably not with the engine off
Post a replay
When you flip the car, you prolly could spin the tires, but the speed should be at 0 when its not touching the ground....
#9 - Gunn
I have experienced this weird behaviour recently too. Pretty much the same story except the car was nowhere near a wall. Engine off and still the speedo shows high speed unless the brakes were applied. Not that I think it really needs 'fixing', it's a very minor issue.
I would of thought if the correct wheel is spinning then it would show a speed. Last time I replaced a speedo cable it was a little like this

Speedo attached to speedo cable, speedo cable attached to speedo drive and speedo drive attached to one hub/wheel. So if that one wheel turns the speedo would show a speed. Am I correct?

If your engine is not running it doesn't mean your wheel isn't turning. I have noticed tho, with the ignition off and the car in gear, it rolls like its not in gear. Is it simulated as having the clutch down when the engine is off?
#11 - Gunn
I should have added that when I released the brake, the wheels began spinning again. It's not about the speedo.
OK, yeah, that is odd. I want to flip a car now just so I can see for myself, only out of curiosity!
I have the strange problem Gunn mentioned, so odd though.

Upsidedown car speed bug
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG