The online racing simulator
Should S1 be scrapped??
(48 posts, started )
Why should Demo users who doesn't pay a shit, cruising around, racing what ever you do.
You do not contribute anything to the community, why should you get so much?
Demo is suppose to be just a little head test before the big thing when you buy the game but no no no, you want more.
You want more without contributing a shit to the community.

You have what you have, you have 3 cars, that's good for all free.
Be happy with it.
Simply to thread's author:

GO TO HELL AND BURN B....

Seriously why would you even care? Personally I ain't got a lot of time for multiplayer racing, and I do enjoy racing couple laps in lx6 or xrt around sa4 and you're right there are no servers for s1 players but that's a lame excuse for scratching it, don't you have something more useful to do?

Kids nowadays...
Quote from spiderbait90 :No. Its good to have the option, of getting £12, then learning the new tracks and cars, then when you have another £12 getting the rest.

Although £24 isnt really a huge amount, there are still people who struggle to save that amount up in one go (be it life situation, money burning holes in pockets etc).

Reading your post suddenly made me realise the value of S1 nice thinking i think this is the excact reason S1 is stil availuable
AFAIK you can race on an S2 server if you are S1 licensed, provided that the race is on tracks and cars that are part of S1.

It might be a good choice if you live in a country where £12 is all you get for Christmas. (And then you can buy S2 the next year.)
i like to spend my money on other stuff like my mountain bike and other gadgets but i also have a g25... i loved the new s1 cars when i first got it but then i found out after practicing that almost literally no-one is online...
edit: when i search the forums, no-one has "S1 Licensed" under their name and im surprised that it says that under my name lol!
Quote from Dajmin :Right now it works as a kind of installment plan, so people who can't afford the full S2 license can get S1 and unlock a large portion of the game while they save up for the rest. Just because it's cheap for a game in the UK doesn't mean the rest of the world has the same opinion. That £24 gets really expensive in places like (IIRC) Argentina and Romania.

Please could you change your stabbing avatar? We've received a reported post pointing out that the avatar is a bit disturbing. And I agree, it's a bit distrurbing.

Quote from Stature :i like to spend my money on other stuff like my mountain bike and other gadgets but i also have a g25... i loved the new s1 cars when i first got it but then i found out after practicing that almost literally no-one is online...
edit: when i search the forums, no-one has "S1 Licensed" under their name and im surprised that it says that under my name lol!

It's different now. When you got your S1 license that was the case but there are a lot of occupied S1 compatible hosts now. That is because with any license you can now see all hosts which have the content in your license. So you can see "S2" hosts as long as an S1 track is selected and only S1 cars are allowed.
Quote from Scawen :Please could you change your stabbing avatar? We've received a reported post pointing out that the avatar is a bit disturbing. And I agree, it's a bit distrurbing.

Done. I think it's funny

Thanks, no worries.
Quote from Stature :i like to spend my money on other stuff like my mountain bike and other gadgets but i also have a g25... i loved the new s1 cars when i first got it but then i found out after practicing that almost literally no-one is online...

You could start your own server (or even league). S2 players will join
I purchased S1 specifically for the Autocross content. If I like the game as much as or more than the other sims I already fully own, then I may purchase S2. For me, I simply required the ability to build auto-x courses and drive them in a decent powered AWD car so I could practice.
Quote from TouringBubble :I purchased S1 specifically for the Autocross content. If I like the game as much as or more than the other sims I already fully own, then I may purchase S2. For me, I simply required the ability to build auto-x courses and drive them in a decent powered AWD car so I could practice.

Same here bought S1 for the Autocross content, couldn't be more happy. Just wished there was a Miata or S2000 equivalent.
Quote from Scawen :Please could you change your stabbing avatar? We've received a reported post pointing out that the avatar is a bit disturbing. And I agree, it's a bit distrurbing.

The person who reported it probably finds South Park disturbing to .
Quote from [nism0]M5 :Personally i think that S1 should b scrapped due to the physics.

That doesn't make any sense to me at all. Fancy explaining?
#39 - Jakg
With an S1 license you can still use S2 content, just only the stuff that was originally in S1 (i.e. the MRT, Fern Bay etc).
You do realise the S1 and S2 have the same physics and graphics as they use the same .exe? Or are you mistaking V0.3 for S1?
Try downloading the latest version. Sure, it doesn't have the unrealistic graphics of some of the newer games, and the handling isn't as unrealistic as most others, but you'd probably still enjoy it.
#42 - Jakg
I will bet a small (nonexistant) fortune S3 isn't next year.
It's likely it won't be, but he's right in saying that in theory it COULD be. We just don't know

But in terms of "not being interested" in S1 - do you realise that a lot of the most popular servers use S1 vehicles and tracks? The TBO class is S1 content. The LXes are S1. South City and Fern Bay are both S1 environments.
And of course the fact that it'll require more saving to buy S3 as a lump sum than it would to buy S1 now and S2 and S3 in a couple of months...

I just can't do it. There is no way to reason with these people. They'll either buy it or they won't, and it seems like the more someone complains about how "limited" the content for one particular part is, the less likely they are to ever actually pay for it.
Who said that? Because this being the official site and Scawen constantly saying he has no idea and would never make an estimate for a release date sort of makes anyone else's opinion useless
It's not very likely that a demo racer is given access to S3 before the trusted beta testers or certain members of the community, now is it.

S3 will not be out this year. Or next year.
#46 - Jakg
It really would help if you backed up any of your claims - it's playing bloody chinese wispers!
Quote from [nism0]M5 :Dajmin, yea i know what you mean but its just because im used to S2 thats why i dont have an interest in S1 no more

What the hell are you talking about? The more posts of yours I read the more I'm convinced that you have no clue at all what you're talking about. How can you be "used to S2"? You're a demo player, so the only thing you're used to is the XFG/XRG/FBM on Blackwood. Those combos are exactly the same in Demo, S1 and S2. No difference whatsoever in graphics, physics or anything else.
If you buy an S1 license, it just unlocks the content of whatever version you're using. So if you're using version Z for example, by getting an S1 license, you'd unlock the S1 cars and tracks on your version, with the very same physics and graphics you have now.

The old versions (0.3 and the like) are called "S1" as they were the current versions when the S1 license (and content) was made available. Buying an S1 license doesn't mean you have to use 0.3

Should S1 be scrapped??
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG