The online racing simulator
Round 5 Post-Race Discussion
Yep ! It's done ! Three rounds to go (If I counted right) ! EDIT: (J@tko) - two rounds to go :P

d
I failed epicly.

Had some great battles with J@tko, though. 8th ain't bad for my first league race ever!
wahh best race ever
well done jelinek
had no grip at all after SC
I hit the tyre wall at the end for no good reason, lost control of the car, broke my suspension and lost a potential 3rd place. I'd say I receive the "Idiot of the Race"-award for that one.

Also sorry for that bump at the start Yann.
Quote from Hypothraxer :I hit the tyre wall at the end for no good reason, lost control of the car, broke my suspension and lost a potential 3rd place. I'd say I receive the "Idiot of the Race"-award for that one.

Also sorry for that bump at the start Yann.

I hit those tyres too, after you thumped them onto the track! Spun, lost a place.
Quote from Timdpr :I hit those tyres too, after you thumped them onto the track! Spun, lost a place.

That was a different time I think. Sorry about that. I lost my concentration the longer the race went
#7 - J@tko
Quote from dekojester :Yep ! It's done ! Three rounds to go (If I counted right) !

d

Nope - epic fail :P

2 to go

Holy shit I came 4th!!! and it could have been 3rd!!!

Quali was awful, had no front end grip at all, started one but last. Decided to absolutely cane it for the first lap. Started 10th, finished lap 1 6th

Had some fantastic battles with chris and Yann, who managed to get past and get away.

Then I found that my 4th gear ratio was simply shocking - coming out the last corner I had no power at all. Then chris had a collision with the brazilian bloke (Calvin?) and went off. Then, well, congratulations to boothy for rolling a FBM And I also wish to hug you very very much. That brought out the SC, so the 30 second gap to the top 3 went down to zilch.

TBH I got a shit restart - yann got miles ahead of me, but i was miles ahead of the #616. Then I found that yann was soooo slow in a straight line, and I got pretty close to him. Then I started reeling off 58.5x, 0.8 seconds faster than my quali time

Then darryn made a mistake (I know - shock horror!!!) and I got past. Because of this, I couldnt attack yann any more and instead spent the last 3 laps just blocking darryn! I think i went a little too aggressive sometimes, but did well to keep him behind.

Thanks to chris for some fantastic racing, aswell to Calvin (?), and sorry to yann for maybe punting him off the road on lap 3.

Onwards to Blackwood RX, and yes, I think I might actually do rather well at this one - PB 1.10.3
Thanks to all for this round, that was a very clean and nice race. Actually I don't really remember the bump of the start, but don't worry David, we had a lot of contacts during these opening laps, that's a part of racing. I had some nice battles during this race, especially with J@kto. David and Darryn sent me a nice present during the last laps of the race : the 3rd place! Ah, thank you guys, that was kind...Anyway, can't wait for the replay of this race, I want to see how to roll a FBM.

See you all in R6, I really like rallycross. But actually I can't bear that "anti-cut" system, that automaticly gave me a penalty during practice just because i put 4 wheels on the grass....A LX layout would be clearly better.
Anyone got a replay? I forgot to save!

EDIT: Oh, okay. Curse my forgetfulness!
Replays are too big to upload here. They'll come soon

^ Ty to you too greybull
Thanks to all for great race. I had no free time for practice, so i went with baby only today two hours before race, but my times was very fast. In all probability because i had no ballast for this race .

In practice i had second, in quali i had second too and in race i had for long time second behind Fastwalker, which went own category race mile before me and others. But then safety car was on track and after restarting race Fastwalker had problem with tyres (probably).

At first i striked back attack from third and then, in last lap, in last corner i overtook inside Fastwalker and finished first.

But for SC, Fastwalker won at ease .

Petr CGY

P.S.: here are replays:
http://www.engross.cz/LFS/LFSBCR5_quali.zip
http://www.engross.cz/LFS/LFSBCR5_race.zip
Im actualy bit anoyed thow about That T alsomething guy that bumped me out
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Still I got tanked up, then I got molested twice at a foam party.

All in all a good night.

I think.
Chrisuu01 - It was 72 C.Aquino (calvinaquino) that bumped you out. It was wrong of him, but you could argue that you only had your front wheel level with his back wheel, meaning you should have backed off. You would never have overtaken him on that corner anyway.

Also, sorry for that tap near the start. If it's any consolatin, I lost a couple of places because of it!

P.S. Why were you addressing me in your post?
The following car did not have a compliant car livery for Round 5:

Car 666 (NikLaw) - Missing Number on Nose, on Left hand side Rear Wing Endplate, and on Right hand side Rear Wing Endplate.

WARNING - Please ensure Livery is compliant with stated car number positioning.
The following cars did not follow proper qualifying pitting procedures (telepitting/telepectating without permission) and will have the following penalites for Round 6:

Car 82 (fastwalker) - x2 - 4 Grid Spot Penalty
Car 111 (TJLRacing) - x1 - 2 Grid Spot Penalty
Car 222 (Chrisuu01) - x2 - 4 Grid Spot Penalty
I hereby certify that all cars passed technical inspection for proper Ballast and proper intake restrictions.
I saw race statistic.

JO53PHS is highest climbers (from 12 to 9).

CONGRATULATIONS !!
Quote from Petr CGY :I saw race statistic.

JO53PHS is highest climbers (from 12 to 9).

CONGRATULATIONS !!

:shhh: Second highest climber

Woot I was highest climber (well, to be expected tbh :P)

And I easily got highest top speed Ty for the draft greybull, and for the good fight.

Poor chris was stuck behind me for like 15 laps, he got past but then i just cut back on him and he was stuck behind me again.

It tried to do a mansell down the home straight behind greybull, but he had so much more front end grip that he went round the outside and still came out infront!
Quote from J@tko :
And I easily got highest top speed Ty for the draft greybull, and for the good fight.

Poor chris was stuck behind me for like 15 laps, he got past but then i just cut back on him and he was stuck behind me again.

It tried to do a mansell down the home straight behind greybull, but he had so much more front end grip that he went round the outside and still came out infront!

In fact I failed somewhere with my setup, because I had the worst top speed of the race.That's why you were on by gearbox every straight.

EDIT : Wow, Jelinek won it with only one lap led. Congrats man ! I watched the replay, that was really an awersome move on the very very last corner.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :In fact I failed somewhere with my setup, because I had the worst top speed of the race.That's why you were on by gearbox every straight.

EDIT : Wow, Jelinek won it with only one lap led. Congrats man ! I watched the replay, that was really an awersome move on the very very last corner.

i actually had more speed than him coming out of the last corner
dont know if i would have passed him, but it would have been alot closer if he didnt push me on the grass
@ Chrisuu01: My apolgies man. That was the last thing i wanted to happen in that race. (me causing an accident). After that i even tried to give you back the position..

But well it was the best race i ever had in lfs this year... I could be the highest climber if i didnt got disconnected (from 12 to 7 and catching the 6th) and i was using the baby setup with weak brakes and 30% fuel =D
Quote from Fastwalker :i actually had more speed than him coming out of the last corner
dont know if i would have passed him, but it would have been alot closer if he didnt push me on the grass

Well, that's motor-racing. We had a lot of contacts and tight passes yesterday with these cars, and I think that every racers were involved at least once in this sort of incident. Shame that it maybe costed you the victory. But at least, you collected 30 points in this race, so it's the same than Jelinek. Hope we'll see you next time, you were certainly the fastest guy of the two last events.
Your opinions please guys:

For the planned mini-FBM series - 45% or 40% restricion?

IMO the 45% cars are a tad slow

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG