The online racing simulator
Firefox Help?!
(19 posts, started )
Firefox Help?!
Today, I loaded up a few forums and it asked me to sign in "No big deal" I thought, even though I always tick the box that says "Keep me signed in" but I logged in. "Thanks for logging in" message came up, then when I would go back to the forum index, it would ask me to login again.

Deleted all my shizzle and reinstalled...Sounds selfish, but I really can't be bothered to try everything before asking, which is what I usually do, but my computer has a few problems that I need to sort, I just can't be bothered
#2 - J@tko
Tools>Options>Privacy print screeny?
My /C drive is actually uber full. With only 7MB left...

Could that be it?
Quote from The General Lee :My /C drive is actually uber full. With only 7MB left...

Could that be it?

I don't know if that's the issue, but seriously that's a horrible horrible idea. Get rid of some stuff or put it on another drive.

It'll do wonders for your system.
I know mate, I didn't realise how bad it was.

I have cleared 4GB and it's still doing it.
#6 - STF
do you go back using the "back" button? if you do, a page refresh should do the trick.
Check the cookie settings (Privacy tab in Options dialog window)
Check the system clock. If it's all wrong, Firefox may think the cookies have expired.
#8 - Jakg
Use CCleaner to free up some space.

If the worst comes to the worst - use Chrome (now my daily browser...)
I actually removed GoogleChrome to create some space.

Re-installed and no problems now.

Thanks Jakg.
This may sound like a silly question but.... Why are you not using the password manager on Firefox? It has never failed me, logs me in every time. Are you using the new Firefox v3? It has many great improvements.

Glad you fixed the problem.
Quote from Psysim :This may sound like a silly question but.... Why are you not using the password manager on Firefox?

because that's how people get their accounts hijacked on public computers, or forgetting their passwords altogether.
Quote from bunder9999 :because that's how people get their accounts hijacked on public computers, or forgetting their passwords altogether.

So your going to follow me about and pick holes in every post I make?

What the hell is public about his computer? If he is asking it to remember him is that not the same?

Washed that sand out of your crusty vagina yet? Oh, it would appear not! If your going to spend the whole night picking holes in all my posts make sure you read the WHOLE thread first, there is no mention of PUBLIC COMPUTERS.
Quote from Psysim :Washed that sand out of your crusty vagina yet? Oh, it would appear not! If your going to spend the whole night picking holes in all my posts

jesus christ. get off my ass. you're so paranoid. i'm not following you around, i was just replying to the thread. frankly, i've had enough. i'm done with this forum.
So you didn't pick at what I said, your comment was silly really, it was just a pick, no mention of public computers. Well if your done with this forum its a happy day for me, I wont have you picking at me again. Lets face it, you just spat your dummy out and after all you did say....

"because that's how people get their accounts hijacked on public computers, or forgetting their passwords altogether. "

I just want to know where public computers where mentioned? Oh they were not, you were just picking holes in what I had said, Still sour grapes.... Well off you go then!

"jesus christ. get off my ass. you're so paranoid. i'm not following you around, i was just replying to the thread. frankly, i've had enough. i'm done with this forum."

That's what I thought too.
#15 - STF
C`mon guys, cut it off, this isn`t the place.
Psysim, maybe you`re reading too much into it. Bunder`s "idea" is an option, a realistic possibility.

One could find out his password(s) by stealing/reading them from
"%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile name].default\signons(signons2).txt".

But not if he sets a Master Password. And by that i mean a decent 10+ characters pwd..
Thus ensuring a long time needed for cracking it brute force .
Happens to me too, I dunno what to do, so I simply don't log in.
Quote from STF :C`mon guys, cut it off, this isn`t the place.
Psysim, maybe you`re reading too much into it. Bunder`s "idea" is an option, a realistic possibility.

One could find out his password(s) by stealing/reading them from
"%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile name].default\signons(signons2).txt".

But not if he sets a Master Password. And by that i mean a decent 10+ characters pwd..
Thus ensuring a long time needed for cracking it brute force .

Its not about the password, its about someone picking holes in everything you say. Read and learn, bunder is IGNORANT!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=48503

Again, read the post. Do you not trust the people you live with? If you don't trust people you live with you should not ask the forum to remember you either....
Psysim - I do use the Password Manager. If you read my post, it says I am usually logged in, but I know it expires after a few weeks sometimes. I logged in and it didn't work.

Anyway, enough bickering...The problem has been 'sorted'.
I did read your post, you are normaly signed in, I got that. I just asked "why don't you use password manager?" It was just a question but nvm.

Firefox Help?!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG