The online racing simulator
a hole high speed circuit and oval?
who would like to have a high speed circuit like monza with no chicane

and a monza style oval
Here plz +1
Uh... we have an Oval. It's called KY_Oval or something.. One is more than enough.

As for the Monza track, unlikely since that's a stupidly long straight without the chicane.... wait and see what new tracks are released in the coming months / millenia.
Erm KY oval is like 3 corners would be nice to have a 2 corner oval too actually.
It's an Oval

Want Nascar? Go play iRacing or one of the 900 Versions of Nascar2012 or whatever.
What if I don't want to pay 158$ a year but still wouldn't mind an oval with 2 turns but still want good physics. Another oval wouldn't hurt. Just like any other track would be appreciated by me at least actually.

If the others have it, why can't LFS have it? Would make it competitive agaisnt them . What if I don't wanna turn to those other sims?

Tbh I'm not much of an oval person but whatever. I still think a 2 turn oval would be cool.
Looks like everytime anyone suggests anything new, such as a track, or car, etc... Something that eventually could bring some sort of fun or even more realism to the simulation, someone has to imediately reply, stating that we already have 'enough content'! Sorry, but it's kind of annoying and bad for the community... Of course not every idea or suggestion is necessarily brilliant, or useful, but LFS needs these kinds of ideas to move on. Otherwise most people will start to lose interest and consequently stop playing it! Dont get me wrong, imo LFS has alot of quality content and the most important thing, that is its physics engine, still unmatched by any simulation! Anyway, thats just my toughts about this. After all everyone has the right to express themselves, without being sent to play nascar or something else...
Well, granted the idea of a 'propper' oval would be prefereable to the crappy Triangle-oval thing on KY, but I'd rather have a new selection of tracks, updates and what not to new or/and existant ones than a whole new oval. The proportion of oval races to normal racers isn't worth it (in my opinion) over regular tracks for normal people

Nothing nasty meant by that btw..

Edit for above post : We already have an oval-like track. It's a waste of time (imo) getting another one until we have more road courses that people actually use

Oval? Fun? Holding your wheel to the left with your foot welded to the pedal isn't my idea of fun..others may be a different matter..

I'm sure the Devs have an idea, and a plan of what they're going to be doing, and what they're working on. I'm sure they've read our ideas and the best ones may get implemented..
Bah I'm starting to get used to Mister S14 Drift's comments now. :P Always the same kind of comments.

I agree that a track with right and left turns would be better then a new oval but doesn't LFS wanna promote a wide variety of racing? I think I heard that from Victor in the InsideSimRacing interview. Wide variety of racing means different types of cars and tracks. They can do like they did for KY. Make an oval and then a road course to it. I love KY's road courses but at least theres the Oval for those who want it.
Yes, I copy paste from a notepad

YESYES I'm not AGAINST a new propper oval, but at this stage propper tracks should take precident over an oval. That's all I'm saying
Btw, Oval racing takes a lot more skill then to turn left and have your foot on the throttle at all times. It often requires braking and turning right aswell in slides and straights. Plus your trying to keep as much momentum and keep it on the limit when your not on the throttle. Try XRT @ KY and take it full speed on the throttle and lets see how it goes :P Let's see you get competitive laptimes in it. (It's actually not TOO hard but definetly isnt just turning left and keeping your foot on the throttle)
Yeah, I was just stereotyping. It's much harder than that, managing wear, counter-steering and what not - But what it boils down to is turning left
Yep and blocking, and a little bit of bumping and nudging because I doupt you'll find any racing as close as that O_O.

But like I said, I agree that other tracks are more important then ovals but one doesn't erase the possibility of the other. Oval's with road courses inside are pretty popular nowadays.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oval? Fun? Holding your wheel to the left with your foot welded to the pedal isn't my idea of fun..others may be a different matter..

Exactly! Your idea. But youre not the only person using LFS are you? Hate when theres such 'narrow-minded' people. Hope not to offend you, but if you really hate ovals, why are you replying so much to this thread? I dont consider myself an oval racer, but would be nice to have a Monza style oval. Not a priority, but that doesnt make itself a bad suggestion does it?
No shit, I'm not the only person playing. I'm not narrow minded, should you actually read MY WHOLE POST. Jesus, some people.

EDIT : Was also suggested before but on a larger (Speed test track) scale. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=26008
How sensitive. Just a question for you... Do you like drifting? (sorry about the off topic)
What does drifting have to do with anything? Way to start a flame war.
Not starting anything at all. Anyway forget about it... This would most probably lead to nothing.
Whatever, thought better of it. Forget it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Uh... we have an Oval. It's called KY_Oval or something.. One is more than enough.

As for the Monza track, unlikely since that's a stupidly long straight without the chicane.... wait and see what new tracks are released in the coming months / millenia.

Monza oval is different..........
Hehe i read your reply just before you edit it. Dont worry because my intention wasnt to get you 'harrased' lol. Nice story anyway...
Quote from scania :who would like to have a high speed circuit like monza with no chicane

and a monza style oval

Is this the one you're reffering to?

If it is, would be amazing to see its recreation in LFS, with their high-banked curves!

I want this!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's an Oval

Want Nascar? Go play iRacing or one of the 900 Versions of Nascar2012 or whatever.

The last real nascar sim was 2003^^
Quote from scania :
I want this!

Mmm, the pre-1962 Monza 10km track.

There's an awesome version available for Grand Prix Legends. With arguably much better cars too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG