The online racing simulator
LFS demoing for 1 year
(51 posts, closed, started )
LFS demoing for 1 year
My LFS gaming has reached the 1 year mark. Just thought I'd post something.

My, how time flies. I still remember the time I tried to try out for Shikane Drifters back in Patch X10. That was a week after I started.

I remember the time I ranted about the XRT taken out of demo in the first week of Patch Y. The thread got deleted immediately Now, I like the FBM. It's a break from all the drifting I've been doing.

Up until now I'm using KB Stabilized.

Now, I'm part of Pro Sliders (Entirely because of the keyboard; if I hadn't used it I'd still be teamless) with a great crowd.

Taking a hiatus from LFS until I get good grades in my card.

Reason for me not buying S2 is because I've got no money, and I doubt my mom would allow me to 'waste' P1500 on a game using her credit.

Good races people.
and you can mark the 1 year anniversary by buying S2
"I've been freeloading from LFS for one year now, thought i'd make a topic about it".

Seriously it bugs me that people seem proud that they can play a free demo for a year. I understand it may be special to you but its just annoying for all of us.
Whoa, that's pretty cheap.
#6 - CSU1
Quote from mcintyrej :"I've been freeloading from LFS for one year now, thought i'd make a topic about it".

Seriously it bugs me that people seem proud that they can play a free demo for a year. I understand it may be special to you but its just annoying for all of us.

You are ignorant, no one is freeloading, only.one.rider was simply expressing how good of a time he's had playing demo for a year and fyi I and many other others like to race demo as it's a place to let off steam with continuous pick-up-style racing.

Maybe he's got no money to spend on games for whatever reason, anyone has every right to play demo for as long as they wish and people who say "oh, just buy S2 because demo racers bug me" sound cheap to be honest.

Get off his back ffs.
#7 - Kaw
I gotta say I agree with Jack. Kinda not cool to be demo for that long in my book. But there isnt anything wrong with it. If people are satisfied with restrictions and what comes with demo, then so be it. But I just think its kinda, well, pathetic might be a strong word. Not quite pathetic but up there I'd say.
I can't believe someone can stretch Demo for a full year. I played Demo for 1-2 weeks until I bought S1 (S2 was not out yet)
#9 - Gil07
If the devs have made the demo without a time-limit, why be mad at people that use the demo in no way other than it is provided?

...buy s2!
#10 - Kaw
Time limit is a pwn idea!

I played lfs demo for 20 seconds, pulled out of the pit in the XFG to see if my computer could cope with it! Was allllll my demo experience!
#11 - th84
Quote from mcintyrej :"I've been freeloading from LFS for one year now, thought i'd make a topic about it".

Shit posts like these annoy me more than any length that a demo'er might demo this game. You really shouldn't speak for everyone when you make shitty comments like that.
Quote from Kaw :Time limit is a pwn idea!

I played lfs demo for 20 seconds, pulled out of the pit in the XFG to see if my computer could cope with it! Was allllll my demo experience!

I didnt even play the demo!
Why the attack on him using demo and making a message about the good time he had with it for a year? It's just the model the devs use. Free unlimited (in time) demo in what a lot of people can get enthusiastic and buy S2.

The league i drive also has a demo devision and a lot of people drive in it for a long time. Every once in a while a few buy S2 because they want to try something new. I don't think that is a bad way of selling your product.
Quote from pacesetter :I didnt even play the demo!

I did, 3 laps in the time S1 didn't even exist and 3 laps years later when i bought S2. To bad for the missing years
Quote :Seriously it bugs me that people seem proud that they can play a free demo for a year. I understand it may be special to you but its just annoying for all of us.

Why should it bug you? It doesn't effect you? It doesn't bother the devs (or they would put a time limit in) so why should it bother you?
#15 - JJ72

I'm fine with that....
Updated first post.

I'm just saying that even with the limits of BL and 3 vehicles, I remain playing it. Why? I don't know, LFS just draws me back.
#17 - Kaw
Quote from Becky Rose :Why should it bug you? It doesn't effect you? It doesn't bother the devs (or they would put a time limit in) so why should it bother you?

Maybe because he feels that people should support the game and support its development and not just race demo forever.
Quote from Kaw :Maybe because he feels that people should support the game and support its development and not just race demo forever.

It's no concern of his.

The devs quite smartly did not put a time limit on the demo - you know why? Because not everyone wants to make a purchasing decision in the time available of a time limited demo.

I've got a bit of software on my HDD now that has a 14 day trial, currently i'm too busy to try it. It will likely expire and then I wont be able to test it and decide if I want it (it also has hardware locked DRM that doesnt suite me, so i'm not buying Bobs Track Builder - if it had a demo like LFS' I might have stood a fair chance of becoming a customer.).

The devs have no time limit on their product because they are accutely aware that a demo user may one day turn into a customer. It's an issue between the user and the devs. It has absolutely nothing to do with any other customer.

What does become a problem however, is when users take it upon themselves to guilt trip forum members as it comes across as hostile. If you want to welcome this person into the community, then welcome them. Chasing them off makes them less likely to become a customer, and then the post i'm responding too actually has the opposite effect of their wish... .

I just don't get it. It's nothing to do with any of us whether this person buys the game or not. I might let the devs know if I suspect piracy, but other than that - what right have we got to make this person feel unwelcome because they have chosen not to purchase something that we have.

You honestly think Scawen is still relying on the one off lisence fee you paid? I rather bet it's already been spent (on nappies probably), he's relying on new sales, and chasing people away does not help.
If he hasn't got the money to buy it then fine, it just peeves me off a little that he would make a topic about playing a demo for a year is all.

I suppose the "annoys us all" was wrong too but i'm just speaking from what i've generally seen from the forum.
Well said Becky. Congrats to the OP!

Some ppl don't have the $ to spend on a game.
Quote from major_syphillis :Some ppl don't have the $ to spend on a game.

Bullshit.

If you can afford a pc to run it, then you can afford to buy it. If not, then get yourself a job.
i played demo for about 2 years before a teammate (thank you arco ) bought it for me...
I wouldn't be angry at those who you call freeloaders and I don't care about their reasons to not buy the full game. What I find important is whether or not the so called freeloaders are grateful and respectful to the DEVs for letting them enjoy a great game for free. Either by expressing their respect here in the forum or by simply buying the S2 sometime.
I was demo for two years. One of the things that turned me off from buying the game was the continuous reprisal of S2'ers aggainst demo'ers. And i'm sure i'm not the only one that felt/feels this way.

It's as if it was forbidden to be happy with only the demo or that demo'ers were being ungrateful. As if by putting no time limit, Scavier team expected people to buy the game out of remorses of being ungrateful. And they've said again and again, that's not the case.

And with all this anger toward demo'ers, not to talk about other kinds of angers directed at different kinds of driving, i always end up thinking, "well this isn't a community i want to be part of." Of course there are always exceptions to this, and if it wasn't for them i wouldn't probably have S2.
Your mom can't spare a dollar a week? I mean, i am not attacking the OP, but it makes me wonder why people can't just solve problems and instead make excuses. 1 dollar a week is about 52 dollars. that is pretty much enough for an s1 an s2 license. 1 dollar a day is a about 8 weeks. People really can't save 1 dollar a day? drink water instead of soda a few days a week? skip the M&M's or a pint of beer?

I played the demo for a long time too before i bought S1 hehe. They need to teach money management and how to save in school.
This thread is closed

LFS demoing for 1 year
(51 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG