The online racing simulator
Ive got teammates who can put in high 17s legally who brake at about the 60-70 mark, but regardless of that, i think your misunderstanding the reason for the penalty (or at least what i suspect its actually for).
On the outlap you shouldnt be anywhere which influences someones flying lap, you cant expect someone on a flying lap to come off the racing line into the first corner and compromise their lap. The problem is that your driver didnt get well out of the way and let the driver drive his line, not take avoiding action for someone coming out of the pitlane.
As i say, if they braked late is probably cos they're distracted by your car being somewhere it technically shouldnt be and what action to take to avoid you, which they shouldnt have to think about. If the same happened in a race, it'd be their fault and in those circumstances i'd agree with you, but in qual your not allowed to interfere with someone elses lap, and unintentionally thats what happened.

Contact isnt/wasnt the issue (at least shouldnt be a deciding factor by my understanding of the rules) its the problem of interupting someone on their lap, the people on flying laps have a right to the racing line, they go where it suits them, and people on outlaps or failed flying laps are expected to keep well out of the way by whatever safe means necisarry, its 2 different rules for the 2 sessions, LFS even acknowledges it by removing Blue Flags once your on a flying lap.

Its not actually in the MoE rules, however its a general qualifying rule IRL and here, shouldnt need writing down though really.
Quote from Dragonmen :Not to add more into it, but it is not like you have lost some excellent split for you guys to be angry on us...

Ah, but they lost 2+ minutes from a very short qualifying session (most teams only managed 4-5 laps, of which 2-3 at most were valid), which is perhaps more frustrating.
If someone misses brake point for 50m under explanation that it is because of the driver in front, in my book that is... well... not so good driving skills.

Maybe the driver should speak up for himself why he broke 50m later, for me it would be interesting to hear it so we all know it...

For me this is case closed... but stick to the same ruling in the future, when someone reopens this case...
yeah, i wouldnt disagree with that, if they cant cope with a car popping out of the pitlane and needing to pass them on the inside of a corner its not looking great, but i think its more a case of the person just wondering WTF is going on, he'd started a lap with clean air so he wouldnt get people in his way and then your car popped up on the line he wanted to be on, technically he shouldnt have to deal with out-lap traffic and probably waited and waited expecting the situation to be resolved by your driver, as he isnt the one expected to act, your driver was, and he partly lost focus (possibly because of frustration?) and missed his brake point.
IMO he was technically impeeded before the 150m marker let alone 100, 50 or on any contact, whatever happened at the 150m mark was always going to have a negative result on his lap whether he made a clean move down the inside or followed you through the corner, therefor it was effectively ruined. It was the situation more than the outcome which shouldnt have happened, he shouldnt have been put in a situation where he needed to do anything other than focus on his lap, so in my understanding of racing rules your driver unintentionally impeeded someone from doing a clean timed lap.
Quote from Dragonmen :If someone misses brake point for 50m under explanation that it is because of the driver in front, in my book that is... well... not so good driving skills.

First i stayed out of this discussion because i though the admins decision was enough proof.

1. I would not protest for nothing, it was a protest made after looking at replay and coming to a decision. It was a bad move from your side and a very easy situation to avoid by just going to the inside of the corner when you got the blue flag at the 300m mark going about 180km/h at the same time when i'm coming 240km/h approx 100m behind you.

2. Your driver decides to drive ON the racing line constantly accelerating and showing no signs of even noticing the driver behind, . When im on the 150m sign, i'm behind 40m of your car and soon entering your draft. On my breaking point im about a car length away from and already of course in your draft. Concidering the fact that your driver had already let go of the throttle at the same point your driver was not more than 1m away from the racing line.

3. Who are you to decide where i brake? have you consulted the replay for my braking points during other laps? i brake at approx 60-70m, for proof look at replay. During that lap yes i breaked late but that was because i was distracted by a car not more than a car length away from me on the breaking spot.

4. i dident loose a split but in theory i lost about 5mins of a short quali session because of outlaps, the one on the lap the incident happened and the next. And yes that is even more frustrating than a split.

5. The main reason why i came up and wrote my view of the situation in this thread is because i dident like the way you put the blame of the incident on my side. When it was obvious i had done nothing wrong.

hope this clears up the incident alittle bit and explains why i reported the incident.

/38. J. Mäkelä
I'll stay away from any more talking on this subject despite that there are some untrue "facts" you gave on your post...

I already said sorry on behalf of my team, we will not have bad feeling about this and I hope you too will not have it.

See you on track...
#32 - arco
Can todays qualifying be watched on remote?
i believe so...?

If not, just watch the live timing thing from LFSW (Click the i button)
#34 - arco
It's not connected to the insim relay atm.
Fix it!
#36 - arco
Hello Admins! Wake Up!
there are none, thats the problem
#38 - arco
Geez! Off to a great start this...
Sorry guys, Appie's at work and I am too, and anyway I've never handled the relay. Not much we could do here. Must have gotten disconnected due to a server restart or some such.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sorry guys, Appie's at work and I am too, and anyway I've never handled the relay. Not much we could do here. Must have gotten disconnected due to a server restart or some such.

I can do the relay for u.
It'll be fixed before the race, don't worry.

On an unrelated note, there was a problem saving the GT1 Q2 replay. Can any GT1 driver upload it for us, please?
i gather jonesy has got GT1, so hopefully will have it up in maybe 5min and GT2s with it
dun worry, I've got it. uploading as we speak.
i've got the GT2, i'll upload it as soon as i check for cutting.
Q2 results added to OP.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG