discrimination server name
I ask to take measures to the owner of this server

#2 - Jakg
Actual picture is attached:
What?
Quote from Jakg :Actual picture is attached:

what did you mean ?
p.s. sry, i badly know English
poeple can name servers whatever they want, no one will do anything about it...
#7 - Jakg
Note to self - attach image.

Your link was broken - correct link is this

EDIT - That host sucks.
Link in the 1st post worked for me.
Quote from Jakg :Note to self - attach image.

Your link was broken - correct link is this

EDIT - That host sucks.

ok done
This might sound like a crazy idea, but how about you just don't yell "I'm Russian" when you join?

I agree that they shouldn't get away with it, but until they get their asses kicked you can work around it (if you feel the need to join a xenophobe server at all).
I think the OP is right, that's clearly racism.

The server owner should reconsider naming servers like that in the future, not sure what the devs/EULA say/s about that, but that would exceed my interest in this issue by far...
I don't see anything wrong with this. If the server admin doesn't want certain people on his server, he's allowed to say so. Server admins can ban whoever they want for no reason at all because it is their server, so they should be able to say "I don't want those kinds of people on my server" just as well IMO.

I'm not saying server admins should be able to name their server whatever they want. For example, some particularly racist or otherwise insulting servername shouldn't be allowed, but the way this guy is doing it... I'm perfectly fine with that.
Since when is "Russian" a race? I think it's rather nationalism.

Other than that, there is a simple solution: don't go on that server. With a name like that, it'll be most likely full of idiots anyway.
ok correct myself, it's 'racial discrimination'

Quote :
...the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
I still dislike the term "race".. it's like we were a bunch of dogs.

And my point still stands that that server is most likely inhabited by morons.
Quote from ColeusRattus :...And my point still stands that that server is most likely inhabited by morons.

I most certainly agree!
If a server name bothers you, don't join it. Or if the words on the screen offend you, don't look at them.
or contact the owner and beat him.
This is quite funny. Are you that bothered about someone not wanting Russians on a host? Its a fine line I will admit but I don't think its quite racism, I could be wrong. Its not like LFS is short of hosts, I'm sure you can find another! If the owner does not like Russians then maybe you don't want to mingle with him/her. It could be the host IS discriminate against Russians and instead of joining hosts where he risks finding Russians he would prefer to segregate himself. I wouldn't complain too loudly, people who don't agree with it simply wont join. I can understand you feel offended about it, but try to have teflon sholders, brush it off and consider yourself better than the host owner. Btw, I know what its like to feel discriminated against, I used to live in Wolverhampton (Spot the white man) and then slough (Spot the English road sign)
Quote from Psysim :This is quite funny. Are you that bothered about someone not wanting Russians on a host? Its a fine line I will admit but I don't think its quite racism, I could be wrong. Its not like LFS is short of hosts, I'm sure you can find another! If the owner does not like Russians then maybe you don't want to mingle with him/her. It could be the host IS discriminate against Russians and instead of joining hosts where he risks finding Russians he would prefer to segregate himself. I wouldn't complain too loudly, people who don't agree with it simply wont join. I can understand you feel offended about it, but try to have teflon sholders, brush it off and consider yourself better than the host owner. Btw, I know what its like to feel discriminated against, I used to live in Wolverhampton (Spot the white man) and then slough (Spot the English road sign)

You a member of the BNP by any chance?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You a member of the BNP by any chance?

Quote from duke_toaster :(warning : link is PDF) Wolver ... e Daily Fail pills again?

That many? where were they all hiding?

No I'm not a member of the BNP, I'm not even racist. There may be 77% white men in wolves, however, they mainly live in the rich areas surrounding wolves. I don't take any pills unless prescribed, and all I get prescribed are pain killers. Anyway, I was just making a point. If you want to know, I lived in a black dominated neighborhood where it was acceptable for the ethnic minority to throw racial abuse at the white men. Got any statistics on why most of the road signs in slough have been changed to muslim? It takes me twice as long to read them now!
I'm very liberal, people can live wherever the hell they like, but I agree the roadsign thing is pushing it a bit.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm very liberal, people can live wherever the hell they like, but I agree the roadsign thing is pushing it a bit.

Yeah, no problem there, did you know you can freely display any full size flag in this country, its great. Did you also know that if you want to display a full size union jack you have to pay £135 planning permission? Is that a discrimination against the British? If I ware union jack boxers am I racist or patriotic? Our government seems to be obsessed with the idea that anything traditionally British is offensive, its not the ethnic minority that bothers me, its our government taking things too far that goes to the bone. If I was of the ethnic minority I wouldn't have to change anything to avoid offending anyone. Yes, White British I believe are starting to become oppressed by the powers above, correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote from psysim :yeah, No Problem There, Did You Know You Can Freely Display Any Full Size Flag In This Country, Its Great. Did You Also Know That If You Want To Display A Full Size Union Jack You Have To Pay £135 Planning Permission? Is That A Discrimination Against The British? If I Ware Union Jack Boxers Am I Racist Or Patriotic? Our Government Seems To Be Obsessed With The Idea That Anything Traditionally British Is Offensive, Its Not The Ethnic Minority That Bothers Me, Its Our Government Taking Things Too Far That Goes To The Bone. If I Was Of The Ethnic Minority I Wouldn't Have To Change Anything To Avoid Offending Anyone. Yes, White British I Believe Are Starting To Become Oppressed By The Powers Above, Correct Me If I'm Wrong.

+1

OT: Just ignore it, its not asif hes pissing through your letterbox.

discrimination server name
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG