The online racing simulator
Crysis Warhead
(35 posts, started )
Crysis Warhead
um what can i say short and sweet even if it was weird and a pain and took 15gb of space, the graphics win every time lol

but 7 hours to finish on easy 2 days on medium hard is just suicide

lots of things fixed this time and it runs a hell of a lot smother then the last one.

anyone else played?
Not yet but I'm looking forward to it. To me Crysis was really an excellent game... I kept setting myself up for disappointment (bad word of mouth) but it never came- in fact the further I went into it, the more I enjoyed it. Sounds as if this new game is raising the bar again.
its basically the same uninspiring techdemo with more explosions
Quote from Shotglass :its basically the same uninspiring techdemo with more explosions

Kinda like iRacing.
I heard it was closer to 5 hours gameplay. Won't be buying this.
Quote from Dooonster :but 7 hours to finish on easy 2 days on medium hard is just suicide

If it's anything like Crysis difficulty wise, don't even bother starting it on anything other than "Delta". But even then, Crysis was really a bore to me really so I won't get this one.
The main plus point for me is it's much shorter than Crysis.

Crysis was Far Cry with prettier pictures - starts out well, then the aliens turn up and it degenerates quickly into boss-battle after boss-battle until you tire of firing eight million rounds at some near-invincible glowing tentacled thing and you go do something more interesting like running disk defragmenter.

The jungle bits were fun, and then there was hours of toss left to wade through. Far Cry all over again.
yes its like the old one but with some better fire power but the problem is that the darn aliens just keep re-spawning and the guns have only a limited amount of ammo!

i watched a video of the online mode for crysis and the fact that when you die you can just respawn and kill the guy that killed you makes me think its halo with better graphics and some better guns.

looks like a great physics game took a turn for the worse and it will just get worse i like the fact that it was alot of jungle scenes in this so you can crawl around in it and kill people slowly.

but as said its taking a turn for the worse but it was still fun and they fixed the crappy physics this time shooting a moving character actually hits them and the aliens die when you shoot them with the better guns in 4 5 hits so its a little better if you dont want to buy it download it.
Wont bother with new flavour crysis...got to the 1st alien ship thing in the first one and died of boredom shortly after.

Will however recommend The Witcher Enhanced Edition..(If you have the original you can download the updates for free!).. They ironed out 99% of the bugs, and it is now MORE than playable... Lots more gore, better dialog, and it doesnt take 3 years to save a game, only for your PC to crash immediately afterwards!
It also has a few new missions and a map editor, so well worth the £19 on Play.com (IF you havent already got it, then its well worth the download time for the extras!)
The bugs never really bothered me in the Witcher, it was the sort of stretched out gameplay -- the game just didn't feel concise enough for a singleplayer RPG. I loved everything else about it though.
I got the game one day before the official realease.The game is crashing at some random checkpoints(a lot of people are getting this issue) and didn't played since.Crysis Wars is running well & I'm playing it a lot.
Whoever has an ATI card try this custom config, took me weeks to get the right look in crysis i liked and this is the best one i could of come up with..... the mods are not mine but other peoples who i mixed and matched with.
Attached images
ScreenShot0000.jpg
ScreenShot0001.jpg
ScreenShot0002.jpg
Attached files
Crysis config.rar - 46 KB - 107 views
I quite enjoyed Crysis, despite hating it for a variety of reasons I found myself rather addicted to completing it, which was far too fast. I think it made a much better job of doing the aliens than Farcry but it was just too short. The multiplayer was far too long winded for me to bother trying properly. If Farcry 2 and CoD 5 are any good I can't see a shortened version of Crysis lasting very long.
I enjoyed it, very very short but lots of action for a budget price. The story's saying nothing tho, but I dont care.
Which one is keeping me behind Crysis is Crysis Wars, multiplayer, anyone playing online?
Nanosuit is something new in FPS multiplayer, especially here.
Already got lots of fun and for sure it has not ended yet.
i still maintain and nanosuit shit is done in halo all you are doing is playing NOOOBS halo thats better looking its got the same sort of guns different names but still nooooo good.

FPS that alows you to re-spawn = fun for 10 mins till somone gets the best gun..........................
Quote :it was just too short

I didn't find Crysis short in the least, which was a big complaint lots of people had. Crysis surprised me actually be how much there was in the game. It actually took me weeks to finish it, but I was playing on the hardest difficulty, and my play style isn't exactly run and gun. I just started playing Warhead last night, and with the difficulty on normal it feels way too easy, not challenging at all- you can easily take soldiers out from great distances and the AI basically just stands around waiting for you to drop them. I'm going to start over on hardest difficulty because normal feels terrible.
I'm dling this.. I heard this doesn't take so much from computer than the first crysis.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I didn't find Crysis short in the least, which was a big complaint lots of people had. Crysis surprised me actually be how much there was in the game. It actually took me weeks to finish it, but I was playing on the hardest difficulty, and my play style isn't exactly run and gun. I just started playing Warhead last night, and with the difficulty on normal it feels way too easy, not challenging at all- you can easily take soldiers out from great distances and the AI basically just stands around waiting for you to drop them. I'm going to start over on hardest difficulty because normal feels terrible.

Took me about a month of on and off playing of Crysis to 'finish', and I didn't even actually finish it.

I was in that monster tunnel thing just after you killed the guy who opened the hole, and this little tentacle thing was scaring me so I got rid of it
I completed the first one in delta dificulty just because I loved the graphics, but I don´t enjoy killing martians too much. Warhead is the same, and the graphics doesn´t surprise me now, so I am playing it but I don´t think I am going to finish it, I will get bored before that.
#21 - pipa
Crysis was good till you got to the alien level. That was just utter crap.

Anybody got a proper review of this one?
crysis got 90% reviews so theres no such thing as proper reviews anymore these days

that said this is just more of the same with a lot more explosions and a bit better storytelling
its somewhat enjoyable if you play it on easy pretending to be rambo (cheating and setting your punching strength to about 1000 helps a lot and makes the whole thing much more exciting)
I can't hav it
Attached images
nooooooo!.JPG
Quote from rc10racer :Whoever has an ATI card try this custom config, took me weeks to get the right look in crysis i liked and this is the best one i could of come up with..... the mods are not mine but other peoples who i mixed and matched with.

I had an issue on Crysis where the boxes in the little huts would like flash.. I'd have loved to have seen if this would have fixed it

Crysis Warhead
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG