The online racing simulator
LFS Server
(11 posts, started )
LFS Server
Me and a mate our trying to set our machines up as servers but can't. When each of us tries to connect to the other we get a message "ClientConnect : Can't connect". Anyone know why? We're sure we've got the correct ports open i.e. UDP and TCP 63392. Any ideas?
Anyone??
firewalls turned off on host machine?
or ports open on both firewall and router?
Quote from Gentlefoot :Me and a mate our trying to set our machines up as servers but can't. When each of us tries to connect to the other we get a message "ClientConnect : Can't connect". Anyone know why? We're sure we've got the correct ports open i.e. UDP and TCP 63392. Any ideas?

i have the same problem. i'm trying to set up a server, and i can't get connected to it either. i've opened 63392 TCP/UDP and 29339 TCP/UDP on my router (windows firewall disabled), and still have the same problem. only way i've been able to successfully connect to my server is if i set that computer up as the DMZ, which i don't partically care for.

But since it is working when the computer is set as the DMZ that leads me to believe that the required ports haven't been opened. So does anyone have any suggestions as to which additional ports need to be opened?
I have the same problem...No firewall, only a modem/router, correct ports open...
What is a Dmz?
Demilitarized Zone. Pointing this at your LAN IP is a pretty bad idea as all traffic which doesnt have a static route for is forwarded directly to your PC. It solves openning and forwarding port issues quickly, but leaves you with a big security hole.

glyphon, are you forwarding the ports to the correct LAN IP? Or are you possibly running LFS on an alternative port (this should be in the server settings)?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Demilitarized Zone. Pointing this at your LAN IP is a pretty bad idea as all traffic which doesnt have a static route for is forwarded directly to your PC. It solves openning and forwarding port issues quickly, but leaves you with a big security hole.

glyphon, are you forwarding the ports to the correct LAN IP? Or are you possibly running LFS on an alternative port (this should be in the server settings)?

all the computers on my network are setup with a static ip, assigned by its mac address, and the ports are being forwarded to the correct lan ip, and lfs is running on the standard port. and last night, no one could connect to my server even when it was setup as the DMZ. but when all this is happening, i don't have any problems connecting to existing servers.

so, i guess i need to figure out if there is a setting that i missed that's causing my router to block packets, even for DMZ (which by definition it shouldn't). I guess one night i'll have to take down my network and hook my computer straight up the the modem and see if that works.

if yes, router config. if no, i guess my isp is blocking it.

i've tried so many different configs, i've forgotten what i've tried. oh well, more testing...
Make sure to use "standard" IP ranges for your LAN, other connections are refused. More info here.
Just posted to say that my problem is solved...turns out it was a problem with my router configuration...Hadn't saved the settings properly...Thanks for the info though!
Quote from AndroidXP :Make sure to use "standard" IP ranges for your LAN, other connections are refused. More info here.

well, my network is setup on the 192.168.0.x range, which is a standard range. i didnt' get a chance last night to play around with my router settings, so that's a task for this weekend.

thanks for those helping me through this
Sounds as if theres another firewall internally, or the edge firewall (i.e. your router) hasnt applied its settings properly.

If you're running a router with custom firmware (which I suspect you maybe), or you're running a proper box as a DHCP / iptables / ISA server, then you might want to consider restarting it, and seeing if the settings stay. For example my WRT54G running DD-WRT freaks out every now and then, a good reboot normally sorts it - which is settable on a cron.

LFS Server
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG