The online racing simulator
WRC style gearflap mod for DFP
Finally completed something I had been planning to do for a long time. As you all know, the stock DFP gear paddles are rubbish. Way too small and far away to reach properly when wheel is rotated. So, I took apart my old Thrustmaster 360 modena pro and found out that it had perfect sized gear flaps to fit in to DFP.

So I dismantled the whole wheel and noticed that the gear flaps were in 4 parts, upper ones were for gear up/down, lower parts were optional brake/gas paddles. I was wondering how to connect these together and came up with a solution: superglue + plastic welding. Works like a charm, they ain't coming off anytime soon. After that I drilled 4 extra holes to connect them to DFP. After some screws and few washers this is what I came up with:

http://nismo.1g.fi/temp/WRCflaps/

It's really alot, ALOT better than before. The gearflaps are solid and much better to reach and have better feel since you can press them with 4 fingers instead of 2 now.

Recommended mod for anyone who's thinking about doing it.
Looks nice

I don't have a DFP but judging from your pics, the original paddles are really... crap. Good improvement.
Wow, looks very very cool!
"WRC style"? Doesn't the WRC cars only one flap on the right side which does both up/down shifting?

Or then I didn't understand something...
AFAIK they have one round "flap" that goes around the wheel and doesn't move with it (like in DFP). But these "look" like it so, hence the name

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG