The online racing simulator
My first experiences..
(20 posts, started )
My first experiences..
Well, I always really wanted this game very bad, but I had a problem as I don't have a creditcard. But well, as I'm a mod on another site where we had a contest who was the best crew member, I became 2nd and I won a game of my own choice. I chose LFS S2.

Now I can drive all those cars I'm seriously in love. I own a lot of other so called sims, and some people may recognize my game from sites dedicated to these sims.. GTR2, GTL, GTR evolution, RBR, rFactor. But well this is in fact one of the first times I really get the feeling I'm driving a car. However the cars in GTR evo are quite well, and their tyremodel has improved a lot.

But well, now this game, I can finally really drift the car around a corner, you can see and feel the setup differences, where in fopr example GTR2 etc it was less visible. The clutch has been modelled very well, cause in the other games you can shift without the clutch easily. And last but not least, finally the steering wheel IN the car can rotate the same degrees as my wheel. I especially love the XR GT Turbo it drives smooth, you can drift it around corners.. Wow...

I only have a problem with my wheel that the force feedback sometimes disappears for a short while.. But I think that my wheel overheating.. Not sure.. Never had it in another game. It's a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo bèta wheel.. I guess they've taken it out of the retail version.

Wish I had this game earlier. LFS IS GREAT:auto:
Heartwarming.
#3 - exer
so, ur not virgin anymore? :d
Quote from exer :so, ur not virgin anymore? :d

:uglyhamme Well maybe I put it wrong, about the 'experiences' but hey, I just love this game :P. And yes, I did the game, so I'm not a virgin anymore
Quote from Gaiajohan ::uglyhamme Well maybe I put it wrong, about the 'experiences' but hey, I just love this game :P. And yes, I did the game, so I'm not a virgin anymore

Body fluid in your Fanatec might explain the loss of FFB due to shortcircuiting...

I'm off ...
Quote from Zen321 :Body fluid in your Fanatec might explain the loss of FFB due to shortcircuiting...

I'm off ...

and i fall off my chair laughing, congrats!
Quote from Gaiajohan :Well, I always really wanted this game very bad, but I had a problem as I don't have a creditcard. But well, as I'm a mod on another site where we had a contest who was the best crew member, I became 2nd and I won a game of my own choice. I chose LFS S2.

Now I can drive all those cars I'm seriously in love. I own a lot of other so called sims, and some people may recognize my game from sites dedicated to these sims.. GTR2, GTL, GTR evolution, RBR, rFactor. But well this is in fact one of the first times I really get the feeling I'm driving a car. However the cars in GTR evo are quite well, and their tyremodel has improved a lot.

But well, now this game, I can finally really drift the car around a corner, you can see and feel the setup differences, where in fopr example GTR2 etc it was less visible. The clutch has been modelled very well, cause in the other games you can shift without the clutch easily. And last but not least, finally the steering wheel IN the car can rotate the same degrees as my wheel. I especially love the XR GT Turbo it drives smooth, you can drift it around corners.. Wow...

I only have a problem with my wheel that the force feedback sometimes disappears for a short while.. But I think that my wheel overheating.. Not sure.. Never had it in another game. It's a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo bèta wheel.. I guess they've taken it out of the retail version.

Wish I had this game earlier. LFS IS GREAT:auto:

Glad your liking it....LFS does have that something about it for sure. Your wheel is fine, LFS has just taken the FFB to another level, if you cook your engine it sets your wheel on fire, well we want realism right.
Love the tangent this thread has taken, but as with the post above, back to the topic, I can see where your coming from. I only just got my S1 and I am truly in love with LFS again. I always did like it, demo was getting a tad boring though. Yeah, I lost my LFS virginity too.... wait, does it count if im only S1? Did I only go half way?
Quote from Psysim :Did I only go half way?

1st base.

I enjoy LFS. Not played online yet, I need to get a mic first.
Quote from Mikey Monkfish :I enjoy LFS. Not played online yet, I need to get a mic first.

This could be a silly question! What do you need a mic for? There is no VOIP even though I wish there was.
Many people use Ventrilo or Teamspeak. However, I don't see why you would need a microphone before going online.
Quote from zeugnimod :Many people use Ventrilo or Teamspeak. However, I don't see why you would need a microphone before going online.

Ah, ok, I never looked into Teamspeak and obviously missed Ventrilo. Seems you answered a blank for me, thanks. I will look into this as I have a mouse(cuts off while typing in LFS) and find it hard to reply while driving. Don't bother with the mic, your missing alot of fun over something kind of trivial, and really, I didn't know about it so its not like it made a difference here!
Ahh, I'd assumed LFS used VoIP like Forza does. Being able to chat to those you are racing with is good, mostly because you can let people know where you are and what you are doing, but also because you can hurl a tirade of abuse at some numbnuts that just wiped you out.
Quote from Mikey Monkfish :Ahh, I'd assumed LFS used VoIP like Forza does.

No, there is no such thing in LFS.

There is "only" the in-game chat at the top left corner. You can type something yourself by pressing "T".
Quote from Mikey Monkfish :because you can hurl a tirade of abuse at some numbnuts that just wiped you out.

I suppose that is one way to look at it, I would like to think that these tools were more so that you could be respectful and say sorry for wiping someone out rather than for hurling abuse.... but what ever floats your boat I suppose.
#17 - SamH
Quote from Psysim :I suppose that is one way to look at it, I would like to think that these tools were more so that you could be respectful and say sorry for wiping someone out rather than for hurling abuse.... but what ever floats your boat I suppose.

/me pins Psysim down.. Nurse, Iocosum.. 20mg.. NOW!
Quote from SamH :/me pins Psysim down.. Nurse, Iocosum.. 20mg.. NOW!

Coming doctor!
They have in-race voice chat in iRacing and I have it turned off like many others, there is nothing worse than listening to someone gibbering when you're trying to race and worse when the inevitable argument brews
I can see how it would get annoying, some people would probably talk too much. I can't knock it too hard myself as I have not tried it. At some point I guess there would also be some fool trying to provide unwanted entertainment by placing the mic next to his speakers. Could be more helpful to be able to mute chosen users?

My first experiences..
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG