The online racing simulator
Ecci Trackstar 6000gts
(9 posts, started )
Ecci Trackstar 6000gts
#2 - ORION
I dont know anyone who has bought one of the ecci wheels, maybe it's because it has no force feedback?
lol 1000$ and no FF? gameport goodness, hail my 6 year old msff, and spiderX for being so kind to give it away.
orion probably a good reason but read this

At ECCI, our position is that force feedback steering wheel effects in racing simulations are purely gaming effects and do not reflect a real world experience. Although they may be of some use to those who can read them, they most often are disruptive to control for someone relying on their real world driving instincts. Drawing on real world racing experience, we at ECCI understand that tire feedback and vehicle collision effects do not primarily manifest themselves in steering wheel reactions. ECCI's Monopoint cam resistance system was developed to allow the sim racer to drive intuitively through a completely fluid, seamless interface.

ECCI's Monopoint-II is the latest version of this system. A camshaft precisely governs steering resistance at every wheel angle. Friction is completely eliminated because the entire mechanism is ball-bearing suspended. Every impulse is immediately translated into control input.

Luc
#5 - ORION
yep... I guess it might be a good idea to take a look at the speed7 stuff if you have the money

[EDIT]
in LFS, the force feredback is only the force that is actually present on the drivetrain. There are no jiggling and whatever effects, it's just what you'd feel in a real car
(what you feel relative to the cars movement - of course you cant simulate bumps on the road with the wheel, thus you should take a look at forcedynamics and such )
other games may use "canned" FF effects but in this forum i think everyone knows how LFS does it, and why its the best out there IMO. anyway for 1000$ even if you are rich thats a waste of money...i could build my own cockpit with that and get some decent pedals a nice seat and maybe a shifter. i dunno much about these high priced wheels but i bet its alot better to get something like a dfp or momo and use custom pedals like frexx or brd, check over at RSC they have forums for each brand here
#7 - fnac
I own an ECCI 6000 system for 2 years.
I would say that the best added value of it is the pedals.
the feeling is so close to real race car pedals!
the heavy weight of pedals provides a very accurate 'feedback' of the actual position.
much better than speed7 pedals for example.
regarding the wheel, I think the feeling is great too. the passive hydraulic system mimics a real powersteer and provides great precision.
of course some feedback on front drive load is still missing.
I dont miss vibrations and the like, but feeling when you loose the front would be a true enhancement.
anyway its a great system.
is the price right or not, mainly depends on how much you are ready to invest in your simulator.
do you want the best parts whatever the price, or do you want the best price/quality ratio?
WRs are usually not achieved with best in class devices, and dont expect to become an alien with such system. however you will probably gain in consistency, on long league races for examples.
its a good choice for sure, especially in the long term. this system can probably last a decade without problem, just think to change pots.
merci fnac
comme je peux te parler en francais sa va etre plus facile.
présentement jai un LOGITECH WINGMAN FORMULA FORCE GP
et il est due pour être changer.
ya aussi le Act Labs Force RS Racing System je peux trouver usager
mais devrai-je attendre le nouveau Act??????
Pour le 6000GTS c'est quand même assez cher mais bon ya rien
de mauvais qui vaut cher de nos jours......
donne mois ton avis je suis un maniac .. jai live for speed
gt legends need for speed under under2 most.. most black..
gt4 sur ps2 jen mange tu comprends?

le act ma tomber dans l'gout vu son prix probable de 100$ et moins...use
je joue pas online car mon wingman prend un eterniter a se calibrer
sa prends 2 ou 3 tour pour venir bien puis tout a coup plus rien ffb
resistance rien.................... je vien fou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
il me faut un volant au plus torvis!@#$%?&*()

Merci
Luc Landry
well I was following this thread until it went all french o well.

SD.

Ecci Trackstar 6000gts
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG