The online racing simulator
Insim Request, for full contact game if possible
This may sound like an odd request. I have been driving on BL3 (CarPark) in a contact game. The object of the game was from restart, trying to crash into each other until there is one moving car remaining. The idea of "last man standing" was put into practice on the carpark. We had a rule that no pitting we aloud and that full contact was. I would like to know if there is any way an insim could be designed for this type of event. I am sure it would be hard or impossible to monitor when only one car remains moving. I am also sure its impossible to monitor who hits who and the result of it, im sure I read about it in another post. The current rules are:

1) Full contact permited from restart.
2) No pitting.
3) No restart until only one car remains in motion.
4) Game/Round over when only one car remains in motion.
5) Four wheels touching the ground (rolling excepted) or your out.

Maybe a very short idle timer to spectate for drivers who are out would help? I am expecting a big NO WAY from everyone, however I am open to ideas if anyone could come up with any. Did I mention this was an odd request?

Another idea that we had was for a game of tag, chasing one car until contact is made and then chasing another.
This could be done, and it was pretty well defined by your self! I think it's worthy. I would think someone might pick this up for you to kinda reward you for not making an half asrsed attempt at getting an addon.
Make sure you detect laggers, u can lag punch cars on purpose, which would ruin it.
Thank you both for the positive feedback. I will admit I had not started to consider lag and can see how this could ruin such a game.

The pitting, restarts and contact I myself am having trouble getting my head around. I have also considered a scenario, assuming only two cars are remaining in motion. If both cars are in a state where power has been compromised by damage, it could be a very long time to gain a win. I know its possible to establish how many cars are remaining on the track. Maybe a timer implemented when two cars remain would be a good idea, calling a draw after a set period of time.

A question has also come to mind, is there any way the angle of a car can be taken into consideration? My thoughts are, a car on its side or roof is out of the game. A car rolling over and landing on its wheels is still in motion and in the game.

I'll admit, during recent nights I have laid in bed thinking about this as an imsim, the possibilities, limitations and restrictions that it may have.
All this is possible...

For perfect precision you need to extract car value like Weigth, Size, ...

For angle, into a car park, simple angle of the car and is path, is good but for angle vs track path, need to extract track information, that is something I'm about todo... but don't know yet if i can release this.

I made a simple pre collision detection , who is checking and predict from the car braking range , if you gonna collide someone.

Your system is much simple, just get car size and coord and you know when they collide.

About the rest, all this must be fluid into the style that application will be done, if you look at drive_lfss, all this can be done very well but sure you have to code c#.

if you read c#
here is the link of the code I'm talking.
http://maya.aleajecta.com/trac ... unk/src/game/grid.cs#L102
http://maya.aleajecta.com/trac/dlfss/browser/trunk/src/game/grid.cs#L191

And look around you have other function that can be useful for you!
You're making it more complicated than needed Greenseed.

There is no need to detect if collision is imminent. He just wants to know who is last car "alive".

Just use car's speed to detect if someone can move. Just make it a rule that you need to be able to move faster than 10kph to be declared alive. But as you said, a stand off at this time might drag out. So like you said Psysim, a final shootout timer would help.

You cannot detect if a car is rolled in inSim (no roll or pitch angle is available) Doesn't look like outgage can either. Only car's horizontal direction and angle to path direction. Does carpark even have a path? I didn't think it did.

But doesn't matter because you dont need to detect if a car is rolled. If it's rolled, then it really can't drive, so the speed detect is enough to deem them 'dead'.

BTW inSim uses car speed not wheel speed. (which is what you need)
#7 - nikka
Quote from Psysim :This may sound like an odd request. I have been driving on BL3 (CarPark) in a contact game. The object of the game was from restart, trying to crash into each other until there is one moving car remaining. The idea of "last man standing" was put into practice on the carpark. We had a rule that no pitting we aloud and that full contact was. I would like to know if there is any way an insim could be designed for this type of event. I am sure it would be hard or impossible to monitor when only one car remains moving. I am also sure its impossible to monitor who hits who and the result of it, im sure I read about it in another post. The current rules are:

1) Full contact permited from restart.
2) No pitting.
3) No restart until only one car remains in motion.
4) Game/Round over when only one car remains in motion.
5) Four wheels touching the ground (rolling excepted) or your out.

It wouldnt be much work to modify the sumo insim app to do exactly what you want.. maybe a couple of nights work.
I'll look into it, but I'm a bit busy these days, so don't hold your breath.
JasonJ .. i told inside my last post! that what you needed was much simple and i pin pointed what he really needed in comparison of what I've done for pre collision!

i quote my self 2x
Quote :All this is possible...

Your system is much simple, just get car size and coord and you know when they collide.

i was including your car on the top.... How? found it your self!

Why do have have to repeat my self 2 time....

Last transmission outside my thread... see ya guys.
Quote from Greenseed :Why do have have to repeat my self 2 time....

Last transmission outside my thread... see ya guys.

Wow, put your handbag away.

Your posts aren't that easy to read/understand so it probably was a misunderstanding.

And he wasn't "attacking" you or something. No need for that attitude.
i think you right, so my excuse to JasonJ , hope you not mad at me!

What ever really happen into this case.

I feel something wrong when im here... nothing again anyone into particular.

So that was my last and again my excuse to JasonJ. Bye bye!
Woah. Really pleased with the response guy's. Can I thank you all for taking me seriously? I expected this thread and request to get laughed at.

In response to nikka and the sumo game, I have not had the pleasure of taking part due to my lack of license, however I have read about sumo on the forums, it sounds good. Wish I'd had the pleasure.

I'm glad we could all find a ground to get along and that I have had some support over this insim. I have alot of respect for those who can program in all of these languages, I have looked myself but I have no idea where to start. Maybe one day I will start to understand, until then its all dutch to me.

Thank you everyone, I have players who are very keen on this idea. I'm not going to discuss it with them too much at this stage as nothing is definet until it's in the hand.

Did I mention.... Thanks?
It is a good idea. Demolition Derby. Good stuff TBH.

And I think there was a misunderstanding above. I was just trying to say collision detect isnt necessary to see who is last alive. Not trying to insult you Greenseed at all. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Hello all, has anyone had any luck with developing this insim? I have been looking at languages but its all gone over my head, hats off to ya!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG