The online racing simulator
Demolition Derby
(59 posts, started )
Demolition Derby
Heya, why isnt there any demolition derby server out there?
It's both fun and good when taking out agressions.

If there isn't one, anyone would like to start one with me?

Best Regards, Tim.
Join one of the BL Car Park demo servers, job done.
Quote from Minimaxman :Join one of the BL Car Park demo servers, job done.

I've done that but everyone gets SO pissed off ... Atleast when I tried xD
#4 - G!NhO
lfs bangers
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Is that a Demolition Derby server?

it is, doesnt the name "Bangers" mean anything ?
Quote from G!NhO :lfs bangers

Yes, Cap27's server is a kind of demo derby server, although it is run according to UK nataional banger racing rules, such as no wrong way during the race and no lossy hits (deliberately side barging someone else into the barriers is frowned upon, but pushing someone into the fence at the end of the straight/stationary hits are fine.) For more info check out the site. www.lfsbangers.forumup.co.uk or visit the server - -Lfs Bangers- -

also, Daz815's server is for bangers and crashing as well. The site is www.lfsbangers.co.uk and the server name is Lfs Banger Racing

Both of the above servers are case sensitive by the way.
Ok, thanks guys! I appriciate it.

Now I have somewhere to go when I'm kinda mad at something
Quote from Tim_J_23 :I've done that but everyone gets SO pissed off ... Atleast when I tried xD

That won't be that much different on a S2 banger server, though.
I laugh my ass off each time people start whining about crashing on a banger server. I mean, it's a bloody crash server you fools
occasionally we get drifters in the banger servers, and they get really peed off
LFS is for race man =). Is the best simulator, I don´t understand...=(
Quote from ErAri :LFS is for race man =). Is the best simulator, I don´t understand...=(

Well you need somewhere to take out agressions, right?
Quote from ErAri :LFS is for race man =). Is the best simulator, I don´t understand...=(

You ain't forced to race. It's not Scawen is forcing everyone to race.
exactly - if you don't like it don't race there
Another banger server that doesn't get used very often is GETWALLED Bangers. They have less rules than the other banger servers (no wrong way is the only one) and they use the TBO cars. Quite good when you get a few people in it, although they changed the layout from a figure 8 to an oval
Quote from DevilDare :doesnt the name "Bangers" mean anything ?

Sausages.

Destruction Derby style racing could be fun. It's a shame the cars don't deform and fall apart a bit more though.
Quote from DavidSco :Quite good when you get a few people in it, although they changed the layout from a figure 8 to an oval

It was only changed because there was a planned meeting that didn't go ahead that was going to be on the oval.
The layout should be changed back to the Figure 8 now.
EDIT: I've just checked and it's on the Fern Bay Rallycross, which is a bit strange for a banger circuit.
The best demolition derbies don't have autocross layouts, the blackwood carpark is the best arena we have, or the skidpan. The only rules should be when you are rolled you're out, if you can't move you're out, and if you end up outside of the fences, you're out.
The races on the layouts aren't really demolition derbies, though.

The main goal still is to finish first, you are just allowed to wreck other cars in the process.
I would love a proper arena demolition derby server, with the slower cars, and maybe an insim to detect when people are stopped for more than 30 seconds and spectate them.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would love a proper arena demolition derby server, with the slower cars, and maybe an insim to detect when people are stopped for more than 30 seconds and spectate them.

I was thinking of doing some sort of Destruction Derby League, where there would be a series of races and the last race of the league would be a demolition derby on the skidpad, like the original Destruction Derby game for PS1 / PC.
Quote from Jon606 :I was thinking of doing some sort of Destruction Derby League, where there would be a series of races and the last race of the league would be a demolition derby on the skidpad, like the original Destruction Derby game for PS1 / PC.

It's been done a few times, my favourite being the Get Wrecked series, not just because I designed lots of the tracks and actually won one of the series, but because it was great fun with everyone on teamspeak and you got penalties for not hitting cars.

Demolition Derby
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG